The CLAW - Part. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few other similar photos here, plus some extra info, can anyone translate please.
Update - Fotos escenario Barcelona 2009 + Info II

already done before :
1. It´s still bigger & huger than it looks in pictures
2. Problems to get all the stuff into the stadium, they even had to tear down some walls
3 All the central part is still missing & will be rotating
4. they probably dismantle it next week and build it up again, at least once
5. Many of this will not be at the end, just the grey parts of the legs/claws
6. Next week visits are over -now they enter through barças museum-
7. rehearsals expected form 20th
8 On express behalf of Principle Management y U2 acces to rehearsals will be forbidden

Update - Fotos escenario Barcelona 2009 + Info II

It's a little bit the same, they went together, so they explain more or less the same

1. The whole thing is huge, almost scary
2. It will be built up, dismantled and built up again at least once
3. All the central part (ie the stage) spins, it is confirmed
4. Strong security mesures, they want a big surprise effect. Rehearsals strictly private

That's all folks

Strong security measures for rehearsals? What, will they have the military barricading off everything within a kilometer? If not, it's a stadium... I don't imagine it will be entirely difficult to stand outside and hear what they're playing. But the choice of such a tall stadium does make sense - at least no one will be able to see the claw.

Strong security measures for rehearsals? What, will they have the military barricading off everything within a kilometer? If not, it's a stadium... I don't imagine it will be entirely difficult to stand outside and hear what they're playing. But the choice of such a tall stadium does make sense - at least no one will be able to see the claw.

Getting really excited! But frankly getting slowly to the point that I dont wanna know more anymore... 23 days or so to go? Slowly kissing this board for some time good bye... :wave:

What do you think, will all tree versions be the same size, or might there be a somewhat smaller version for the smaller stadiums?

Ok, massive lurker here, but thought my first post had to be in here:

OMFG!!!!!! I love the Claw :love: And I honestly believe there won't be obstructed views, after all, the stage will be ROUND and the legs of the claw will only cover one small section of the sightline. The fact that most available pictures are taken at the viewpoint of one of the legs just proves this! You're still able to see the floor of the stadium ergo you'll still be able to see the stage and band.

:cute: New desktop background is that latest pic. Stand next to it and you'd only come up to the top of the black piece, it's GIANT!

What do you think, will all tree versions be the same size, or might there be a somewhat smaller version for the smaller stadiums?

I think it would have been the other way around, that they engineered it to fit a certain minimum sized stadium.

WOW
All I can say is ... Magnificent!!

More pics at u2barcelona.com

And follow this thread at u2eastlink.com

Fotos del sábado 06-06-09

addon.php

I can't wait to see that catwalk. Perhaps tomorrow? That thing is massive. Looks like everyone is gonna get a good view. Speakers must be going where the white sheets have bare spots. Gonna be massive.

SMB

Now I have seen the claw almost complete it will be interesting to see where the best place to stand will be,do you go for a close to the stage as possible and then be unable to see the claw in all it's hugeness but be close to the band or stand further back and get the whole monstrous thing.:huh:

Now I have seen the claw almost complete it will be interesting to see where the best place to stand will be,do you go for a close to the stage as possible and then be unable to see the claw in all it's hugeness but be close to the band or stand further back and get the whole monstrous thing.:huh:

haha, yeah I was thinking about that too...I'm actually pretty happy that I didn't get GA for both shows I'm going to...I could easily see a good seat still being an amazing experience...we'll see :)

This thing will be huge :ohmy: How do they want to fit it into smaller stadiums? Impressive. Also, I read somewhere in this thread that the stage will be spinning. Now that will be interesting to see.

I like how the actual stage looks more and more like the original concept now.

I heard it will take them a week to built it up and down again and there will be 3 stages.

Any news yet about when the band will begin rehearsals there?

....waiting for the barriers, enclosed sections, etc, to determine which strategy to use in order to get front of stage....:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom