Stadiums, hotels put on alert amid terror prove

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe they might actually look in bags in new york then, rather than accepting my answer of "i have nothing that's banned" as i walk in.

I could have carried a nuclear bomb into Soldier Field in my bag. They didn't even glance at it... they just took my water bottle so I had to pay $4.50 for another once I got through the gates.

I could have carried a nuclear bomb into Soldier Field in my bag. They didn't even glance at it... they just took my water bottle so I had to pay $4.50 for another once I got through the gates.

Opening Night we were inner circle during the break between SP & U2 I looked down & all by itself was a black knapsack or whatever they call those things teenagers HAVE to HAVE to lug their books in:ohmy:

Opening Night we were inner circle during the break between SP & U2 I looked down & all by itself was a black knapsack or whatever they call those things teenagers HAVE to HAVE to lug their books in:ohmy:

I call mine a BAG :wink:

maybe they might actually look in bags in new york then, rather than accepting my answer of "i have nothing that's banned" as i walk in.

in Chicago they didn't even check my pockets. When I go to NHL games they always make me lift my jersey up and have me pat down my pockets. I was a bit surprised that they didn't do anything like that. And people that I saw who had bags, they just kinda glanced in them.

exactly. i didn't even bother bringing a drink though, but still managed to get pillaged the $4.50 in the stadium!

in Chicago they didn't even check my pockets. When I go to NHL games they always make me lift my jersey up and have me pat down my pockets. I was a bit surprised that they didn't do anything like that. And people that I saw who had bags, they just kinda glanced in them.

exactly. i had a harder time getting into the museum under the gateway arch than soldier field!

but don't even get me started on how inept the airport security is!

a few years ago there was a young student at OU who was trying to get into a football game but the guys at the gate turned him away. He had a backpack of some kind, and they wouldnt let him bring it in. So he went over to a park bench near the stadium and detonated the bomb inside of his bag and blew himself (and the bench) up. i would hope that no bags of any kind are allowed in a stadium for any reason.

I would admit that I think the bag check at the U2 shows could be a bit more stringent...but with the crush of people at the start of the GA line, I can see how they are trying to keep the line running efficiently. Backpacks should be searched, for sure. :up:

I would admit that I think the bag check at the U2 shows could be a bit more stringent...but with the crush of people at the start of the GA line, I can see how they are trying to keep the line running efficiently. Backpacks should be searched, for sure. :up:

that doesn't really cover people strolling into seats at 7:30 though!

The DC and VA stadiums have been frisking and checking bags for years - I'm surprised this has been lax elsewhere.

And people that I saw who had bags, they just kinda glanced in them.

A quick glance is usually enough to rule out certain items.

that doesn't really cover people strolling into seats at 7:30 though!

For sure. I went thru the GA line after 7 on night 2 Toronto and it seemed as though they were being a bit more diligent once it was down to a steady trickle. Maybe they assume the hardcores who lined up for 24 hours or more wouldn't be stupid. I'd just as soon they assume the worst of everyone. It's kindof like clubs here. If I go to a club and I don't get a decent search, it makes me wonder what they did with everyone else, and if the place is really all that safe.

I don't want to pander to or encourage alarmist sentiment though. But being careful is a good thing.

Look, if someone wants to blow up a stadium full of people, they'll probably get away with it. There's not really anything you can do about it.

But rest assured that chance is very, very, very astronomically small.

You're much more likely to die in an accident on the way to the show, so drive safely instead and forget about terrorists. :up:

Look, if someone wants to blow up a stadium full of people, they'll probably get away with it. There's not really anything you can do about it.

But rest assured that chance is very, very, very astronomically small.

You're much more likely to die in an accident on the way to the show, so drive safely instead and forget about terrorists. :up:

that's the long and short of it really.

The Meadowlands, which specifically prohibits all sorts of large bags and backpacks, sent out an e-mail today suggesting that attendees arrive early for reasons of security. Also, they moved the opening of gates up to 5:30 from 6:00 at some point in the past week, so I would imagine that it's all connected.

Terrorism (I don't like how that word is used) scare or no terrorism scare, it's absolutely moronic for stadiums to be as lax with non-direct-profit-related security as they have been.

I will be @ both Giant Stadium shows. The girl i am meeting has volunteered to throw herself on Bono attack or no attack.
More seriously to speed things up .Dont try to get back packs and bags into the stadium.
outside of a camera and $$ what else do you really need @ a rock show. There maybe some with medical issues ,thats different.
Everyone have a great time. we have been waiting for these shows along time. Dont let the terrorist win,enjoy yourselves. God Bless America, Rock On U2!

so if i'm at a show, and i attack someone who i suspect is a terrorist, but ends up being an innocent U2 fan, can i get off with no charges because i was being vigilant?

exactly. i didn't even bother bringing a drink though, but still managed to get pillaged the $4.50 in the stadium!

exactly. i had a harder time getting into the museum under the gateway arch than soldier field!
yeah, sorry about that. i can usually make it through a concert without overpriced water but it just wasn't happening then.

and i know! i was expecting the metal detector at sf, not the arch!

I went to a Christian rock concert, several years ago. At the First Mariner Arena in Baltimore, Md. Security didn't even look in my purse. I had nothing dangerous of course. Just bottled water and my medication. But, the point is. I think they should have at least looked inside of all bags.

Security at the arena has improved a little. I went to the circus, back in March. They just asked the women to open their purses to make sure you weren't smuggling in a can of soda, candy, bottled water, etc. Again, I had bottled water and a snack. I have diabetes. When, I opened mine. The security guard didn't even look in it.

Back
Top Bottom