SPOILERS - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part TRES - SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep all but one of the album tracks myself, but I believe I got the Boomerang II --> Wire segue off you. This is my alternate UF that I use at present:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. The Three Sunrises
3. Boomerang II
4. Wire
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Promenade
7. Bass Trap
8. Bad
9. Indian Summer Sky
10. Love Comes Tumbling
11. Elvis Presley And America
12. MLK
13. Pride

I rather enjoy it. Pride's actually a good closer. It's either that or Bad for me, and all my options for Bad seemed to result in a second half that was too consistently slow and had a bit of a meandering, directionless feel.

I love it.

The ONLY thing I would change is swapping ISS and TUF.

TUF sounds epic following bad, and ISS neds some front-end recognition :rockon:

I keep all but one of the album tracks myself, but I believe I got the Boomerang II --> Wire segue off you. This is my alternate UF that I use at present:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. The Three Sunrises
3. Boomerang II
4. Wire
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Promenade
7. Bass Trap
8. Bad
9. Indian Summer Sky
10. Love Comes Tumbling
11. Elvis Presley And America
12. MLK
13. Pride

I rather enjoy it. Pride's actually a good closer. It's either that or Bad for me, and all my options for Bad seemed to result in a second half that was too consistently slow and had a bit of a meandering, directionless feel.

what a fantastic record UF is.....It will never ever leave my playlist.
No coincendence that it was the first record I bought by the way
I remember "playing"guitar on my fathers tennisracket during pride.
Those were the days :sad:
:rockon:

>> Let me get this straight... See it live first. jesus.

Sure thing, I guess watching every VHS and DVD concert theyve released over the last two decades + Rattle and Hum + U23D didnt count (yes yes, I know, the music magically sounds completely different in person than it does thru a stereo) so Ill just learn my proper place now and refrain from daring to speak about the matter further. "jesus" indeed. Again, this is the kind of clueless and arrogant response that makes me seriously doubt Ill be participating in any further discussions here. :wave:

No, they don't count at all. If you enjoy your tapes so much perhaps you should stay home and keep bleating ignorance. There is no comparison whatsoever between the recorded shows and the actual event, so kindly fuck off on this matter. Thanks.

No, they don't count at all. If you enjoy your tapes so much perhaps you should stay home and keep bleating ignorance. There is no comparison whatsoever between the recorded shows and the actual event, so kindly fuck off on this matter. Thanks.

Feel the love of common band interest

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT!!!!

Are you fucking KIDDING ME?
MLK?!?!?!
Ultraviolet??!
In a little while?!?!
THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE.

and did I read somehwere Larry playing Electrical Storm on glockenspiel?!?!
I have just lost it.
If these songs are in when they get to the states, i'm screwing up my tour and going to EVERY BLOODY CONCERT.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

1. Pop Music (Bono vocal) (i have mixed them together to form a good segue into...)
2. MoFo
3. Gone (Hedges mix)
4. Please (Single Version)
5. Staring at the Sun
6. Do you Feel Loved?
7. Miami
8. The Playboy Mansion
9. Discotheque
10. If God Will Send His Angels (single version)
11. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
12. Last Night On Earth (single version)
13. Wake Up Dead Man

Notes:
I chose the Popmart intro as it is the perfect way to introduce the songs (I am aware that track 1 is a cover)
I moved away from single 1 being song 1
MoFo has to follow Popmusic
Gone is the new mix as it is vastly superior, and flows on nicely from mofo
Please is the single version as it offers a greater variety on the disc (strings, but song fits perfectly in this spot)
SATS original mix as it is the best. Brings the album back after the darkness of Please
DYFL? slots in well at the end of SATS
Miami is a good mid-album interlude type song
TPM follows Miami well
Discotheque (album version) fading in after TPM sounds phenominal
IGWSHA sounds great after Discotheque
Velvet Dress flows on nicely after IGWSHA
LNOE fills the 'breathe' spot, heavier rocker to be the penultimate track
WUDM perfect closer.

Sounds VERY similar 2 my version that I listen 2... I'll have 2 post it 2nite...

the last 8 or so pages were a chore to read..."my custom CD setlist is better than your custom CD setlist", "your transition from song X to song Y is teh suck!".....gah!

regarding kite/06...for me, part of what made the song was the didgeridoo. that's why it worked in australia/nz and is probably the reason they didn't play it on the last 4 shows on the tour. i'd still like for them to play it regardless of the arrangement.

-dan

Have we gone from setlist discussion to discussing the order of songs on the album or what? :scratch:

They just have to bring Kite back in the Vertigo 2006 version :love:

the last 8 or so pages were a chore to read..."my custom CD setlist is better than your custom CD setlist", "your transition from song X to song Y is teh suck!".....gah!

regarding kite/06...for me, part of what made the song was the didgeridoo. that's why it worked in australia/nz and is probably the reason they didn't play it on the last 4 shows on the tour. i'd still like for them to play it regardless of the arrangement.

-dan

I agree, the didgeridoo was awsome, I so love that version.

But I think it would work with a different arrangement as well. Kite is such a strong song.

1) This site is pretty confrontational sometimes :lol:

2) The new video is cool! Wow with the stormy looking sky and the spire lit up, it really sets an epic mood. Breath would be an awesome opener too, but I think that it will be an encore. I'm still banking on Magnificent being most likely to start the show. Although I'm completely shocked that it seems they haven't even tried an intro into GOYB. I was almost positive that it was going to be the song they started concerts with by doing the little national anthem bit. I wonder if they didn't like the responses they got from their performances.

I would hate it if Breathe opened. It just doesn't build have the energy that an opener should have - No Line On The Horizon or Magnificent are perfect in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom