The CLAW Part 4 - (INCL. SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AMAZING :hyper:

The best spot to see all the action is definitely the seats section. When you're under the claw, you don't see half of it. On the other hand, being close to everything is also :drool:

Great videos, great pictures :up:

Hope for a good bootleg soon.

- MOFO
- The Fly
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
- Until The End Of The World
- Discotheque
- Lemon
- Desire (full band!)

I would also live to see the songs you mentioned, they're not exactly rare or unheard of tracks!! I think there is a fair chance that The Fly, UTEOTW and Discotheque will make it at some point. However the band seem to be going with slower, more chilled out tracks, songs that are compatible with the mood of NLOTH, let's see how it works out.

At the moment it does seem as though the set is missing a 'balls-out' rocker that we can usually expect from a U2 show. Vertigo had it with Love & Peace or Else and The Fly, this set lacks that. As well, although Bullet is 'finally gone' as many of you will be glad of, as a result the set lacks the 'heart of darkness' that also normally pervades a U2 setlist - usually before being amended by Streets.

They're obviously going for more atmospheric, less blatant rock stuff this time. The whole concept, light show etc. is designed around that idea. I still think there is enough stuff in there to bring the stadium down: Vertigo, COBL, Streets. I know a lot of people were bitching about Elevation, I'd say Elevation should be part of the set, maybe not in every show, but still. And I also agree about the Fly, but I don't know how it would work with the screen. Other rockers I'd like to see are Until the end of the world, and Stand Up Comedy. Other than that, fine set. :up:

Anyone think its strange that the last 7 songs on the setlist are very slow...I agree with the people who think the setlist is unbalanced, they need more upbeat songs, I don't care what album they come off of either, I've come to accept the fact they are shunning the 90's on this tour. All around, the visuals look amazing!

Breathe
No Line on the Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful DaY
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Angel of Harlem
In A Little While
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding LIghts
Vertigo
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In The Name of Love)
MLK
Walk On
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
-------
Ultraviolet
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender.

So, they DID play to the people in the back? I was wonderng about that- if they made any efforts to focus some attention back there for a certain amount of time?

I would love to see videos and pics taken from behind the stage seats... Has anyone seen any of those?

It will be interesting for me to hear how the energy is behind the stage. It looks like one can see the band from behind but the fact that there so many empty spots in theRedZone looks like an energy zapper. ALso, I dont know why they couldnt have made the circular cat walk go all around? And have Bono walk in a circle? :hmm:

I've come to accept the fact they are shunning the 90's on this tour. All around, the visuals look amazing!

Oh, I hope they add more 90's to this tour-- I think it SCREAMS for it! Isnt obvious?????!!!! :drool:

Anyone think its strange that the last 7 songs on the setlist are very slow...

MLK
Walk On
One
-------
Ultraviolet
With Or Without You
Moment of Surrender
So now WTSHNN, Ultraviolet, and Walk On are considered "very slow" songs? Wow, this forum gets weirder every tour.

I've come to accept the fact they are shunning the 90's on this tour. All around, the visuals look amazing!
You've accepted this based on one show? :|

I would fix it up like this:

No Line on the Horizon
Breathe
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful DaY
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Angel of Harlem
In A Little While
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding LIghts
Discotheque (THE LIGHTS THEY COULD USE!!)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Desire (Full Band)
MLK
Walk On
MOS
-------
Vertigo
Ultraviolet
With Or Without You
Kite or Bad

I really don't want this thread to turn into a setlist thread - there is a place for that (brownnosing the admins) this should be about the design and now what we have seen it do.

(((I would say though, that this tour is crying for their edgier songs from the Achtung, Zooropa, and Pop days - I mean this is avant garde design, I really think songs like ISHFWILF have no place in this set. My two cents say they should retire Streets, SBS, and ISHFWILF to be replaced with anything from Achtung, Zooropa and Pop...)))

No there is speculation that it is Gavin Friday's - "Kingdom" with support vocals from Bono

Oh that clip is pretty cool... and it made me just realize something about the opening song speculated to be Kingdom... didn't Gavin's message on Twitter say "Kingdom... soon"?
Is it my imagination or is the word being repeated over and over in that song the word "soon".
:reject: maybe that's reading too much into it. I'll go to the other thread. Thanks for the video heads up!

Any1 notice that on the Rehearsal vid of MOS U heard Larry singing, but I don't think he did on Opening Nite.... I liked the layer his voice added.

i had read earlier last week some one saying the bridges moved.

I had seen the walkway part but not the side (railings) structures UNTIL last nights vids!

I love the low arcs and zig-zag shapes!

then which ever vid i was watching way in the wee hours last night I saw (and i had only thought there was 1 bridge, too :lol: -- considering their function to get the guys out onto the circle ASAP, yes? )--

the bridges moving during a song!
:ohmy::ohmy::hyper::drool::drool:

so damn cool!

and yeah I agree that an extra song from AB/Z & POP each not in the set alreadywould really fit in with this "baby's" visual effects! altho it does other types of atmospherics well, too. :lol: :drool::drool:

Back
Top Bottom