The CLAW - Part. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm I the only one who is *afraid* if this?

:reject:

The only thing to fear is fear itself.

What better way to go out, than at a U2 show.

I do think it would be funny however if we got a viral thing going and got a bunch of people in GA to start wearing custom branded hardhats. They really are not that expensive. These are only about $6.50USD each.

yhst-38637167768280_2052_3223457

4706b.gif

I was referring to the curved legs of the claw (the gray portions), not the assembly structure (as you are suggesting). Each of the 4 claw legs is a curved box truss, not simple steel supports as was suggested in most (if not all?) of the artist's renderings that were published prior to tickets going on sale:

u2-360-wwwszigetnewscom.jpg

i don't think anything is suggested in the artist's rendering other than a general idea of the shape of the stage... it's obvious that these drawings were never drawn to scale and weren't supposed to be exact replicas.

i don't think anything is suggested in the artist's rendering other than a general idea of the shape of the stage... it's obvious that these drawings were never drawn to scale and weren't supposed to be exact replicas.

Oh come on. U2 should have had the stage built at some vacant lot that could be webcast before the tickets went on sale. Doesn't every respectable act do that?

Remember the good-'ol days when all we would see or hear of the tour & stage was short clips on mtv or a couple photos in a magazine? How did we ever survive?

I am actually wondering if what we are seeing in Barcelona is claw#1, 2, or 3?

I mean I wonder if it is actually the same one we saw in the photos from Belgium. Did anyone actually witness them take that one down? Maybe that was number 2 or 3 and was being tested with the one in Barcelona the #1 claw, or vice versa.

None of this matters, but it gives me something to think about during the day...

Let's pray there won't be a thunder/lightning storm! MrPurrl and I were at Soldier Field for a Grateful Dead show in the early 90s where there was such a lightning storm; everyone had to leave their seats and go inside the concourse until it passed. And there wasn't even a giant claw on the field then, either!

Let's pray there won't be a thunder/lightning storm! MrPurrl and I were at Soldier Field for a Grateful Dead show in the early 90s where there was such a lightning storm; everyone had to leave their seats and go inside the concourse until it passed. And there wasn't even a giant claw on the field then, either!

I think they are relying on lightning strikes to help power the Claw.

1.21 gigawatts if I'm not mistaken. :wink:

flux-capacitor.jpg

Mark

I was at Memorial Stadium in Norman last year for the opening game of the season, and right after halftime there was such a storm that the game was delayed for over an hour. By the time the thunderstorm quit most of the people just left, even the team wasn't really into it after that they just tried to run out the clock.

That things a monster! I think this tours whole theme is based purely around some serious penetration...:up: lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom