Red Screen Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropop40

Refugee
Interference is called Interference because it int
ok, so there has been a lot of fuss over the "red screen" during streets that seems to confuse many people on the other threads, so this place can be used to vent excitement over the red screen so we do not confuse the sane people.

I somewhat get the whole nostalgia behind the color while the riff is starting up, but I guess since I am younger I will never fully understand the meaning behind this screen. :D

(btw, wasnt this screen used at the very end of streets last tour? and while the riff was starting during the elevation tour? and the popmart tour segue into streets, an the Zoo TV tour streets intro? come to think of it, has the holy red screen has made an appearance on almost every tour??)

3 threads on WTSHNN???

Really?

The lights...

How it's played...

Red Screen...

No offense to you zp40, it's just interesting how this song still gets so much attention every tour, yet on the other hand people are saying it should be dropped...

who is saying it should be dropped? that is insane. 98% of people go into the show looking forward to the moment when the organ kicks in to start the intro. I know I am looking to experience that live in Norman.

Nostalgia :drool:

Maybe a hardcore back-catalog fan could be sick of One or even Pride, but Streets? A U2 show without Streets would just be wrong, unless it took place in 1988 (even so, JT tour shows without it were all wrong as well haha) or before that.

Back
Top Bottom