Rose Bowl Show to be filmed for DVD + Webcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on the dvd, but I'm not really looking forward to staying up to 2am to watch the webcast when I have work the next day.

Congrats on the dvd, but I'm not really looking forward to staying up to 2am to watch the webcast when I have work the next day.

You don't have to watch the live stream. It'll be cool, yes, but the show will be there the next day. :)

Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, France, Anywhere European to be honest. Or a 'strange' place like Japan or so. There's just such a difference between the crowds. If you compare Slane to the Boston dvd or Vertigo Chicago, it just doesn't compare.

I don't want to offend anyone with this, but the US crowds that U2 captures on dvd just seem to be so incredibly boring. I'm not saying they are boring at the gig itself, it just doesn't work on dvd. Either the dvds are really shitty shot or the crowds are. And since Hamish also did Milan, which was awesome, I'm leaning towards crowds. You guys have a different idea of concerts than we do.

I'm not saying there's something wrong with Chicago, the city. I'm saying there's something badly wrong with the DVD U2 filmed there. It's boring as hell and the way it's shot makes the crowd look dull and bored.

Ah well, at least the awesome songs(UV, CT, UC, UF) will still be there. And they ditched Hamish, so I shouldn't bitch too much.
:up::up::up::up:

This is seriously a let down. I dont understand why u2 didnt wait until next year and film in europe. LA is not going to bring it at all. I saw u2 in ten different cities on the elevation tour and LA was hands down the worst by a long shot. there was no energy.

don't forget jeremy piven, the Entourage boys, cameron diaz, winona ryder, etc etc

oh and let's not forget Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Julian Schnabel, Lou Reed, Jan Wenner, Michael Stipe, Patti Smith, Helena Christenson, Christina Applegate, Heather Graham, Max Weinberg, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard, Steve Buscemi, Sophia Coppola, Trey Anastasio, James Gandolfini, Nicole Kidman, Adrien Brody, Robert DeNiro, Jennifer Connolly and Paul Bettany, P. Diddy, Naomi Campbell, Owen Wilson, Kirsten Dunst, Sigourney Weaver, Marcia Gay Harden, John Legend, Jessica Alba, Sean Paul, Glenn Close, Piper Perabo, Michael Imperioli, Nicky Hilton and Kevin Connolly, Ralph Fiennes, Scott Speedman, Michael C. Hall, Lauren Bacall, Julianne Moore, Rupert Everett, Janice Dickinson, David Blaine, Taye Diggs, Fabian Basabe, Uma Thurman, Willie Nelson, Ty Pennington, Veronica Webb, Rosie O'Donnell, Michael Schoeffling, Trey Anastasio, Anthony Edwards, Robert Verdi

I am really excited to see a live webcam of any show!! I don't care what city it is in!:applaud:

All the pissing & moaning about how European fans are better and American crowds suck makes me even happier about the city. As far as I'm concerned U2 could shoot every DVD they ever release from now until they quit in the US and it wouldn't nearly make up for us not getting Lovetown.

This is seriously a let down. I dont understand why u2 didnt wait until next year and film in europe. LA is not going to bring it at all. I saw u2 in ten different cities on the elevation tour and LA was hands down the worst by a long shot. there was no energy.

Let the rest of us be happy. I'm a native and i understand the comments you're making,which is why I like to also travel to other cities for my favorite bands, but personally i'm thrilled to represent the city.

Please note, that many of the people that have the bad and snobby attitudes at shows/games here in LA aren't FROM HERE

I don't know. I've been to LA shows that have great crowds. I thought Elevation in Nov '01 was great and that was in the freaking nose-bleeds. I've also attended Metallica, Incubus and No Doubt shows where the crowd was crazy.

Honestly, the only thing I worry about is the crowd being late because of traffic issues.

omg this is incredible...what a weekend coming up...first Vegas then the Rose Bowl....can't fucking wait!!!!

I am concerned about Bono's voice though for the DVD since Vegas is 2 nights before...hopefully he really brings it :drool:

to those mad about the whole America thing, i wouldn't be surprised if they film a 2nd one next year in somewhere other than America. so shut up bitches.

to those mad about the whole America thing, i wouldn't be surprised if they film a 2nd one next year in somewhere other than America. so shut up bitches.

Or they could film a second one next year in America.

So this is a letdown? U2 are streaming the upcoming DVD for all of us live and it's a letdown? Seriously, get over it. :doh:

The crowd isn't going to suck. They're at a U2 show. If anything, they'll focus cameras on the GA crowd which will be lively (a lot more than the seats, and that's for any location).

Stop worrying and bitching people. We're seeing the Pro-Shot streamed show Sunday night for FREE and people are still complaining!

So this is a letdown? U2 are streaming the upcoming DVD for all of us live and it's a letdown? Seriously, get over it. :doh:

The crowd isn't going to suck. They're at a U2 show. If anything, they'll focus cameras on the GA crowd which will be lively (a lot more than the seats, and that's for any location).

Stop worrying and bitching people. We're seeing the Pro-Shot streamed show Sunday night for FREE and people are still complaining!

:up:

I think the crowd will be great. That many people on the bottom floor and around the stadium, it's gonna be wild! :drool: The only problem for me is that this DVD will probably have one of their least epic intro's ever. Too late to change it though. Oh well, I'm sure it will look awesome, but this time around it just doesn't have that punch I like in an opener.

I'll be passing out a bunch of Rockstar energy drinks to the first 500 fans in the GA queue, so please don't worry about us not being hyper enough for the DVD (though some people might have to go pee during Unknown Caller)

I have a week off from studys next week, so ill watch the stream Monday morning or afternoon. Hope we get something up there with slane, and bono pulls something out the bag to spice it up.

Back
Top Bottom