The Pit: Front or Back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was. I was like why am I getting wet and then I looked up and put it together.

I was on Edge's side in the middle or about 2/3 of the way back in Oklahoma and it seemed harder to see the catwalk than the stage, even though I think I was closer to the catwalk. I got some really good pictures of the stage from where I was. People were saying on here that if you're too close you can't see what's going on because the stage is too tall, so I tried to stay back a little (not that I really had a choice; we got there at 6:00 and I felt fortunate just to have gotten in the circle!).

There's a "bump" in the aluminum plating on the ground, one each in front of Edge and Adam, so if you're short you can try to stand on one of them. There was a short lady close to me who refused to get off the bump; if someone wanted to get through, she was like, "Sorry, but I'm not getting off this bump!" :lol: I had one foot on it for a while but didn't really need it.

I could see perfectly fine. The stage is high up, so you will be able to see them.

I was in Red Zone but from what I could see, the best place to be would be dead center outside of the inner circle.

This is not stopping me from going for the inner circle this year :D

Loved the front rail view between Bono and Edge in Chicago... only downer was the lack of a good view for Larry and the screens, but otherwise I was tall enough to handle it pretty well! :)

I imagine any view towards the back of the circle or just beyond it would be pretty good too though.

I only got blocked off from Larry once and that was because one of Bono's amps was in the way.

If that's the case you're better off on the outside rail outside the pit rather than the back rail inside the pit. There's a better chance you'll be squashed in that position inside the pit and if you're not tall there's more of a chance you'll be blocked.

If that's the case you're better off on the outside rail outside the pit rather than the back rail inside the pit. There's a better chance you'll be squashed in that position inside the pit and if you're not tall there's more of a chance you'll be blocked.

Ya I've considered that. I kinda want to be inside the pit for my first GA but back a bit. That's why I wanted back rail inner circle.
I'll probably not make up my mind until 5 minutes before they let us into the stadium :lol:

I always make up my mind at the last minute. It also has to do with where I am in the line too.

That's why I wanna stand back a bit in Minneapolis. I wanna be on the back rail to get a good view of the whole band/ stage/ screens etc. Plus it'll be cool to be right there when they come around the rail and on the bridges :D

I know we've talked about this till we're blue in the face, but I don't know if I've told you (other people have though) that a downside of the front rail is that it's pretty hard to see them all. Like I told you, I was towards Adam's side, so not only did I hardly see Larry, Edge was kinda scarce too :slant: But...being that close :drool:

I don't personally give a flying whatsit about the screen...I see it as being there so everyone can see what's going on onstage. But if you're standing a few feet from the stage, you don't need it. And from the front rail, you literally almost fall on your back trying to look up at the screen :lol:

Back
Top Bottom