Rehearsals at Camp Nou ( Spoiler )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ werd

I think that is the biggest possibility - that they will rehearse new material - and that is the best way to have the songs in shape and ready to record so the recording process doesn't take too long. They may also debut one or two new songs a bit later, but definately not on the opening night.

They also probably haven't developed the exact set yet, so expect some different songs to be rehearsed tomorrow. Remember, just because it was played today doesn't mean it will be played opening night (or on the tour at all).

ohhhh wow just caught up reading this thread....

when I saw Drowning Man and Unforgettable Fire my jaw dropped and my eyes got huge....when I saw Ultraviolet, I can't even remember now exactly what I screamed, but I screamed something...I think it was "NO!!!!".....anyway, I'm pretty fucking excited right now, but I keep telling myself this isn't true...but now I'm starting to think it is after seeing some things posted on U2east link.....

Just remembered what Adam said "were figuring out how to play songs we never though were possible to play live" apart from the new songs which for some reason I got the impression that he wasent talkin about them, the only song in this rehearsal setlist they havent played ever is Drowning Man,

seems strange for Adam to say that and then only do 1 song. (ah maybe it was the new tunes)

So, two different reports about what was played (only difference is the order of the songs...)

Intro to=>
Magnificent
City Of Blinding lights
Get on Your Boots
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Breathe
I Still Have'nt Found What I'm Looking For
Unforgettable fire
Drowning Man
In a little while
Unknown Caller
Moment of Surrender
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding lights (again)
Pride
MLK
Where The Streets Have No Name
Ultraviolet
Vertigo
With or without you
I'll Go Cray If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
No Line On The Horizon

From U2france.com (via email)

The unforgettable fire
City of blinding lights
Magnificent
Get on yout boots
Elevation
Beautiful day
I still haven´t found what I´m looking for
Drowning man
Breathe
In a little while
Angel of Harlem + Suspicious minds
Unknown caller
The unforgettable fire
City of blinding lights
Pride (in the name of love)
MLK
Where the streets have no name (quelle suprise)
Ultraviolet
With or without you
Vertigo
I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight
No line on the horizon
Moment of surrender

Just remembered what Adam said "were figuring out how to play songs we never though were possible to play live" apart from the new songs which for some reason I got the impression that he wasent talkin about them, the only song in this rehearsal setlist they havent played ever is Drowning Man,

seems strange for Adam to say that and then only do 1 song. (ah maybe it was the new tunes)

This is only one night, they will play many more songs over the course of the tour. We still have Luminous Times :drool:

Also, I dont think he exactly said they'd never PLAYED before, but never WORKED OUT before. Ultraviolet would qualify for that.

TUF as an opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

yep, I guess I'm jumpin the gun Dan
just too damn excited for the tour!!!!!!

luminous Times! :)

The 2nd setlist is soooooo much better! althought I think Breathe should be moved into a more rockier section!
perhaps before Elevation!

wow this is really incredible....think about it!

Ultraviolet, Drowning Man, Unforgettable Fire, Unknown Caller, Moment of Surrender, MLK ---> Streets ....holy shit...

i have no freaking clue what clip 1 is

2 and 3 are easy to figure out

i just hope the sound is better when they start touring or it's going to be a bummer of a tour.

/tounge in cheek'd

-dan

Are you guys kidding me? You guys can make out exactly what songs they are!?!? Each clip is a crap second only.

I really don't think that either one is even close to resembling the running order that we'll hear on the 29th.

Are you guys seeing what I'm seeing?

Unknown Caller
Moment of Surrender
The Unforgettable Fire

What a nice lovely continuous group of songs they have there. Similar to LAPOE/SBS/Bullet on the last tour, but in a different way.

Forget about the tour, though... I'm excited enough about just hearing what they rehearse tomorrow!

I really don't think that either one is even close to resembling the running order that we'll hear on the 29th.

well yeah, I seriously doubt it....it's rehearsals though...order is pretty much meaningless isn't it?

Are you guys seeing what I'm seeing?

Unknown Caller
Moment of Surrender
The Unforgettable Fire

What a nice lovely continuous group of songs they have there. Similar to LAPOE/SBS/Bullet on the last tour, but in a different way.

I agree....really cool :up:

Also I am glad they might finally realize that MLK -> Streets is a perfect combination, especially since it follows their discography (end of UF into the start of JT).

Here's an idea... Unknown Caller->Moment of Surrender->The Unforgettable Fire->MLK->Streets.

:drool::drool::drool:

Rehearsal set for Vertigo

City Of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet)
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Elevation
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Yahweh
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)

Encore(s):
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
One
All Because Of You

Opening night

Setlist:
City Of Blinding Lights
The Cry
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation
encore(s):
One
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Rehearsal set for Vertigo

City Of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet)
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Elevation
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Yahweh
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly

Encore(s):
One
All Because Of You

Opening night

Setlist:
City Of Blinding Lights
The Cry
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation
encore(s):
One
All Because Of You
Yahweh

That was a dress rehearsal a couple of days before. This is an informal rehearsal two weeks out.

That was a dress rehearsal a couple of days before. This is an informal rehearsal two weeks out.

Yeah I know, I was doing one for Elevation but I couldnt find a site I could access at work that had the Elevation Miami rehearsal sets... interesting to compare them with opening night though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom