The CLAW Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know this probably doesn't belong here, but bear with me please.

So if I'm looking at getting two seats right behind the stage (Sec 121 Row 14) for Boston at 225 apiece vs. getting two toward the back half of the side of the stage (Sec 128 Row 16) at 255 apiece... which is the better call?

So I know this probably doesn't belong here, but bear with me please.

So if I'm looking at getting two seats right behind the stage (Sec 121 Row 14) for Boston at 225 apiece vs. getting two toward the back half of the side of the stage (Sec 128 Row 16) at 255 apiece... which is the better call?

For that amount of money, I'd go with the sidestage seats (sec128), which are pretty much face value. Those rearstage seats (sec121) are marked up quite a bit (I think those are $95 face).

And if you're talking about the MONDAY show, there are even better seats available at this very moment (Sat 9:30p ET) on ticketmaster - Sec 129 row 8...

For that amount of money, I'd go with the sidestage seats (sec128), which are pretty much face value. Those rearstage seats (sec121) are marked up quite a bit (I think those are $95 face).

And if you're talking about the MONDAY show, there are even better seats available at this very moment (Sat 9:30p ET) on ticketmaster - Sec 129 row 8...

That was incredibly helpful. I was planning to go Sunday just as a class precaution but decided Monday night was no worse.

Sec 129 Row 13, 3 seats... sort of the best in the house, no?

Now to offload these 4 Chicago Tickets...

Thank you man!

Somebody's got to get an aerial shot of that thing completed. Think it looks big in Camp Nou? Check it out at Sam Boyd:

Sam_Boyd_Stadium-claw.jpg

I really dont see how they are going to fit that thing in Sam Boyd. Either they will somehow make it smaller or maybe they have a smaller crab for smaller stadiums, or its going in sideways.

I really dont see how they are going to fit that thing in Sam Boyd. Either they will somehow make it smaller or maybe they have a smaller crab for smaller stadiums, or its going in sideways.

Even according to their own diagrams it's a very very tight fit...

lg_lasvegas.jpg

Can they bring in Siegried and Roy and have them levitate the claw? Or maybe balance it on the backs of four majestic tigers?

Anyone else think the Claw is actually kinda ugly....in a "freakin' huge, take over the world with awesomeness" kinda way?

I think it's ugly but really cool at the same time :hyper:

I'd guess they might turn it sideways at Sam Boyd, as they are already doing that in a few other places like Milan and Oklahoma City. I know the "blueprint" pics don't show that but I think they could do it if it was too tight to put the Claw in at the end of the field.

Okay, only now am I actually picturing the "sideways" proposition. When Sicy first mentioned it, I pictured it on its side, so all four legs of the claw are sticking out into the field or something.

:lol:

I'll, uh, just be over here in the :headsmack: corner.

:reject:

If they did that though wouldn't that have affected the ticket prices for the "behind" the stage sections etc? How was it done in the other stadiums where they turned it?

Not sure about the behind the stage seat prices in the stadiums where the Claw is sideways. As for GA, it's just more spread out to the sides since there isn't as much room in front of the stage when the CLAW is sideways, but there is more room to the sides of the stage.

Well it would just seem that they would have had to show the claw turned on the diagrams from the very beginning since the prices for seats behind the stage were less than those on the sides.

If they did that though wouldn't that have affected the ticket prices for the "behind" the stage sections etc? How was it done in the other stadiums where they turned it?

Yeah, they won't turn it at last minute...

They plan all of this out months in advance, they know the perimeters to which they have to work with...

According to the diagram, it looks like they will need to remove the first 3-4 rows of seats to make it fit (is that possible?). I agree, they probably had the blueprints for the claw before deciding which stadiums they would play in (and what configuration they would have).

According to the diagram, it looks like they will need to remove the first 3-4 rows of seats to make it fit (is that possible?). I agree, they probably had the blueprints for the claw before deciding which stadiums they would play in (and what configuration they would have).

Yes, that's what I also think. If the tour is really 360 °, there shouldn't be any cheap seats. I have seats for Milan and just took a look at the stage setting again and it's indeed sideways, but all the seats cost the same. In Chorzow, the stage will always be sideways. I'm really curious about the differences in stage setting in the individual shows.

I'm getting the vibe that it will be going sideways for Vegas. Otherwise, that platform will come out of no where, considering how there are no rear seats. In every other stadium, the big catwalk would indeed come from the sportspersons field entrance thing, you get me?

I'm getting the vibe that it will be going sideways for Vegas. Otherwise, that platform will come out of no where, considering how there are no rear seats. In every other stadium, the big catwalk would indeed come from the sportspersons field entrance thing, you get me?

This diagram is not entirely accurate, because there actually will be seats behind the stage. For certain events, Sam Boyd stadium has sections of bleachers they put in the end-zone, and I remember there being discussions during the ticket sale that people were offered these seats.

I've just realised that there is some thin material being wrapped around one leg of the claw. I notice it isn't black, but nor white (because white would obviously blend too well with the fabric). My assumption is that they didn't go pitch black so that it would react with lights being projected upon it...

to make the claw a stunning red for the opening of streets?
:hyper::hyper::hyper:

I can defianatelly say this is by far their coolest set and it hasn't even been lit up and put in action...and boy, do a few lights make a difference or what!?

u2.jpg

popmart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom