SPOILERS - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part TRES - SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread damaged the tubes that supply my internet

i'd take kite over sycmioyo & igwsha

-dan

Nirniva, it was implied that East_Link was waiting for confirmation from his sources that IGWSHA was being performed, and they confirmed it.

SPANISH SETLIST VOCABULARY PART I

Enlazada --> linked, segued into
Pendiente ---> pending confirmation
Incompleta -> incomplete
Bis -> encore

:D

Thanks for filling me in, Redbook and Digitize! :hi5:

New update with snippets:

If God will send his angels / Drowning man / Sometimes you can´t make it on your own / (fragmento de) Sometimes you can´t make it on your own enlazada con Bad (incompleta) / Walk on / Walk on (instrumental) / discurso Desmond Tutu / Ultraviolet / Where the streets have no name (comienzo hasta redobles de Larry) / unos acordes de bajo que sonaban a Seconds (¿afinando el bajo?) / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) / ... intro / Breathe / No line on the horizon / Get on your boots / Magnificent / Beautiful day / I still haven´t found what I´m looking for / In a little while + Rocket man / Unknown caller / The unforgettable fire + Strangers in the night / City of blinding ligths / Vertigo / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) / MLK / ...

TUF into COBL! With a snippet!
Excellent! I've been hoping for TUF > COBL.

EDIT: Do we know if the Crazy Tonight remix is pre-recorded or live?

Don't mean to be a central negative, but I've never heard a version of IGWSHA (recorded or live) that was very good. It's an unfinished song lyrically, musically, et. al.

Aside from Drowning Man and Seconds, these setlists are not provocative and are beginninng to lean more towards the Vertigo Tour, which is precisely what U2 needs to avoid. I recall seeing the Chicago shows and reading Greg Kot's review of the first show... too much of the same and it earned Bono's attention, as well. Kot was correct and U2 changed course and it saved the tour. Give the boot to HTDAAB songs and the Elevation standards... hell, give boots the boot. There could be a great show w/ the new material... IGWSHA is not the direction to go, in my opinion.

Holy shit, IGWSHA! Now there is a Pop song I never expected. Not a personal favourite of mine, but I'll take it!

Shame SYCMIOYO had to show up, but you win some, you lose some.

And I wouldn't take a bass soundcheck of Seconds to mean much ... Adam's done soundchecking on songs the band had no intention of playing before, most notably 4th Of July in April 2001!

Oh, I'm so glad they chose to rehearse IGWSHA! I love that song and always felt that they should bring it back and give it an other shot.

If they play IGWSHA, Ultraviolet (Light My Way) and The Unforgettable Fire nightly I will be very happy. I think that's definitely more on the way of revitalizing their shows and would make it more unique for this tour. They also blend in well with the new songs I think.

Here's hoping for Acrobat and Two Hearts Beat As One now. :D

At least they haven't been playing Stand Up Comedy. I absolutely loathe that song.

I like If God Would Send His Angels, but that doesn't strike me as a song that would get the crowd going. Maybe it will be apart of their acoustic set with Drowning Man.

Gone, Mofo or Discotheque on the other hand...

Rehearsal over. Final setlist:

If God will send his angels / Drowning man / Sometimes you can´t make it on your own / (fragmento de) Sometimes you can´t make it on your own enlazada con Bad (incompleta) / Walk on / Walk on (instrumental) / discurso Desmond Tutu / Ultraviolet / Where the streets have no name (comienzo hasta redobles de Larry) / unos acordes de bajo que sonaban a Seconds (¿afinando el bajo?) / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) /

intro / Breathe / No line on the horizon / Get on your boots / Magnificent / Beautiful day / I still haven´t found what I´m looking for / In a little while + Rocket man / Unknown caller / The unforgettable fire + Strangers in the night / City of blinding ligths / Vertigo / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) / MLK / Walk on / ... / Where the streets have no name / One / Ultraviolet / With or without you / Moment of surrender.

still a little anxious about this Electrical Storm thing. if U2 does not play ES even once on this tour, that U2.com video will be quite the bitch move of them.

Where the streets have no name / One / Ultraviolet / With or without you / Moment of surrender.

so that is the encore then ? that would be great.

i would love to see walk on end the main set. see streets open the encore, and MOS closing. I would be very happy with that.

I'd prefer Pride --> MLK/speech --> Walk On. Pride --> MLK/speech --> Streets just reeked far too much of the end of the Vertigo Tour's main set.

I am a bit worried about this Crazy Tonight remix thing. I hope it's nothing and they're going to stick with the proper song. It was excellent on the promo tour and I'd love to hear it live.

still a little anxious about this Electrical Storm thing. if U2 does not play ES even once on this tour, that U2.com video will be quite the bitch move of them.

I honestly expect nothing to come of that video.

But I will be fucking delighted if Electrical Storm does make an appearance.

Did somebody mention 'Seconds'?! and 'Somtimes YCMIOYO' moving into 'Bad' is giving me goosebumps !!!

I am a bit worried about this Crazy Tonight remix thing. I hope it's nothing and they're going to stick with the proper song. It was excellent on the promo tour and I'd love to hear it live.
Yeah, I've been curious about this, as well...Crazy Tonight is being released as a single, though, so I doubt they'd alter it too much.

Wow.. are they contemplating streets as an encore opener? When was the last time that happened?

uh oh

-dan

At least they haven't been playing Stand Up Comedy. I absolutely loathe that song.

I like If God Would Send His Angels, but that doesn't strike me as a song that would get the crowd going. Maybe it will be apart of their acoustic set with Drowning Man.

Gone, Mofo or Discotheque on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom