The CLAW - Part. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a nutshell,

-The screen moves, like a honeycomb, as others have stated. I'm not sure why this is being debated. It was basically indicated from the get go. Obviously it moves for different type of artistic effects with the images. Its not rocket scientry here folks. ;) Or maybe it is... :hmm:
-The stage does NOT rotate. I'm not sure how people can think that still looking at the OVAL stage with steps going up it and down inside it.
-The large ramp at the back IS part of the stage it wont be removed for shows.
-Yes, there are lights in the ellipse ramp and in the stage, similiar to the Vertigo lights.
-U2 still have it live, this tour will be as good as any other they have done.

The stage is essentially the Vertigo arena stage on steroids with a new (and better, I was never a fan of the light curtains) screen is about how I would sum it up. Looks cool and will be cool. End of story. :wave:

Why?

What is the point of "stretching out" the screen if it is going to result in an image with poor resolution?

The primary purpose LEDs is emit light. The screen can be used for more than just displaying images. The traditional use of the "screen" has now become obsolete. In other words the "screen" is also a large light panel.
That is the point.

yeah, i never caught onto the rotating stage hype... until someone who visited Camp Nou last week said a security person there told them the center part of the stage would rotate. Now, I'm not sure i believe that because the close-ups of the stage look fixed to me.

But if anything does rotate, I agree it would only be the drum riser. There's no reason whatsoever to have anything else rotate - edge, bono & adam all have legs (and know how to use them)

100% agree on the whole thing. Edge, Bono and Adam can turn around all they want. All the indoor arena shows, people only saw Larry's face behind the stage when he would turn around and wave once in a while. Usally it's just after the show had ended

SMB

When I went to a Bruce Springsteen concert in my country (in the Gelredome), they played with the roof closed. Because of that, there was a lot of noise and the sound was very bad. When I used my (very cheap) ear plugs, suddenly all the noise was gone and the sound was incredible! I could here every single note, which was impossible without ear plugs. It was very hard to notice which song they were playing without ear plugs.

I recommend them!

Are you sure they were earplugs and not your iPod? :wink:

He said he could hear the music well, that completely rules out an ipod :wink:

Hey, get yourself some Sennheiser in-ear earphones, got a pair last week and I'm loving them - its like the rhythm section is right inside your head. I can't believe I put up with the crappy Ipod earphones for so long.

Hey, get yourself some Sennheiser in-ear earphones, got a pair last week and I'm loving them - its like the rhythm section is right inside your head. I can't believe I put up with the crappy Ipod earphones for so long.

I have two Sennheiser headphones, I'd never be caught dead with Ipod earphones or an Ipod :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom