SPOILERS - Rehearsals at Camp Nou, Part IV - SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I LOVE this setlist, seriously. I love how they start and end with new stuff. Stuck accoustic :heart: Great set, I hope it will be the definite one for opening night :up:

What are the chances of U2 playing one or two Michael Jackson songs in full?

Let's hope precisely zero. I'm fine with snippetry; I enjoy that. But U2 should stay away from covers in general, and I am not at all a fan of Michael Jackson's music.

And the rehearsals keep going.

Today's set (25/06) - complete:

- Intro
1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Drowning Man
8. Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)
9. In A Little While
10. Unknown Caller
11. The Unforgettable Fire
12. City Of Blinding Lights
13. Vertigo
14. Mysterious Ways
15. Crazy Tonight (remix)
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)
17. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
18. MLK
19. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
"Encore" break
- Desmond Tutu speech
20. Where The Streets Have No Name
21. One

22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23. With Or Without You
24. Moment Of Surrender

I did an ipod playlist with it...see how it works.

Worried about the Desmond Tutu Speech. The Vertigo tour had an overdose of this sort of thing. I think it is weird to have a set place in the setlist where Bono says more or less the same thing each night. They should try to incorporate this sort of thing into a song like they did during Pride on the Zoo TV tour. Yes that was the same everynight but embedding it into a song means it doesn't become a momentum killer / 'roll your eyes... Bono is talking about Africa again' moment.

Perhaps try to turn Crumbs into the song it is meant to be.

EDIT: I was going to say something about Bono's speeches, but it's not worth starting that firestorm again.

EDIT: I was going to say something about Bono's speeches, but it's not worth starting that firestorm again.

Agreed. I've spoken my mind and I really don't feel like re-hashing the same tired arguments with the same people.

I'd just like to say that, even if Stuck is one of the songs and MLK barely counts as an independent track, I'm digging that they did 24 songs today - and a nineteen song main set.

I don't think they will do a MJ snippet.

They won't be able to resist it. Not necessarily something that will last the whole tour though.

Has anyone heard Chris Cornell's version of Billie Jean? It is freakin' awesome. He does it in a slow and haunting way. Shows how well adaptable some of MJ's quality songs are.

I'd guess they will snippet something of MJ's at the end of Bad. Or perhaps make it really overt and turn MLK into a full on tribute. But I think subtle would be better.

Nothing from Pop on these rehearsal setlists? Some nice obscure stuff in there but gee I'm fuc#ing sick of hearing Pride live. What about giving that a rest.

Nothing from Pop on these rehearsal setlists? Some nice obscure stuff in there but gee I'm fuc#ing sick of hearing Pride live. What about giving that a rest.

IGWSHA was done a couple of days ago.

Worried about the Desmond Tutu Speech. The Vertigo tour had an overdose of this sort of thing. I think it is weird to have a set place in the setlist where Bono says more or less the same thing each night. They should try to incorporate this sort of thing into a song like they did during Pride on the Zoo TV tour. Yes that was the same everynight but embedding it into a song means it doesn't become a momentum killer / 'roll your eyes... Bono is talking about Africa again' moment.

I don't know if this has been already talked about, if so then just ignore me for these setlist threads are very difficult to follow. But what if this isn't a speech by Bono, but video footage of TuTu kind of like the human rights video?

considering it's the come back from an encore, i'm gonna assume that the Desmond TuTu speech will be akin to the Charleton Heston speech from Elevation, only, ya know, with a positive message and all. bono wouldn't just come back from an encore and talk and then go into Streets. that's not their style.

as long as they bring back the red for Streets i'm cool.

That is what I was thinking too. They always have some kind of video thing. The Human Rights video on Vertigo and the gun violence video on Elevation

IGWSHA was done a couple of days ago.

Oh well something I suppose. They really don't like Pop though do they. Its kinda like their bastard child or something. Would have been cool to hear DYFL or Last Night On Earth maybe.

Oh well something I suppose. They really don't like Pop though do they. Its kinda like their bastard child or something. Would have been cool to hear DYFL or Last Night On Earth maybe.

Hopefully, at a minimum, some of the Pop songs that can be played in a very stripped back arrangement will get a look in at some point. SATS and WUDM should be easy for them to play with mininal rehearsal required. The slow, creepy version of WUDM that they did at Slane Castle is awesome.

Hm... WUDM = MJ tribute perhaps?

If they would switch Stuck with IGWSHA, MW with Electrical Storm, and SBS for Bad it would be one hell of a setlist.

Its not bad as it is. I just don't get the vertigo-mw-crazy-SBS section. that seems to make no sense. i hoping this section was just getting tried out, and is revised in the next rehearsal.

OMG I can picture the Streets encore in my head. Or at least how I would imagine it could be. The claw lights and spire illuminating the sky a glowing red, with the curtain dropped around the stage projecting the Tutu speech. Then after it ends, the organ kicks in and Edge comes in soon after and the song slowly builds as the curtain rises, etc. :drool: I hope it's as epic as it seems in my mind haha!

I anticipate some of the less "setpiece" songs will be rotated in and out with similar tracks - and I have no problem with that.

Just play Bad + EBTTRT

Still, when I sleep tonight I will dream of

Dirty Day > Breathe > Gone

I think Walk On is the MJ snippet song - It ends the main set, and the outro would be an ideal spot to throw something in. Maybe in One at the end

If they would switch Stuck with IGWSHA, MW with Electrical Storm, and SBS for Bad it would be one hell of a setlist.

Its not bad as it is. I just don't get the vertigo-mw-crazy-SBS section. that seems to make no sense. i hoping this section was just getting tried out, and is revised in the next rehearsal.

completely agree...great call

The thing that excites me about your post is that it isn't out of the realm of possibility. They have rehearsed all of these songs.

I don't care what anyone says about ES not being fully rehearsed, the facts are simple:
- while the work on updating sets is appreciated from those at eastlink, we actually have footage of them practising ES
- if they aren't rehearsing it/planning on playing it, why on earth is there a glock even in the building? they don't need it for any other song...

I don't care what anyone says about ES not being fully rehearsed, the facts are simple:
- while the work on updating sets is appreciated from those at eastlink, we actually have footage of them practising ES
- if they aren't rehearsing it/planning on playing it, why on earth is there a glock even in the building? they don't need it for any other song...

Honestly, I just don't want to get my hopes up, especially not after what happened last tour, and how much U2.com sucks.

Fuuuck I'd love to hear Electrical Storm!

i tried to think of this too-I will follow is the only other song that comes to mind but they have never used it for this song ever and i will follow hasn't been rehearsed. You know about drowning man...I could see edge bono and ADAM playing this song. He has after all said its his favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom