SPOILERS - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part TRES - SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New update:

If God will send his angels / Drowning man / Sometimes you can´t make it on your own / (fragmento de) Sometimes you can´t make it on your own enlazada con Bad (incompleta) / Walk on / Walk on (instrumental) / discurso Desmond Tutu / Ultraviolet / Where the streets have no name (comienzo hasta redobles de Larry) / unos acordes de bajo que sonaban a Seconds (¿afinando el bajo?) / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) / ... / Breathe / No line on the horizon / Get on your boots / Magnificent / Beautiful day / I still haven´t found what I´m looking for / In a little while / Unknown caller / The unforgettable fire / ...

TUF is back!:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Then COBL needs to be shelved also. They always carry over a couple of songs from the most recent tours. I would rather it be OOTS, but i won't mind Sometimes being played.

Sometimes >>>>>> Miss Sarajevo. Much rather them include Sometimes than keep playing the momentum killer Miss Sarajevo.

Not really. COBL wasn't for a 'special' ocasion, it has nothing to do with Sometimes and MS. It's a great live song and it was a hit, ofcourse they put it on the next tour. Same with Beautiful Day, or Elevation per se. You may not agree with it, but they were hits and will be played for a while.

Sometimes wasn't quite a hit. It was a personal song for Bono's father. Worked great on the Vertigo Tour, but now it's going to lose its touch.

OH and IMO, MS > Sometimes.

Wow. That discotheque from Las Vegas is atrocious. I forgot how god-awful bad they were at the start of popmart. whenever i listened to that bootleg, i would never make it all the way through. that show really is an embarrassment.

I am really liking the variety of songs they are pulling.

I really really hope they do not play I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking for or Sunday Bloody Sunday. Those songs had their time and were played so much... Same with Where the Streets Have No Name.

If they are pulling old songs for some of the old fans, I hope they utilize reverse psychology on themselves and figure that if there are so many old fans, they have been to many shows and tours and have seen these songs played over and over and over and...

I am very excited by the inclusion of Ultraviolet, The Unforgettable Fire, and Even Better Than The Real Thing.

I hope they pull out A Sort of Homecoming and One Tree Hill. Man - they have a lot to choose from. Seconds would be great, and as great a song as Drowning Man is, I am not sure how it will translate. Seems like too slow a song.

Would love to see more Joshua Tree B-side stuff and Achtung-era.

If If God Will Send His Angels is played, I think it will be a beautiful moment, albeit a bit slow.

Can't they just pull a Bruce and axe the opening bands and play for three hours???

:drool:

Sometimes >>>>>> Miss Sarajevo. Much rather them include Sometimes than keep playing the momentum killer Miss Sarajevo.

I feel the exact opposite way about them. Sometimes is awfully boring, while Miss Sarajevo is beautiful.

Not really. COBL wasn't for a 'special' ocasion, it has nothing to do with Sometimes and MS. It's a great live song and it was a hit, ofcourse they put it on the next tour. Same with Beautiful Day, or Elevation per se. You may not agree with it, but they were hits and will be played for a while.

Sometimes wasn't quite a hit. It was a personal song for Bono's father. Worked great on the Vertigo Tour, but now it's going to lose its touch.

OH and IMO, MS > Sometimes.

you totally missed the point of the MS comparison. the comment was Sometimes was written about Bono's dad's death- so now its no longer relevant. If thats the case, the MS is no longer relevant, as is COBL (written about NYC after 911), and is many, many u2 songs. I think that is ridiculous rationale.
Just because it was a showcase for Bono's dad doesn't mean it can't be played anymore. Just like U2 made Bullet a showcase about gun control on elevation, doesn't mean it can't be played again in some other context.

Oh, and Sometimes was a bigger hit than COBL was (and elevation for that matter), and it won the grammy for record of the year- it certainly doesn't have to be a special occasion for it to be played. So if that is your argument on why one should be played and the other not- you have it backwards.

I feel the exact opposite way about them. Sometimes is awfully boring, while Miss Sarajevo is beautiful.
Miss Sarajevo was the highlight of the last tour for me, but to be honest, most of the other people in the crowd just didn't seem to appreciate it. Can't blame U2 for dropping it.

Sadly, that probably kills any chance of Your Blue Room ever showing up too.

well you could hear the air go out of the place when the started miss sarajevo. so many people would start talking so loudly it was hard to hear the song. the shows i was at, MS was by far the low point as far as crowd interest.

bono would get a rise out of the crowd with the opera part, but other than that it was crickets.

Kite is so much better than SYCMIOYO. More subtle, more haunting, better lyrically and musically.

Crossing my fingers for GONE.

New update with snippets:

If God will send his angels / Drowning man / Sometimes you can´t make it on your own / (fragmento de) Sometimes you can´t make it on your own enlazada con Bad (incompleta) / Walk on / Walk on (instrumental) / discurso Desmond Tutu / Ultraviolet / Where the streets have no name (comienzo hasta redobles de Larry) / unos acordes de bajo que sonaban a Seconds (¿afinando el bajo?) / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) / ... intro / Breathe / No line on the horizon / Get on your boots / Magnificent / Beautiful day / I still haven´t found what I´m looking for / In a little while + Rocket man / Unknown caller / The unforgettable fire + Strangers in the night / City of blinding ligths / Vertigo / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) / MLK / ...

TUF into COBL! With a snippet!

N Unknown caller / The unforgettable fire + Strangers in the night / City of blinding ligths / Vertigo / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) / MLK / ...

I like this a lot better. Please keep vertigo and crazy out of the encore. so what is the encore now?

OMG :hyper: if they do a snippet of strangers in the night into COBL i think that would sound really cool, there is a version of WOWY from the last tour with the same snippet in and to me it sounded very haunting and i have no idea why.

Kite is so much better than SYCMIOYO. More subtle, more haunting, better lyrically and musically.

Crossing my fingers for GONE.

i agree Kite should be played. Its one of my top 15 u2 songs. I would much rather Kite be played than sometimes, but i can also think of a whole lot of songs I prefer sometimes to in the their catalog.

missing a few songs.... WOWY, MOS.... I'm surprised they have to rehearse Pride so many times after 2'000 live performances since 84.... is it hard to play or what?

missing a few songs.... WOWY, MOS.... I'm surprised they have to rehearse Pride so many times after 2'000 live performances since 84.... is it hard to play or what?

I would imagine its more to do with rehearsing lighting and video.

I am really liking the variety of songs they are pulling.

I really really hope they do not play I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking for or Sunday Bloody Sunday. Those songs had their time and were played so much... Same with Where the Streets Have No Name.

If they are pulling old songs for some of the old fans, I hope they utilize reverse psychology on themselves and figure that if there are so many old fans, they have been to many shows and tours and have seen these songs played over and over and over and...

I am very excited by the inclusion of Ultraviolet, The Unforgettable Fire, and Even Better Than The Real Thing.

I hope they pull out A Sort of Homecoming and One Tree Hill. Man - they have a lot to choose from. Seconds would be great, and as great a song as Drowning Man is, I am not sure how it will translate. Seems like too slow a song.

Would love to see more Joshua Tree B-side stuff and Achtung-era.

If If God Will Send His Angels is played, I think it will be a beautiful moment, albeit a bit slow.

Can't they just pull a Bruce and axe the opening bands and play for three hours???

:drool:

Mainly the last sentence :combust:

intro / Breathe / No line on the horizon / Get on your boots / Magnificent / Beautiful day / I still haven´t found what I´m looking for / In a little while + Rocket man / Unknown caller / The unforgettable fire + Strangers in the night / City of blinding ligths / Vertigo / I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix) / Pride (in the name of love) / MLK / ...

Ahem, what has happened with "Drowning Man"?:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom