[RUMOR] U2 to play Bonnaroo Festival, June 9-12, Manchester, TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update: According to the people working publicity for Bonnaroo, the lineup below is not real. Sorry to get you hopes up, folks. We were really excited about it too.

:(

Oh, I wasn't even thinking of something like that (because the only date on the tour I'm even vaguely aware of is the Chicago) it just seemed like an odd festival for them to choose.

U2 won't play this festival simply because they're already playing their own stadium show nearby. (Nashville)

I guess SOMETHING has to go in between the Oakland and Anaheim shows. 10 day gap? Rumor also has it Boston's Fenway Park is available that weekend. WHO KNOWS?

I think Bono and Edge at least have June 12 penciled in on their calendars for the Tony Awards. Also, there could be a uni graduation in there - just speculation, have no clue if there is, but Edge's two middle daughters are of that age...

U2 should play at the Austin City Limits Music Festival. With Arcade Fire and Radiohead rumored to also be headliners... :drool::drool::drool:

Yeah, honestly, this is entirely in the realm of possibility. The festival originally started out as a jam band/modern hippie mecca, but over the last half decade or so it has definitely become more welcoming to the big time rock acts.

Shit, Radiohead headlined there a few years back.

U2 wouldn't be anything all that strange. I hope it happens. It would probably be a big hit to my bank account, but fuck it.

GAF, I'm surprised you'd consider going down there just to see U2. They're performing in Chicago just a month before Lolla. You could save all the traveling expenses and just see them in Chicago and get your indie fix at the festival :p.

Now that Spiderman is almost certainly not eligible for this years Tony's Bono/Edge may have the weekend off, unless they have to still go to continue the a$$-kissing tour.

Back
Top Bottom