Rumours of a 2012 Europe indoor AND outdoor tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breaking NEWS for NewKillerStar

The Irish supergroup U2 will support Bon Jovi in a massive outdoor show at the Hungaroring near Budapest. 1% of the 95,000 tickets will be sold ONLY to U2 fans to thwart any claims of strategic Support bands

But Interpol will be on the bill aswell, so this show IS STILL HEAVILY STRATEGICALLY SCHEDULED! :doh:

Stop spinning the facts, without the use of Interpol who are a MAJOR ARENA ACT and U2 who are the FOURTH LARGEST CONCERT DRAW WORLDWIDE after Madonna, The Rolling Stones and Barbra Streisand, Bon Jovi's actual gross would be some 89% of the total gross. AND YOU KNOW THAT!!!

Also, you clearly no NOTHING about the concert business, 3% of fans go just to buy the tour programme, so without the use of LOVELY GLOSSY PHOTOS of Richie Sambora's face Jovi wouldn't be getting anything like the figures your quoting here. LOL.

What they definately need to do, is to do a special show or mini tour in Britain and Ireland. As they missed out Britain and Ireland completely in the last European leg. Maybe something unique just for the British and the Irish :D

And you could only get tickets if you have a British/Irish passport? :)

Kevs isnt so far from the truth but i heard:

15/06/12 Bercy, Paris
17/06/12 Bercy, Paris
20/06/12 Arena, Amsterdam
21/06/12 Arena, Amsterdam
25/06/12 Forest National, Brussels
26/06/12 Forest National, Brussels
29/06/12 Parken, Cophenhagen
02/07/12 Hyde Park, London
04/07/12 ECHO Arena, Liverpool
05/07/12 ECHO Arena, Liverpool (with special guest Paul McCartney)
06/07/12 LG Arena, Birmingham
07/07/12 LG Arena, Birmingham
09/07/12 MEN Arena, Manchester
10/07/12 MEN Arena, Manchester
13/07/12 Aviva, Dublin
14/07/12 Aviva, Dublin
17/07/12 Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Cork
19/07/12 Odyssey Arena, Belfast
23/07/12 Bernabeu, Madrid
25/07/12 Stade Velodrome, Marseille
27/07/12 Reichstag, Berlin
29/07/12 Eden Stadion, Prague
30/07/12 Eden Stadion, Prague
02/07/12 Baltic Arena, Gdansk
05/07/12 Festival Grounds, Tallinn
09/07/12 Lia Manoliu Arena, Bucharest
12/07/12 National Stadium, Belgrade
15/07/12 National Stadium, Sarajevo
18/07/12 Stadion Poljud, Split

Kevs isnt so far from the truth but i heard:

04/07/12 ECHO Arena, Liverpool
05/07/12 ECHO Arena, Liverpool (with special guest Paul McCartney)

Won't happen, negotiations broke down as the promoter didn't want to cancel the Kajagoogoo and Bananarama Summerpops double bill

Is that before or after they finish "Songs of Ascent"? You know, that album that in early 2009 Bono said would be finished sooner than later.

U2place.com says that beyond the ending of 360 in Moncton we all heard of, it appears the band's intentions are to design a new stage and a completely different show (compared to 360) to support the new album - currently in the process of being recorded - to be released next year.

With the album's release, the tour is to start in 2012 eastern Europe* and then go across the continent. The tour is said to be taking place in both arenas and stadiums.

:hmm:

* perhaps this is related to the Romania rumours...

Please give us time to save up for the next round of shows .... and to give fuel prices time to come down so we don't have to take out second mortgages to finance our flights. ;)

Just to add some fuel to this fire. Some fans spoke with Bono today.

Via U2Tour.de: Bono told fans no Europe dates this year..."but soon".. whatever that means #u2360 #u2

It's all making sense now. Crew told touring could go into 2015.Moncton final NA show.New album Europe 2012.Asia 2013.New album NA 2014.Anywhere else 2015. All the money is from playing live. The old model is gone. Das Model Sao Paulo_Our fans are too intelligent to actually buy music nowadays. Vorsprung Durch Technik.

corianderstem said:
Please give us time to save up for the next round of shows .... and to give fuel prices time to come down so we don't have to take out second mortgages to finance our flights. ;)

Thiiiisss, we need time off between tours to rebuild our savings for the next one!

I mean I can't go to this year's US leg when it will happen ;)

But this new rumour gives some hope. Which I'll give up I guess around next June. But by then there will be another rumour to cling to. Probably.

Of course.

i think i've figured you out finally. see, you have this issue where you are incapable of seeing any sort of nuance in speech or text... everything either IS or IS NOT with you. there is no kidding around, no puns, no ha ha... couldn't possibly be any hyperbole, any bloviation... it either is or it isn't.

this explains why you still believe that because bono said there would be songs of ascent. therefore songs of ascent is a completed album hidden somewhere in the basement of osama bin laden's pakistani compound, abandoned forever.

i feel much better about things now. thanks.

:huh: Okay.

You seem to believe U2 will have an album late this year, and a tour in 2012. (or did you switch to 2012 for both?)

I believe they will have an album in 2012, and a tour will happen in 2013, for several reasons already stated elsewhere (not least of all including this as of March this year: Edge: Tour Probably Ending in July, U2 Album After That)

Maybe one of us is wrong, or maybe both of us are wrong and U2 won't have an album at all until 2013, the usual 4 year gap. So what ?

And the "belief" about SOA had a little stronger basis than "because Bono said so!" but this was already discussed at length as well. The "they stole the stage design" line isn't worth debating.

Back
Top Bottom