Rolling Stone: U2 to play stadiums in the US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, not everyone who doesn't like stadiums is a whiner. (Notice the correct spelling.)

We just like concerts where we can actually see and hear the band.

Don't worry. We won't take any tickets away from those of you who like huge crowds.

I would have seen The Police at Staples Center had they announced that date prior to Dodger Stadium :angry:

I was at both police shows...the energy at Dodger stadium was SOOO much more electric and I thought the staples center show was a total bore in comparison to dodger stadium. If U2 plays a dodger stadium on the weekend, I'd suspect the audience would be even more electric. that's just my opinion. More people, more noise, more energy. Just like in U23D...that's why I enjoyed the honolulu show so much too.

Can't be arsed reading 13 pages, but if this is a confirmed rumour, then I am glad that the US gets to suffer the stadium trudge that the rest of the world has to: 4 tours of Australia: 4 outdoor stadium shows, gah :|

Australia got the only Popmart arena show

Yeah that was over 2,000 km away from where I live. I still had to travel 1,000 km to see the only Popmart show I saw, where I got drenched in a thunderstorm.

All things considered, I'd really like to see U2 in an arena... :sigh:

FYI, Dodger Stadium is about 790 ft wide at its widest point; the Rose Bowl is 670 ft wide at its widest point.

If, as rumored, the LA show(s) take place around Halloween, both UCLA (Rose Bowl) and USC (Coliseum) are away that weekend.

I have wondered if the Northwest is one of the last shows, since it's indoors on the proposed ending date of Oct. 28th.

It won't be at Dodger Stadium. Paul said football stadiums only, no baseball stadiums.

This could be absolutely true, :shifty: however I heard from someone who heard from someone else who knows things that San Diego's Petco Park was going to most probably be a definite maybe you can bet on that is going to most likely get a show....probably... :happy: ... so count on that. :wink:

This could be absolutely true, :shifty: however I heard from someone who heard from someone else who knows things that San Diego's Petco Park was going to most probably be a definite maybe you can bet on that is going to most likely get a show....probably... :happy: ... so count on that. :wink:

Neither venue in San Diego would be very good.

:(

Don't make me sad.

But yeah I was surprised to hear that, this guy seemed to think it's going to happen but I'll believe it when we see it. Still I can be hopeful, I'd love to see a show here where I live.

If U2 does go to San Diego I really really really hope they sell at least more than half of the tickets in the stadium. Come on San Diego!

Back
Top Bottom