Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
Looks like u2.com is ramping up for the presales for these shows.

U2.COM SUBSCRIBER TICKET PRESALE
The presale for the 5 New Zealand and Australian shows begins this week. The times are as follows:
Group 1 (Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent, Boots) - Begins Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon.
Group 2 (Cedar) - Begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon.
All times are local.

The public onsale begins Friday 3 Sept. 9AM local.

FAQ's to be updated shortly.

Please use this thread to discuss these presales and general sales.

Last edited:
I just tracked down u2.com presale info for the first time. wow, looks like they'e bundled Horizon, Breathe, Boots & Magnificent groups together (group 1), & created a new group, Cedar (group 2).

Group 1 presale runs from Thurs. 26 Aug. 11AM and ends Mon. Aug. 30 at 12noon. Group 2 presale begins Mon. 30 Aug. 1PM local and ends Wed. 1 Sept. 12noon. All times are local.

hmmmm, now the tour page shows 2 presale codes for me. Not sure which is the current one. The top code starts U2C, the other code starts 2U2C, hoping it's the current 1, but not 100% positive.

Has anyone stumbled across info about the Red Zone ticket buying process. I can't find anything on Ticketmaster or Ticketek which explains this, just general info about Red Zone, but nothing specific about pricing. I really would like to know whether the tickets are going to be a set price (& if so, how much), or whether the tickets will be auctioned. I'm praying for an auction, & hoping to snap up a bargain for friends, won't be able to afford set prices.

Presale starts in 2 days, so would love to know if RZ will be an option, before using my allocation on GA's.

I had the two pre-sale codes show up also. One starting with 2U2... and the other 3U2...

After seeing the two codes, I renewed my subscription for another year and a further new code did not appear.

I wonder if they have allocated new codes to all automatically?

whoops, sorry Rosa, didn't realise a Oz/NZ sale thread had been started. got a bit confused when my posts got moved :doh:

Could they possibly be ticketmaster's $300+ tickets?

I hope not. I'm thinking the premium seated tickets may be around the $349.50 quoted, as these tickets went for $250USD in the US (since GA's have increased from $58USD to $99.50). Still, if they do go the way of Europe, with flat rate RZ tickets you're probably right, they'll be pretty similar to the premium seated tickets.

I want an auction, & I want to know about it now! (makes that stressful ticket buying experience even more interesting).

Not impressed that presale 1 is Horizon, Breathe, Magnificent & Boots.

Being a Horizon member (Propaganda since '86) I expected an earlier start than newby Boots (2009) members :(

For the Vertigo concerts I seem to recall that 2nd night concerts in Sydney and Melbourne were announced immediately after 1st night concerts were mostly sold (ie about 2 hours or so into general sales).

Am I remembering correctly and is that common practice?

If so, I guess my 2nd pre-sale code is useless at this time, as there will be no pre-sale for 2nd nights (and 3rd nights if they have them).

Both mine start with 3U2C and then different letters and numbers.
What does this mean?

I have 2 codes too. A 2U2... and a 3U2... The first is my original code and the second appeared when the presale website came online.

Does anyone know how many tickets there are per code?

So it seems the red zone is indeed the $349 tickets this is on ticketek site:

Ticket Prices:
Standing: $99.90
P1 Seating: $299.90
P2 Seating: $229.90
P3 Seating: $174.90
P4 Seating: $109.90
P5 Seating: $39.90
RED ZONE: $349.50

wow five price points for seats? i don't ever remember them having that many before.

does anyone remember how much the douchebag seats are/were in the us?

Last edited:
Hey I don't know if any of you have read the u2.com FAQ's yet but they have the Aus/NZ info up:

How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

So four tickets and they're other questions on there that are possibly relevant to you :lol:

U2 > Help

Here's some more info from the FAQ which might answer a few questions...

Q - If I have 2 valid codes, can I purchase 8 tickets with just 1 code?
A - No. Only ONE code may be used per transaction. If you have two valid codes, you can make two separate purchases. Each code is valid for up to 4 tickets.

So if you have an unused code that starts with '2' then you should be able to use that for 4 tickets, and you can also use your second code that starts with '3' for another 4 tickets, but different transactions.

I'm in a bit of a pickle as I want to go to a Melbourne concert but can't get time off work (live in Adelaide), and my second choice would be Sydney. I can't get the 13th off either, but can get 14th, 15th & 16th off...so I'm thinking of maybe waiting to see if they have a second Syd show (surely they will). I hope I can use my code to buy tickets for that second show. The following question seems to suggest you can...

Q - If I miss the presale for the show of my choice am I able to use my unique U2.com ticket access code for that show?
A - No. After the presale has ended for a show, any remaining tickets allocated for the presale for that show, will go on sale to the general public. The links to ticket vendors that are selling tickets for the public ticket sale will be available on the tour pages of U2.com. If there are subsequent presales then your unused code will still be eligible to take part in presales for alternative U2 2010 concerts.

Where are people getting their pre-sale codes from? I got an email from U2.com announcing the tour and the pre-sale. But no codes were included. Have I missed out on something?

Where are people getting their pre-sale codes from? I got an email from U2.com announcing the tour and the pre-sale. But no codes were included. Have I missed out on something?

Just got to u2.com click on the left panel thing, the thing that says Aus Presale then log in it should have it/them written in real big writing on the left side then....or you could go to account info or whatever it's called now and it should say..

Can anyone tell me how to find out which group I'm in?

It should say in account info it'll say Priority Access Group: (group), it does for mine anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom