SPOILER - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part II - SPOILER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Barcelona site (U2 Barcelona - Links) has the following rehearsal set list for today:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
I still have't found what I'm looking for
Drowning Man
Bad
In a little while
Angel of Harlem
Bono's speech
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
Even better than the real thing (Perfecto mix with full band playing)
City of Blinding lights
Pride
MLK (during Desmon Tutu speech)
Where the streets have no name
Ultraviolet
With or without you
Walk on
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender

:applaud: MOS is the perfect gig closer.:applaud:

i think this would be a really strange setlist. (i know its a rehearsal, and nothing is final about it) the UC->Pride section is some strange transitions. Real Thing Remix-> COBL sounds very strange. Who knows maybe it all works, but i really hope they change that around or better yet its not even a consideration just the rehearsal.

Bad that early in the set seems very strange, and out of place. Not sure where I would put it, maybe in the second encore, and move vertigo up.

I really like MOS as a closer, but that last encore is pretty lame. I would rather them play vertigo and crazy tonight early in the set. Crazy -> MOS would be a really weird back to back.

I would love to see them keep all the same songs but do something like:

Ultraviolet
With or without you
Bad
----Encore 1------
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Walk on
----Encore 2-----
White As Snow
Moment of Surrender

Has anyone said if In A Little While and Angel are acoustic? I am assuming they are, given they are back to back and there placement in the set.

i think this would be a really strange setlist. (i know its a rehearsal, and nothing is final about it) the UC->Pride section is some strange transitions. Real Thing Remix-> COBL sounds very strange. Who knows maybe it all works, but i really hope they change that around or better yet its not even a consideration just the rehearsal.

Bad that early in the set seems very strange, and out of place. Not sure where I would put it, maybe in the second encore, and move vertigo up.

I really like MOS as a closer, but that last encore is pretty lame. I would rather them play vertigo and crazy tonight early in the set. Crazy -> MOS would be a really weird back to back.

I would love to see them keep all the same songs but do something like:

Ultraviolet
With or without you
Bad
----Encore 1------
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Walk on
----Encore 2-----
White As Snow
Moment of Surrender

Has anyone said if In A Little While and Angel are acoustic? I am assuming they are, given they are back to back and there placement in the set.

Just let the band dowhat thet are doing? they have been doing it long enough.

So glad Ultraviolet keeps showing up. Unknown Caller sucks big time. They're gonna have to do somethng special with that one live for me to like it. I really think it's the low point in their entire catelogue

i guess we can go ahead and shut down this forum then, right? if there is no speculating or suggesting anything different, there wouldn't be much to talk about.
Exactly. I read that comment you responded to as well and though "gee what's the point in even having a forum if we can't discuss stuff or share our opinions" Yeah let's just keep our mouths shut and let the band do what they do. Such a stupid attitude.

For the record I liked your suggestion for the encore order better than what's on that list, whether it's an actual set list or just rehearsals.

I'm going to drive myself crazy checking Interference every night to see what's been rehearsed!!!!! I'm just hoping that the band will find compassion in their hearts to broadcast opening night in some form, at least audio.

Maybe instead of talking about Archbishop Tutu, Bono could mention the situation in Iran right now....Just a thought...

BAD! :fuckyeah:

As far as I'm concerned, Bad is U2's definitive live song, not Streets. Thrilled to see it appear in rehearsals. Now come on U2, rehearse A Sort Of Homecoming and you'll be bringing the UF lovefest in an ideal way.

Also, EBTTRT? Played in Perfecto Mix style? :ohmy:

As far as I'm concerned, Bad is U2's definitive live song, not Streets. Thrilled to see it appear in rehearsals. Now come on U2, rehearse A Sort Of Homecoming and you'll be bringing the UF lovefest in an ideal way:
Bad is amazing live Axver but I'd have to disagree about it being their definitive live song. As epic as Bad is it does't lift the room the way Streets does. I've never seen another song by any band that lifts the room the way Streets does. Just my opinon of course

Bad is amazing live Axver but I'd have to disagree about it being their definitive live song. As epic as Bad is it does't lift the room the way Streets does. I've never seen another song by any band that lifts the room the way Streets does. Just my opinon of course

Live Aid?

I think more than any other song, Bad absolutely defines what live U2 are all about. It hits a level all of its own.

As far as I'm concerned, Bad is U2's definitive live song, not Streets. Thrilled to see it appear in rehearsals. Now come on U2, rehearse A Sort Of Homecoming and you'll be bringing the UF lovefest in an ideal way.

Bad >>>>>>>> Streets, on the album and live. God, I hope they play it in Chicago!

Live Aid?

I think more than any other song, Bad absolutely defines what live U2 are all about. It hits a level all of its own.

I'll give you that. Bad from Live Aid is likely their definitive one off performance BUT I'd also argue alot of that has to do with Bono's antics on that day rather than the performance of the song, not to mention it has the advantage of being filmed for millions of people to see. I hate when fans quote people in bands to help their arguement but I'll do it anyways. Streets really does change the atmosphere of the room when it's played. Taking nothing away from Bad cause I love it but I just think the vibe and feeling in the crowd rises to such high levels when Streets is played that it's unmatched as far as it being consitently their best live song. If U2 were ever to announce a definate final show Streets in my opinion should be the final song ever played by the band. Streets I think embodies everything the live U2 show is all about. Uplifting, inspiring, epic. Bad is all those things as well but on a smaller scale in my opinion.

U2Barcelona site (U2 Barcelona - Links) has the following rehearsal set list for today:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
Drowning Man
Bad
In a little while
Angel of Harlem
Bono's speech
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding lights
Pride
Ultraviolet
With or without you
Walk on
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender

:drool::drool::drool:
NICE setlist...great mix of new songs, established stuff, and somewhat obscure tracks.
Just a few notes:
1) Unforgettable Fire and Ultraviolet? HELL. YES.
2) Breathe as the opener? I was thinking it would be a perfect first-encore closer, but...eh, I guess it could work. Wouldn't be surprised if they changed it to FEZ > Magnificent after a few shows, though.
3) On the other hand, I'm going to second Zoid's opinion on MOS being an EPIC closer. On that note...hmm, no One? Or perhaps they don't need to rehearse it, since they all have it memorized after playing it in several hundred consecutive shows. ;)

I'll give you that. Bad from Live Aid is likely their definitive one off performance BUT I'd also argue alot of that has to do with Bono's antics on that day rather than the performance of the song, not to mention it has the advantage of being filmed for millions of people to see. I hate when fans quote people in bands to help their arguement but I'll do it anyways. Streets really does change the atmosphere of the room when it's played. Taking nothing away from Bad cause I love it but I just think the vibe and feeling in the crowd rises to such high levels when Streets is played that it's unmatched as far as it being consitently their best live song. If U2 were ever to announce a definate final show Streets in my opinion should be the final song ever played by the band. Streets I think embodies everything the live U2 show is all about. Uplifting, inspiring, epic. Bad is all those things as well but on a smaller scale in my opinion.

Maybe it's just that I'm over Streets, I don't know. Though I've always considered Bad to be on a live plane above Streets, even when I was in love with Streets. I'm not necessarily talking in terms of crowd reactions, just in terms of what song consistently defines all the best aspects of a U2 concert .. the epic climax of Bad is something Streets just can't match, even with its famous intro.

Hmm, this has me wondering if the 360 shows might be a bit... longer?
With more rest days in-between shows, the endeavor of setting up such a massive set & playing large cavernous stadiums for thousands?
I know they are just rehearsing & this stlist isn't particularly long, but how cool would it be for an extra 2-3 songs to be performed than usual?

With more rest days in-between shows, the endeavor of setting up such a massive set & playing large cavernous stadiums for thousands?
I know they are just rehearsing & this stlist isn't particularly long, but how cool would it be for an extra 2-3 songs to be performed than usual?
:hmm:
Hmm...Plausible. Not likely, but plausible. And, DAMN, would it be cool.
Maybe three encores instead of the usual two? :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Let me guess....a security guard gave this to someone? :lmao:

Priceless!

do you want a fact for non believers?

The transcription on this setlist mentioning the word "Kingdom" as a possible intro appeareed BEFORE the Gavin Friday's mention on his twitter page.

It is not possible to distinguish words when Bono speaks between songs and so on (low and distand sound), so this is definitely not something that people outside heard

is Gavin part of the conspiracy too? :D

As nice as it would be I'm sure 360 is no reference to time although I could easily enjoy a 6 hour show! (Bruce used to do 4 hrs-albeit he was a lot younger those days and stadiums these days - the residents outside wouldn't be too happy, but 26 or 30 complete songs would be nice). I would like to see the stage rotate though. Well almost 9 days to find the true meaning of 360 unless someone has the scoop.

Like the looks of that setlist I'd be happy with it :up:
And I agree with Axver - throw in A Sort of Homecoming too :D

I still want Stand Up Comedy! :reject:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
Drowning Man
Bad
In a little while
Angel of Harlem
Bono's speech
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding lights
Pride
Ultraviolet
With or without you
Walk on
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender

yep, I'm guessing that's similar [but not identical] to what we'll see when the tour opens. I think most of it sounds like a good running order. Breathe and Magnificent would be equally epic openers I think. Streets-->Ultraviolet-->WOWY sounds awesome.

I wonder what the heck Even Better Perfecto is about ... the band is playing the remix? :huh: I hope they just play the regular song. this set needs more 90's. swap out Angel of Harlem and Still Haven't Found for two 90's songs and I'd be happy. but everything else looks good. Very excited for Drowning Man and Ultraviolet...both are in my top 25 :love:

I'd like to see "Do you Feel Loved" wrapped in there somehow (for all of us POP heads) and as I said on a misdirected thread, it would be interesting to see them open with Unknown Caller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom