The Pit: Front or Back?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hung around at the back of the pit in Croke Park. The stage is pretty high when you're at the very front, so while you do have the thrill of members of the band (especially Bono) occasionally leaning over and waving at you and stuff, it's harder to see the incredible screen visuals.

If you stay at the back, you'll still get very close to the band whenever one of them goes for a walk along the outer ring, and also I was lucky in that I happened to be standing right underneath one of the bridges when Adam decided to walk out and lean against the bridge railings for most of With or Without you, I was literally right next to him for the entire song. It's more about which side you pick. Adam is on Bono's left, Edge is on his right and while they move around constantly, you stand the best chance of seeing whichever person os "supposed" to be on your side. I was on the left so I saw a lot of Adam, on the right you'd see a lot of Edge but not much of Adam, and Bono is pretty much visible the entire time since he just never stops running around! I pity the screen cameramen whose job it is to try and keep up with him :D

Oh and Larry's drum kit actually revolves, so you'll see as much of him as anyone else.

I am aiming for the back of the pit in Montreal. Stage is too tall, and it's more of a thrill when they come around on the catwalk. Makes it more special I am sure, when they are near you and you see them coming.

SMB

I'm 5'3" and did seats one show, then outer rail, edges side then inner pit front rail Adams side. My fave was Carlos' spot. Outer catwalk rail. You see more of the show but are also close. Inner front rail was amazing though! Sooo close but you turn around a lot to watch the catwalk and bridges and I lost track of band memberes as they walked about. But still- Bono reaching down from a bridge close to me? Sigh, :drool:
I have 4 ga shows and will try for outer front rail

I did seats for the last leg (thank goodness, as I had a broken foot...) but now I'm so torn about where to go in Montreal. I know so much will depend on where we end up in the GA line, but I'm thinking that the outer catwalk rail sounds really good. I was right in front of Adam for the Somerville show last spring and it was an amazing experience to be that close. But, with this stage being so high, I'm afraid we'll all have neck aches by the end of the show if we try for inner rail....decisions, decisions!

I'm thinking near the front for Minneapolis :wink: I know we both wanna be as close to the band as possible for our first GA :hug:
I can't wait! Hope your hubby won't mind the drooling :drool: :lol:

Sounds good...how tall are you? :wink:

He is expecting the drooling...:lol:

I'm 5'9. How tall are you?

Okay well as long as he is prepared :lol:
And to think he has to deal with all the Pleba talk the whole day in line :wink:
I'll be sure to give him a free coffee when you guys are back just to make up for it.

I'm 5'11.... so we are all good! :sexywink:

I'm 5'3" and did seats one show, then outer rail, edges side then inner pit front rail Adams side. My fave was Carlos' spot. Outer catwalk rail. You see more of the show but are also close. Inner front rail was amazing though! Sooo close but you turn around a lot to watch the catwalk and bridges and I lost track of band memberes as they walked about. But still- Bono reaching down from a bridge close to me? Sigh, :drool:
I have 4 ga shows and will try for outer front rail

:madwife: Carlos' spot??!?! I had it first!

:wink:

I know I'm trying for front rail for a few shows. I wanna do outer rail for one, maybe Denver.

Kristen, I think you should do outer rail for at least one show just to so you get both perspectives.

Inner front has the negatives that you're almost too close and you lose 'sight' of the show. Catwalk rail has the best if both worlds. Don't take the back rail if you're short. When theyre on the main stage, the crowd blocks your view. When they're on the catwalk, the band faces away from you.

But the back view isn't always bad, if ya know what I'm sayin' :wink: It was really fun just to be in the pit with all that energy, even for the vertically challenged. And esp. if you have 4 shows, just experiment with what works best.

^ Fo sho. It's fun just to be in the pit, but the front is preferable to the back if you're short. Also, you get people walking back and forth in front of you to enter/leave the pit, especially as you get closer to the end of the show. Argh! Still, outer rail, ftw :)

Neither.

Outside rail. Edge's Adam's side.

Fixed. :wink:

I went for the outer rail both nights in Foxboro and loved it. Great view of the stage, the screen, and the band. Adam and Edge spent a good amount of time on the catwalks both nights. Bono wasnt on the catwalk as much, but at Foxboro 1, it was amazing seeing Bono on the bridge(which was right in front of me) during Magnificent. :love: Aside from some creeper on 9/20, no shoving and everyone around me was really cool.

I know I'll be going for the outer rail again for at least one of the 2 shows I go to in July. Kristen, I have a few pics on my facebook from the 9/20 show if you want to check out the view from the rail. :)

Difficult to find a right answer, it depends from your own intention.
In my opinion (after 8 shows experience in Europe last year, 4 GA and 4 seatings), GA is the one and only.
But, in my opinion, the best place to see the show is outside the FOS barrier direct in front middle to the stage. Everything to see for the spectators, especially at the circle performances and much more emotions be to find there.
For this year, I`ve had only bought GA`s and I`ll go at the barrier.

Inner Circle, Back Rail

Just wondering how early I should start lining up for the spot in the center of the pit on the back rail. I was thinking 6am but not sure if this is necessary for this spot.
Btw, this would be for Minneapolis and I know it's not one of those high demand and priority cities like Dublin or NYC.

You may not need to be there THAT early. Usually the early birds go for the front row and the front row outside the circle, like me I was there 3 times for Vertigo and once for 360.

Aww you're lucky. I'm hoping to do the front a few times and the back of the pit and outer rail at least once maybe ( I have four shows this leg to experiment spots with) :D

Hmmm what about the center of the middle of the pit? Is that spot any good??

My friend was right in the middle middle of the pit and right under Bono and Edge at the end of UTEOTW and said it was incredible.

Yeah, I think, once you're in the pit it doesn't matter where you are really. Although if you have an Adam/Edge preference I'd stick with that side. I adore Edge and don't really care much about Adam ( *ducks* ) but everyone said how great Adam was and how much contact he makes with the ppl on his side. It wasn't worth it. I did wish I was on Edge's side and got really really excited the 2 or 3 times Edge came over near us.

I had Bono sweat on me when he walked over me during Your Blue Room at Jersey 1. I was on the front rail and he started to walk on the bridge and he stopped right on top of me.

Back
Top Bottom