The fear of a new influenza-pandemia ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adam says bring it on!! :lol:

adam-pop.jpg

You're such a comedian! :lol:

So, some of you are still not taking this issue serious, don't you? :|

About how it will affect the tour? If it becomes severe enough that governments start restricting travel or something, then we've got something to talk about.

And no, I'm not particularly worried about the illness itself at this point, because what's the point of that? Wash your hands frequently, take good care of yourself, go see a doctor if you exhibit flu symptoms.

About how it will affect the tour? If it becomes severe enough that governments start restricting travel or something, then we've got something to talk about.

And no, I'm not particularly worried about the illness itself at this point, because what's the point of that? Wash your hands frequently, take good care of yourself, go see a doctor if you exhibit flu symptoms.

...and cough and sneeze into your elbow pit. NOT ON ME!!! :mad:

I'm flying tomorrow and not really looking forward to it.

Mark

WHO raised the alert to level 5 out of 6. "pandemic imminent". Scary stuff.

Last edited:
I can just see the swine flu twitter now:

Hey someone in Nebraska just sneezed... have you stocked up on Kleenex? Try our new Aloe Plus+ Germ Neutralizer 3-Ply HandiPak! Clinically proven to reduce your risk of catching or spreading swine flu.*

* Statements not evaluated by CDC
:drool:

So, after flying MSP to DEN to OAK today, I only saw 2 people with face masks--one was an old lady on already on death's doorstep and the other was a guy who only had it around his neck, so he may have just finished sanding his pinewood derby car.

It was definitely a little tense though.

Mark

...and cough and sneeze into your elbow pit. NOT ON ME!!! :mad:

I'm flying tomorrow and not really looking forward to it.

Mark
:up: tbh the only time i'll be worried is while i'm on a plane next month. one of the trips will be 13 hours, that one especially worries me. but ehh, i'll throw a mask in my carry on and if i see lots of people wearing one or some moron coughing/sneezing, i'll put one on too so i can look cool.

:up: tbh the only time i'll be worried is while i'm on a plane next month. one of the trips will be 13 hours, that one especially worries me. but ehh, i'll throw a mask in my carry on and if i see lots of people wearing one or some moron coughing/sneezing, i'll put one on too so i can look cool.

I was heartened to hear someone on NPR say that the air in airplanes is generally filtered well enough to block viruses. If you get sick on an airplane, it is generally because someone sitting very close to you is sick, not just someone on the plane, or because you picked it up with your hands in the airport somewhere.

( :reject: I had masks in my carry-on just in case.)

BTW, after 13 hours on a plane you pick up on a person's hygiene and sleep habits as well as their current ailments. FUN! :huh:

Mark

The reaction people are having is because its something new in humans, while it does have the potential to mutate quickly because of its mix of elements from a number viruses, we need to keep this in perspective. More than 37,000 people are killed by the regular flu every year, something no one really fears and just takes as a part of daily life, so far we have 160 or so fatalities in Mexico from this flu. And thus far it appears to be less virulent in the US.

"social distancing" measures for the pre-pandemic/pandemic phases recommend keeping a distance of 2 metres away from other people, and more from people with flu symptoms... GA will be especially tricky!

Back
Top Bottom