Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it's awesome that it's lunchtime tomorrow in australia

Code swapping...

I have a pre-sale code that I've used to purchase 1 ticket for Melbourne. I'd like also to get a ticket for Brisbane. However I don't think I can use my pre-sale code for a different show.

Is there anyone who has a pre-sale code that has been used for Brisbane? Want to swap with me?

got mine!

Got my sydney tickets - woohoo! Now waiting for the 2nd show to be announced to use my second pre-sale code.

I have travelled from Melbourne to New York to watch U2 so I though "what the heck is another $700".

Lucky enough to get 2 tickets for Melbourne in Red Zone 1.

Pumped!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all here for sharing information to make the purchase process as easy as possible.

I am confused...

For Sydney, I've just used one pre-sale code to purchase 2x P1 reserved seated tickets and 2x GA tickets. I had to do this in 2 separate transactions since the web site would not let me combine them into a single transaction. I used the same pre-sale code each time.

Now I've just read this on U2.com -

The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

Have I screwed up? What does it mean when they say 'ONCE'?

bought a ticket. don't know why. i'm an idiot

:lol: I've just been looking, trying to get my sister seats for sydney 1 in the livenation presale, & i'll use my u2 code for GA's for sydney 2 for her.

I want to buy tickets for myself too! Just not the long haul flight ticket that will be required.

So, I am not a member of u2.com anymore. So, no u2.com pre-sale for me.

I am registered with Live Nation and Ticketek however. Do either of these have their own pre-sale? I have been trying to find out from them with no success.

Also, I cannot believe Ticketek has an $18.00 'transaction' fee. Blatant exploitation! :angry::angry:

Ticketek JUST ATE MY PRESALE CODE! :angry:

Was just having a look for my sister. Finding out where the $40 seats would be (section 141-1 row 27, behind the stage, Adam's side - looks like a bargain). I was removing the tickets from my cart, no purchases made. But now, after 5-6 attempts Ticketek says my password has expired. Not happy! This never happened for the US legs. Was happily allowed to play in the presale, without purchasing a ticket.

Sent an email to u2.com (but the site wouldn't even recognize my username, how unusual).

I am registered with Live Nation and Ticketek however. Do either of these have their own pre-sale? I have been trying to find out from them with no success.

There's a Live Nation one mentioned on Ticketmaster for Melbourne. Starts on 1st Sept I believe. Can't find anything mentioned on Ticketek yet.

I'm patiently waiting for a LN presale password too.

Ticketek JUST ATE MY PRESALE CODE! :angry:

Was just having a look for my sister. Finding out where the $40 seats would be (section 141-1 row 27, behind the stage, Adam's side - looks like a bargain). I was removing the tickets from my cart, no purchases made. But now, after 5-6 attempts Ticketek says my password has expired. Not happy! This never happened for the US legs. Was happily allowed to play in the presale, without purchasing a ticket.

Sent an email to u2.com (but the site wouldn't even recognize my username, how unusual).

Have you waited the 10 minutes that they give you. I noticed that the site remembers you those 10 minutes. I also put tickets in my cart, but the code would work again after waiting the 10 minutes.

I got 2 GA's for Brisbane now don't have a clue who's going to fly all the way up there considering all mates are supposed to be having a group holiday for "schoolies", know what I'd rather do! :lol:

Anyway congratulations to all who got what they wanted worked out relatively fine! Hopefully it will sink in soon that I just bought tickets for U2! :drool:

I got the unhelpful presale email from u2.com half an hour AFTER I got tickets to Brisbane. :rolleyes:

Apparently you can only get two Red Zone tickets for Melbourne in one go, friend of mine tried to get four but got an error until she went for two.

I renewed my u2.com membership yesterday and got another code (looks like another group 1 code), so I'll be trying for Perth in an hour's time.

I hope LiveNation is better organised than u2.com...! I never did get around to signing up with them.

Anyone know the answer to the question I posed earlier -

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...tralia-new-zealand-207360-15.html#post6911908

I am worried that whilst it accepted both my purchases that they will reject one of them on account of me using the same pre-sale code twice.

I would guess you should be fine, as you followed the four-tickets-to-one-show rule. If they do kick up a stink, you have a watertight case to argue the point. They never specified anything about how many transactions the tickets are purchased in, that I could see!

I would guess you should be fine, as you followed the four-tickets-to-onw-show rule. If they do kick up a stink, you have a watertight case to argue the point. They never specified anything about how many transactions the tickets are purchased in, that I could see!

bingo.

and if they do, just threaten to go to one of the current affairs shows - that usually will scare any company into anything.

i really feel a bit disappointed that i've let Danny buy me a ticket in the presale. it means i miss out on all the anxiety in getting tickets. i'll go general for the (hopefully) second show. and Brisbane.

Ok.... thank's all. Hope it is ok.

The other question I had is... do you think we can set up a 'trade' system for partially used codes? For instance... I have a code with 3 remaining for Melbourne. This is useless to me. However I want to get a ticket for Brisbane. Can we swap codes around or would we get found out by u2.com?

EDIT: We could also purchase tickets for eachother.

Ok.... thank's all. Hope it is ok.

The other question I had is... do you think we can set up a 'trade' system for partially used codes? For instance... I have a code with 3 remaining for Melbourne. This is useless to me. However I want to get a ticket for Brisbane. Can we swap codes around or would we get found out by u2.com?

EDIT: We could also purchase tickets for eachother.

Yep that would be quite handy !

Ok... I'll go first.

I have a code with 3 available for Melbourne.

I want a code for Brisbane.

Does this forum have a PM facility? We obviously can't post pre-sale codes into this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom