Rumours of a 2012 Europe indoor AND outdoor tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The whole "soon" thing with u2 usually means a couple of years. It's been said after elevation, after Vertigo and of course with 360 coming to an end, it's being dished out now. I mean why not? It keeps the fans excited, anticipating a new album next week cause Bono said so. I suppose for the diehards, it's all part of the fun.

They may very well pull something out of the bag later in the year, if it's possible, it's possible. I'm not hanging by a thread on words any of the band members say, because it's a different fucking story with all 4 of them (as well as Paul mcmoney bags) I'm just not convinced they are willing to break out of this 4 year cycle that has been in place for 10 years now, they have a very comfortable way of working, and I don't think they'll change, not now.

I'm willing to be surprised, however.

PS.... currently reading u2-at the end of the world for the first time. Geez, they sounded like glory days, what a wonderful time to be a u2 fan!

you're right. because anyone with half a brain in their head would figure out all on their lonesome that i don't think they stole any ideas from me or anyone else.

thanks again for proving my belief correct. it makes dealing with you much easier.

Yup.

The new Willie's diary seems to indicate that they are coming to terms with the end of the tour, and have acknowledged that this is the final leg, so they (the crew) are trying to enjoy it, as they will soon have to say goodbye.

Of course, anything can happen, and maybe they will still announce more dates for next year, but if they are, they're keeping it under their hats for now. :shrug:

I honestly don't see a problem with the tour ending this year, it doesn't need to last forever.

The whole "soon" thing with u2 usually means a couple of years. It's been said after elevation, after Vertigo and of course with 360 coming to an end, it's being dished out now. I mean why not? It keeps the fans excited, anticipating a new album next week cause Bono said so. I suppose for the diehards, it's all part of the fun.

They may very well pull something out of the bag later in the year, if it's possible, it's possible. I'm not hanging by a thread on words any of the band members say, because it's a different fucking story with all 4 of them (as well as Paul mcmoney bags) I'm just not convinced they are willing to break out of this 4 year cycle that has been in place for 10 years now, they have a very comfortable way of working, and I don't think they'll change, not now.

I'm willing to be surprised, however.

PS.... currently reading u2-at the end of the world for the first time. Geez, they sounded like glory days, what a wonderful time to be a u2 fan!

agreed- plus the 360 tour model has hardly been the most taxing for them has it? I really don't see them going back to 100 date arena tours when they can do 25 stadiums to more people over the same amount of time- I know which type of tour I'd prefer if I was them!

the fuck?

i'm going to write a book "shit u2 roadies say". maybe cbs will pick it up for the fall season

The Stones have done the mix of arena & outdoor (depending on markets) before. Might make sense from a financial standpoint. Do they have the energy (does Bono have the voice) to do a full-on arena schedule again? He hasn't taken care of himself like Springsteen has.

The Stones have done the mix of arena & outdoor (depending on markets) before. Might make sense from a financial standpoint. Do they have the energy (does Bono have the voice) to do a full-on arena schedule again? He hasn't taken care of himself like Springsteen has.

Agreed!

The Stones had this great concept in 2003: Stadium, arena and club gigs in one tour! They'd tour a city a week and play the stadium for the masses, arena for more intimacy and the small club gig for the die-hards (and adjusted the setlist accordingly). Now imagine that w/ U2!!!

...but again, you can't imagine that because it fails in so many places: First off, they love their stages and tour concepts so they'd never create something for outdoors and then just stand on a normal stage indoors. Also, U2 has never been flexible w/ setlists (like Pearl Jam) due to several reasons, the main being that the boys (especially Edge) have a hard time knowing 70-80 tunes by heart for an entire tour. It's just not how they work...

Agreed!

The Stones had this great concept in 2003: Stadium, arena and club gigs in one tour! They'd tour a city a week and play the stadium for the masses, arena for more intimacy and the small club gig for the die-hards (and adjusted the setlist accordingly). Now imagine that w/ U2!!!
QUOTE]

Check out this Stones setlist:
9/16/02- Aragon Ballroom- Chicago
Start Me Up
Live With Me
Rocks Off
Hand of Fate
Torn and Frayed
Worried About You
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love
Walk and Don't Look Back
Dance
Bitch
Slipping Away (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
It's Only Rock and Roll (with Bono) I Just Want to Make Love to You (with Dr. John)
Honky Tonk Woman
Rip This Joint
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice (encore

What kind of comparitive U2 setlist would you make for a concert of this type?

That's funny. I always thought Bruce sound like crap during the 90s. He did a lot of Axl-like screaming during the 80s.

And I always thought Bono's voice was indestructible (save for Popmart).:p

Back
Top Bottom