Rose Bowl Show to be filmed for DVD + Webcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought Catherine Owens and Mark Pellington did U23D. Hope Krueger makes a great DVD...360 should look fantastic on TV.

The only bummer about having to watch an official release on You Tube live is that I heard we were going to have phenomenal underwater audio coming in from Mike's. ;)

I thought Catherine Owens and Mark Pellington did U23D. Hope Krueger makes a great DVD...360 should look fantastic on TV.

I was posting things too quickly to be clear. ;) They were the director's. He was a cinematographer for it.

I was born and raised in LA, and have always been ashamed of how poor the energy is at all LA shows. I hope we can change our image and really bring it on Sunday night.
I will do my part by jumping around like a lunatic.

This is so exciting!

I was born and raised in LA, and have always been ashamed of how poor the energy is at all LA shows. I hope we can change our image and really bring it on Sunday night.

This was my first thought too but I didn't want to stir things up as somebody who is not from LA. But I'll have to admit it's a beautiful stadium without a roof. Excellent for filming a 360 DVD and it's also interesting they choose a one-night-only gig. :up:

Sooo...will the DVD be released early next year ? I guess this filming is too late for the Christmas 09 release...

:up: Thank you so much for posting!!! Would have never known about it because I still don't get any emails from u2.com.

Wonderful news on a Monday... Quite excited :hyper: knowing about the dvd now. Will definatley be looking forward to it.

This is AWESOME news! Isn't the Rose Bowl going to be the biggest attendance in the US?:applaud::applaud:

Galeongirl, why disappointed?? Where would you have wanted it to be filmed?

Also..what's wrong with Chicago? I went to both shows this tour there and the crowd was AMAZING. Actually went to both Gillette and both Wembley and Chicago was a close second to Wembleys excitement!

Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, France, Anywhere European to be honest. Or a 'strange' place like Japan or so. There's just such a difference between the crowds. If you compare Slane to the Boston dvd or Vertigo Chicago, it just doesn't compare.

I don't want to offend anyone with this, but the US crowds that U2 captures on dvd just seem to be so incredibly boring. I'm not saying they are boring at the gig itself, it just doesn't work on dvd. Either the dvds are really shitty shot or the crowds are. And since Hamish also did Milan, which was awesome, I'm leaning towards crowds. You guys have a different idea of concerts than we do.

I'm not saying there's something wrong with Chicago, the city. I'm saying there's something badly wrong with the DVD U2 filmed there. It's boring as hell and the way it's shot makes the crowd look dull and bored.

Ah well, at least the awesome songs(UV, CT, UC, UF) will still be there. And they ditched Hamish, so I shouldn't bitch too much.

Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, France, Anywhere European to be honest. Or a 'strange' place like Japan or so. There's just such a difference between the crowds. If you compare Slane to the Boston dvd or Vertigo Chicago, it just doesn't compare.

I don't want to offend anyone with this, but the US crowds that U2 captures on dvd just seem to be so incredibly boring. I'm not saying they are boring at the gig itself, it just doesn't work on dvd. Either the dvds are really shitty shot or the crowds are. And since Hamish also did Milan, which was awesome, I'm leaning towards crowds. You guys have a different idea of concerts than we do.

I'm not saying there's something wrong with Chicago, the city. I'm saying there's something badly wrong with the DVD U2 filmed there. It's boring as hell and the way it's shot makes the crowd look dull and bored.

USA!

USA!

fcl

USA!

USA!

fcl

:panic:

You know Red White and Blue is the colour of my country's flag too right? :wink: And which flag is older?

STG37478.gif

Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, France, Anywhere European to be honest. Or a 'strange' place like Japan or so.

Maybe a 2010 show will be filmed in Europe. It's hard to beat the visuals of the Rose Bowl (e.g. the mountain backdrop).

the band have had to drop new songs to tailor the set to fit the US audience because 'they' just didnt buy in to the new film. Why film a DVD there? I'm worried (but not certain) that the GA crowd is just gonna blow ass

Two DVDs, two years in a row ?
In '01 they filmed in arenas and in a stadium, that won't happen now. And Milan - the whole 10 songs of it - probably only happened because of U218.

Ah well, at least the awesome songs(UV, CT, UC, UF) will still be there. And they ditched Hamish, so I shouldn't bitch too much.

I am not offended and have noticed the lack of enthusiasm here compared to the crowds in, say, Milan for instance. However, I much prefer watching the Elevation - Boston DVD to the Slane one...it makes for better TV viewing IMO.

And it made sense for U2 to film a concert on this leg rather than the first one since they now have things more "down" now than then. If you watch U2 360 clips on YouTube after every concert like I do, you can hear and see the improvements in the way the songs are being performed now than they were on the first leg. I just hope all 7 songs from NLOTH they've performed will be on this DVD.

Expect a second DVD shot sometime next year after SOA is released.

Are the BEPs opening? I hope they have the cameras on the live feed working...those youtube videos from Norman are pretty awesome, even if they aren't my favorite band in the world...would love to feel the rush of singing "I gotta feeling..that tonight's gonna be a good night" before U2 launches...skip the intermission music, just go straight from that tune to Breathe or GOYB...awesome!

I don't know about that...I liked that hypnotic "soon"...."soon"...."soon" in Kingdom.

Who else thinks that Bonos voice is going to be hoarse and off that night? We are always unlucky with his voice on the dvds :( I realy hope that he is going to fix it this time. Better then on Boston dvd, Chicago dvd and the last SNL performece!

Would be great if he also could sing the whole first verse in MOS :)

Nice to see that they broadcasting it :)

Who else thinks that Bonos voice is going to be hoarse and off that night? We are always unlucky with his voice on the dvds :( I realy hope that he is going to fix it this time. Better then on Boston dvd, Chicago dvd and the last SNL performece!

Nice to see that they broadcasting it :)
Uh, Bono's voice was not bad on either the Boston or Chicago DVD or the SNL performance.

Back
Top Bottom