The CLAW Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit confused as to how those bridges are gonna work. Surely they'll have to be people standing underneath it wont there?

Lol, i actually notice that the giant catwalk is on the back. I thought it was up front.:doh:
i like it more at the back. Thank god.

I'm a bit confused as to how those bridges are gonna work. Surely they'll have to be people standing underneath it wont there?

This was my only concern about the ellipse ramp but it looks like the ramps will extend out from more of the front of the stage. It didn't look like that on the schematics before. But it does make more sense. Maybe there will be four bridges. Two in the back and two towards the front. Basically extending out to the ellipse under each claw leg if that makes sense. :shrug:

I still think the screen expands based on what I have "heard" and what I have read. I guess we will know soon enough for sure.

The main oval stage does not rotate though, that is about as clear as day just looking at it. I suppose Larry's kit could rotate, but knowning how Larry is I don't think he would like it!!! :lol: ;) "I'm not having my arse facing the front dammit and I'm not getting vertigo by spinning. You spin dammit!!" ;)

The main oval stage does not rotate though, that is about as clear as day just looking at it. I suppose Larry's kit could rotate, but knowning how Larry is I don't think he would like it!!! :lol: ;) "I'm not having my arse facing the front dammit and I'm not getting vertigo by spinning. You spin dammit!!" ;)

you forgot..."and FOAD!"

:D

It looks like they will separate the Red zone areas from the regular GA ticket holders. They are not going to allow the common folk to stray under the bridge :lol:

Standing under the bridge would be cool, of course not the whole time, but when the band are walking on it. Someone said earlier, you can see through them. To be honest, I have difficulties even finding the bridges in the video. And the ramp is "backstage" for the band to go on stage and to hide stuff underneath. How on earth will they do it when the stage is in the center of the stadium. Will the ramp be extra-long? Great for the people standing/sitting in this area.

Anybody know......

09061301.jpg
[/quote]
What the circular stagelike area behind the divider between it and the claw
in this pix is ?

If you mean the other side of the divider from the claw it's a promotional event for Nike, nothing to do with the U2 show. Now dismantled and replaced with U2 speakers and audio/visual/mixing desk stuff.

All covered earlier in the thread several times.

If you mean the circular bit on the same side of the divider as the claw hen it's the circular runway around the stage.

I'm sure this has been discussed a lot, but I haven't been around for it...

What's the consensus on seats "behind" the claw? Will they be totally worthless or the best in the house?

Totally worthless? How would that be possible?

Sorry, hyperbole. I'm asking because tickets behind and behind/angled away from the stage are by far the cheapest lower arena. As someone who's trying hard to get rid of some decent Chicago seats for hopefully better Boston seats, I'm hoping this is just an uninformed mistake... because from what I understand of the stage and the whole "in the round" concept, I don't see why right behind the stage wouldn't be some of the very best lower arena seats.

If I can feel confident about buying some lower arena behind the stage seats, I could end up saving a lot of money and being in some good seats.

Thanks for any help you can give.

I had behind the stage seats at one of my Vertigo seats and they were great. This tour is much more thought out as far as those seats are concerned so I'm willing to bet they are even better this time around. Yeah they still may not face you the majority of the time time but as far as sound and visuals, you'll have one of the best seats in the house.

^Even bigger that that! Really?
HOLY SHIT, those pics from the Helicopter are sick

It looks like they will separate the Red zone areas from the regular GA ticket holders. They are not going to allow the common folk to stray under the bridge :lol:

KEEP THE HOI POLLOI OUT OF MY RED ZONE!!! They might get commoner germs on me.

No seriously, I can't wait for the RZ in VEGAS!!! I think the CLAW is going to be mounted to the outside walls of tiny Sam Boyd Stadium. That's why the screen and speakers can move up and down. :wink:

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom