Rehearsal Time - Lots of it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndrewCowley

Refugee
Maybe I am imagining things... but with the short'ish amount of time dedicated to promotional work following on from the release of NLOTH, U2 seem to be giving themselves a lot of rehearsal time for this tour.

That has to be a good thing. Unlike what tends to be the norm for them, perhaps this time around they'll really hit the ground running right from the very start of the tour.

Exciting!

Doesn't really matter if they hit the ground running or are crap for a while does it? I mean they are starting their tour in Europe, aren't they?

:wink:

(just kidding, just kidding!! :lol: :reject: )

Doesn't really matter if they hit the ground running or are crap for a while does it? I mean they are starting their tour in Europe, aren't they?

:wink:

(just kidding, just kidding!! :lol: :reject: )

Well yeah. For once Europe will serve as a 'warm up' for the US. Pray for me though since I live in Sydney I might get to see this tour at all.

Well yeah. For once Europe will serve as a 'warm up' for the US. Pray for me though since I live in Sydney I might get to see this tour at all.

Hope you get a tour...and I hope the show/shows you see rocks your socks! :yes:

should be interesting to see if we find out some details out of these rehearsal sessions. i'm always cautious about rehearsals though. it seems like we always hear false reports of them rehearsing Lemon, Ultraviolet, The Unforgettable Fire, etc...

Actually, I don't think they're doing anything out of the ordinary here. In fact, last time, the promotional tour was shorter and the gap between album release and opening concert was a shade longer (a few days over four months as opposed to a few days under four months).

To follow up on what Axver said. They didn't end the promo tour and go right into the studio and rehearse for the tour. They may not even have started "official" rehearsals at this point. My guess is they have run through some songs and discussed some ideas of what songs they want to do. I think things will obviously ramp up quite a bit this month. But my guess is that they haven't done a ton of rehearsal work for the 360 tour yet.

should be interesting to see if we find out some details out of these rehearsal sessions. i'm always cautious about rehearsals though. it seems like we always hear false reports of them rehearsing Lemon, Ultraviolet, The Unforgettable Fire, etc...

Don't say anything, but I just heard them rehearsing Acrobat.

I hope we get some rumors soon. Any rumors. The rumors can say that they're rehearsing a cover of I Kissed A Girl and I'd be happy (although I'd pray that such a rumor would be false!)... anything to cut through the wait.

Actually, I don't think they're doing anything out of the ordinary here. In fact, last time, the promotional tour was shorter and the gap between album release and opening concert was a shade longer (a few days over four months as opposed to a few days under four months).

This...
To follow up on what Axver said. They didn't end the promo tour and go right into the studio and rehearse for the tour. They may not even have started "official" rehearsals at this point. My guess is they have run through some songs and discussed some ideas of what songs they want to do. I think things will obviously ramp up quite a bit this month. But my guess is that they haven't done a ton of rehearsal work for the 360 tour yet.

...and this!

It's just not U2 if they actually start rehearsals this early :) They've booked the Nou Camp well in advance (almost entire June!) if you believe sources around the stadium and I'm sure most of the practice will be done there. I'm sure they'll crank it up this month in the studio or elsewhere (e.g. Vertigo Tour it was Mexico, I believe), but until now I doubt they've even touched a string. Well, except the 5 songs they've performed on the promo tour. :)

I hope we get some rumors soon. Any rumors. The rumors can say that they're rehearsing a cover of I Kissed A Girl and I'd be happy (although I'd pray that such a rumor would be false!)... anything to cut through the wait.

Last time, one poster here was trying to push a claim that U2 were covering Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.

Edge's cousin told me they are rehearsing 150 songs, which includes a reggae version of Acrobat, and covers by artists such as Slipknot and Phil Collins.

Oh, and Edge is on fire during rehearsals. Go figure.

Last time, one poster here was trying to push a claim that U2 were covering Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go.

But you did have somewhat-reputable information saying that Lemon, Please, and Real Thing had been rehearsed at some point and in some form or another, no?

They'll come to Australia...but they'll probably only play the East Coast. Especially now with the Swine Flu they'll probably have to skip South America.

I guarantee you that the world will have forgotten about this within a year... just like we did with the H5N1 strand (which was much more dangerous) that threatened to invoke the Book of Revelation and whatnot in 2006.

I think they will be on top form. Bono's voice in the promo stuff was amazing.

With the album being so good, I am feeling so positive about the tour. They will go into it feeling great about the songs. There is nothing I don't feel they shouldn't play off the album on the tour. We've not seen them perform Moment of Surrender, I think that song on the album could have been mixed better and shortened a little, but it will come alive played live, very similar to the way Kite did.

I see people knocking Stand Up Comedy, but I love that song, it really rocks. I can't wait to hear it played live.

Bring it on, this is going to be a great tour. U2 have nothing to prove now, I think they will nail this tour.

I think they will be on top form. Bono's voice in the promo stuff was amazing.

With the album being so good, I am feeling so positive about the tour. They will go into it feeling great about the songs. There is nothing I don't feel they shouldn't play off the album on the tour. We've not seen them perform Moment of Surrender, I think that song on the album could have been mixed better and shortened a little, but it will come alive played live, very similar to the way Kite did.

I see people knocking Stand Up Comedy, but I love that song, it really rocks. I can't wait to hear it played live.

Bring it on, this is going to be a great tour. U2 have nothing to prove now, I think they will nail this tour.

:up:

I hope Bono's voice holds out...There's a lot of high, loud notes on NLOTH.....Here's to hoping!!! I know Sarajevo Popmart was a classic and historic show, but I pray that his voice doesn't get to THAT point!!!

I would say that PopMart Sarajevo had some of the best vocals Bono has ever pumped out (listen to Gone and Real Thing) at the beginning, but he murdered himself producing them.

I think SUC will be as rocking as Elevation was the last 2 tours. The song is destined to have Bono whipping up the GA section into a froth.

It will be interesting to hear what transpires with rehearsals. I'm not going to bet my life on this, but I think SUC could be in the 1 or 2 position of the setlist.

Mark

Didn't Bono say that Edge had started with MOS, but that is was 'tricky'?

I'm really looking forward to hear MOS, Magnificent, Unknown Caller, Breathe and Crazy Tonight (!!!) live. Oh and Magnificent and Boots, sitting behind Larry :)

Back
Top Bottom