Rehearsals at Camp Nou ( Spoiler )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well dan I really can't tell what it is.

I'm hoping one of the more knowledgeable fans around here (such as you) might confirm that it's not a known U2 song.

I guess that would leave cover snippet, interlude/instrumental/Eno snippet, new song from upcoming album/ep, Spider-Man song... at that point I have no idea what exactly to speculate.

It makes me a little sad that they didn’t get MOFO and Discothèque there since it seemed like they wanted to revive them last tour and were working on new versions for it. However this is only the first rehearsal so they might show up and I really hope they do, at least MOFO. I’m glad One isn’t there but I can see them playing it on the next rehearsal and I really wish Streets, Pride, WOWY and ISHFWILF were gone for this tour.

The Unforgettable Fire – I like it and since this album kind of have that 80’s / TUF vibe this one will fit in well and it’s a great track. The fact that they haven’t played it for so long makes it all more exciting.

Ultraviolet – It seems like the logical step after reviving Zoo Station, The Fly and WGRYWH, so it doesn’t feel like a big surprise but it makes me very happy to see it there. I hope they don’t change it too much.

Drowning Man - It seems a little random for me, like they’re trying to choose something very obscure and picked this one out of the hat. Oh, well it’s probably going to sound nice anyway, if they really go for it.

In A Little While – I love this song and they seem to like it too. Edge plays it on a A Day In The Life Of The Edge and Bono was adding a snippet at the end of ISHFWILF a lot last tour. I can see it being dropped soon though.

Angel of Harlem / Suspicious Minds – I listen to the 12.26.89 version a lot and the main reason is because of that snippet at the end of it. I’ve been waiting for them to do it again, I don’t know if they will carry on doing it or even how long it is but it sounds great anyway!

I like my setlist better though:

01. Magnificent
02. Two Hearts Beat As One
03. No Line On The Horizon
04. The Unforgettable Fire
05. Unknown Caller
06. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
07. Window In The Skies
08. If God Will Send His Angels
09. Cedars Of Lebanon
--- WAR VIDEO MONTAGE ----
10. Silver And Gold
11. Stand Up Comedy
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Please
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Ultraviolet
16. Acrobat

ENCORE I:
17. Get On Your Boots
18. Discothèque
19. Mysterious Ways
20. Moment Of Surrender

ENCORE II:
21. Breathe
22. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
23. Vertigo

:D

Im glad they have not rehearsed SUC yet (maybe they realized it was horrible) but i ask if they are not going to play that song live what the F was the point of it if its not a live song

I am really excited now... can't wait to hear new stuff live and songs they choose are some of my favorites.

And I'm very very sick of Bullet the Blue Sky, so hope it goes away so I can miss it.

Clip 002 is not a know U2 song. It might be an Intro or outro to some other song....possible a cover version of something......

From what i can hear possible: Feeling like a .....give me your love... will be away ....Could´t it be......our love???

Maybe an arrangement of Drowning Man with different lyrics??? Bono is allways blubbering something into songs.

Interesting is that Clip002 isn´t mentioned in any posted setlists!!!!:hmm:

I read the whole discussion at u2eastlink first and then came here, convinced that everyone in this forum will overreact, people start bitching, etc. U2 fans never let me down :wink:

It's only rehearsals, but people act as if it's an actual setlist.

About the "supposed" set, there are three things I'm interested in

1. NEW songs .... it's all good, except SUC is missing
2. UF songs .... yes, please!
3. In a little while .... :love: One of my favs, hope it will be played in full

Ultraviolet = overrated, not keen on that one
They should play End of the world instead
And/or something from Pop

Drowning Man would be beautiful.
Could be they're going for more atmospheric stuff this time.

As for the "classics", come on, it was clear they'd play some of that, they won't let their audience down. I just hope some of it sounds fresh and reworked.

The setlist looks pretty good! I could do without Elevation and would love to hear SUC (I still think it would be a good song live) and I am not to sure about Drowning Man. Very happy to see some UF there!

I'm still happy to hear Elevation, and I think SUC live is a MUST! But hey, that's just me.

I am pretty certain if they play these songs, my head will explode. Watch for brain matter in Chicago.

Holy shit....The Unforgettable Fire!!!! *weeps*

This

I read the whole discussion at u2eastlink first and then came here, convinced that everyone in this forum will overreact, people start bitching, etc. U2 fans never let me down :wink:

As for the "classics", come on, it was clear they'd play some of that, they won't let their audience down. I just hope some of it sounds fresh and reworked.

99% agree on your post which is almost a record.
With the acception of UV off course which woul be AWESOME if they would play this great little song.

Holy shit what? THis is actually legit???

ARGH I promised myself I would not get this excited before my first gig. :scream: 23 more days!

Are you insane?! Ultraviolet overrated?!?! WTF...if anything it's the complete opposite....

...and Ultraviolet Washington DC is one of U2's finest moments. Hopefully they can nail it again this time around.

Even though it's just early rehearsals, I think the fact that they played Unforgettable Fire twice is really good news.

Nice to see the setlist bitchting has returned and hasnt changed from the last tour :up: (even though this was just a rehearsal)

Nice to see the setlist bitchting has returned and hasnt changed from the last tour :up: (even though this was just a rehearsal)

Hey mr positive! Thanks for reminding us that their is bitching while all I see is geniune enthousiasme and love for this band.:down:

^ "Baby Baby Baby" is enough once, with Crazy Tonight. It's cringeworthy enough, don't need to hear it a second time :wink:

I remember
when we could sleep on stones
but now we lie together
in whispers and in moans
when I was all messed up
you were the opera in my head
and your love was like a light bulb
hanging over my head

Some of Bono's finest lyrics right there.

i remember
but now we lie together
in whispers and in moans
when i was all messed up
hanging over my head

some of bono's finest lyrics right there.

it's not a hill, it's a mountaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

:|

I remember
but now we lie together
in whispers and in moans
when I was all messed up
hanging over my head

Word, that song is epic. There have been times in my life where it's meant so much. I know people don't like the "baby's" but they sound so wonderfully desperate and dark it sends chills down my spine. To compare them to the baby's in Crazy Tonight is to completely miss the point, IMO obviously...

I'm just wondering about the theme of the tour, i wonder how coherent the set will be and how Drowning Man fits in...

I remember
but now we lie together
in whispers and in moans
when I was all messed up
hanging over my head

:drool: I know in a few years these quotes will be used against me but I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED RIGHT NOW. :hyper:

ultraviolet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word, that song is epic. There have been times in my life where it's meant so much. I know people don't like the "baby's" but they sound so wonderfully desperate and dark it sends chills down my spine. To compare them to the baby's in Crazy Tonight is to completely miss the point, IMO obviously...

I could not agree more chrissyBABY!!

Ok, 002 is definately not a U2 song. I see only 2 real possibilities, as they won't play a cover this early in the tour:

it is linking music, designed to be the intro to something (music wise it may fit with drowning man to replace the fade-in)

it is a new song. it fits the descriptions of EBW very well

2 - Every Breaking Wave // 4:13 // Priority to finish // Vocals TBC - Possible drums [a lot of other stuff written]

Lillywhite cues up the track, a slow burning track called Every Breaking Wave that gradually builds to a climax brimming with passion and intensity. Bono begins to sing rocking forward and backwards on his studio chair............he performs a note perfect vocal that employs the movement of the ocean as a
metaphor for the human struggle, before building to the plaintive line "I dont know if I'm that strong". Two takes and 10 minutes later its done. Key line "Every Sailor knows that the Sea/Is a friend made enemy"

A swelling soul-pop song, with bright synth sounds influenced by OMD and, Bono says, "early electronica." "You don't hear indie bands doing blue-eyed soul [like this]," he adds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom