That David Byrne, always starting controversy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with some of what he says. U2 have been playing it really safe with their tours for years now. I'm seeing them next week in London, and I'm sure it will be a great gig, but I'm just bored of all the gimmicks. Yeh, it will be a great spectacle with all the technology, but I'd rather they spent more time working on their playing.

With the exception of Unforgettable Fire which sounds amazing, the songs are just sounding exactly the same as the last tour, and the one before that. I wish they'd spent some time re-working some of the songs to make going to see the show more interesting.

As much as I love Pride, Where the Street Have no Name, Bad etc...the arrangements are just the same as the last couple of tours. It's a bit U2 by numbers...

While I would agree 100% that U2's current tours (and actually all tours since the '80s) are excessive, I have a more important suggestion for David Byrne: write some songs as good as 'Beautiful Day', 'Vertigo', 'City of Blinding Lights', and 'Magnificent, and then you won't have to trade off your 70s/80s stuff, and then you won't get bumped off talk shows.

i had never been to pitchfork, but had read in various places they weren't big u2 fans.

for kicks, i clicked the u2-tag:

Video: U2: "I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight"
Remember: This band used to make videos that did not suck. Sad.

Justice to Remix U2
If anyone can make "Get on Your Boots" listenable, it's Justice.

U2 Divulge World Tour Plans
They know how to pull off a spectacle in front of tens of thousands of semi-to-completely wasted fans slurring through "With or Without You" like no other.

safe to say PF aren't big fans

-dan

safe to say they're the saddest sack of pretentious losers to ever exist

Back
Top Bottom