Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have been a U2.com member for 3 yrs, in the horizon group. I have a pre sale code from 2009 unused, i also have the 2nd code starting with 2U2... which came from renewing for 2010, and now i just renewed for 2011 which was supposed to give me my 3rd pre sale code starting with 3U2.... But on the account info page on U2.com, it says i only have 2 codes still.

Have i missed something, i am right to get the third code arent I? The FAQ's said that if you were a member pre august 22 and you renewed then you would receive the code starting with a 3. Help please? Thanks

:panic:

sooooooooooooooo, I have two codes . . . I can buy 2 tix for 4 shows right but there is no guarantee that the presale codes will be good for '2nd show' if it starts selling immediately after first one sells out . . . right . . . :crack: . . . not enough time to get my head around this crap

f:censored:k f:censored:k f:censored:kity f:censored:k

and also, teeny tiny bit pissed that there is not even a few hours seniority for the groupings in seniority . . . okay so I have only had continuous membership for 4 or so years but still :grumpy:

*findswine, gulpswine, resumespacingandhandwringing*

I am the same, I am curious as to whether the 2nd show for melbourne will go on sale straight away in which case no chance for a pre sale code. Or will they do the same as last time on vertigo 06 where they announced another show but tickets went on sale the following week which just added another week of more stress to u2 fans wanting tix. I hope they wait and sell the 2nd show the next week so we can use our pre sale codes again

:lmao: i meant the rich ones, thanks. :) converting ticket prices from nzd to usd, they're actually a bit cheaper here.

soooooo tempted to do a red zone show . . . but the thought of all that money :yikes: and I'd no doubt have to do it on my own which would be a tiny bit weird and sad :shrug:

I am the same, I am curious as to whether the 2nd show for melbourne will go on sale straight away in which case no chance for a pre sale code. Or will they do the same as last time on vertigo 06 where they announced another show but tickets went on sale the following week which just added another week of more stress to u2 fans wanting tix. I hope they wait and sell the 2nd show the next week so we can use our pre sale codes again

Is that what happened? I thought they just started selling the 2nd show straight away . . . mebbe that was just Sydney :shrug: . . . either ways I don't think I'll be sleeping until I have at least some tickets in my hot little hands . . . and seriously considering a sickie on Thursday . . . internet is just too unreliable at work . . . and I don't exactly have co-workers who would cover for me while I sweat bullets :lol: . . . :hmm: . . . methinks I am developing a fever :uhoh: :wink:

So for people with 2 presale codes (like me) is this how it works -

Each presale code gives you 4 tickets. The presale codes can be either used for separate shows (max 4 each) or you can use both presale codes to purchase 8 tickets for one show providing you do it with 2 separate transactions.

Does that sound right?

Jeez... they have made it complicated. Am reading through the FAQ section of the web site. The sheer number of scenarios covered in the questions is a sign of how over complicated it is!

I was going to join U2.com for the presale code, but having to wait a WHOLE DAY means that I probably wont get GA tix (espesh since I was looking to go into a group deal purchase).

Looks like U2.com has once again failed to lure me in :(

if you do it in auckland and buy my ticket, i'd go with you! :wink:

but that would mean . . . :shifty: . . . going to . . . :shifty: . . . new zealand :scream: :wink:

. . . I swear if the lotto ball dropped tomorrow I'd buy all my blue craic buddies a red zone ticket . . . and probably stump up for airfares to make sure we were all in the same place at the same time :D

having seen photos taken by peeps who managed the red zone tix on the last leg . . . :combust: . . . it might lack a little of the ga atmosphere but, eh, I think I could live with it for one show at least :)

soooooo tempted to do a red zone show . . . but the thought of all that money :yikes: and I'd no doubt have to do it on my own which would be a tiny bit weird and sad :shrug: \

Same thing here Purplereign, the problem is unless you have a friend or someone you know who is a big fan and willing to pay the $350, it is really hard (well probably almost impossible) to convince someone to pay that money (especially when everyone you know is ~18yo and totally broke anyway :wink:).

I guess however there would be heaps of people in the same position so hopefully it won't be lonely and the most could be made of such an awesome ticket :lol:.

Thanks mrnathan15. :)

My gosh, I feel sick with excitement and nerves!!! I've never bought presale tickets through fanclub before, so am trying to get my head around how it all works. Do you usually get pretty good tickets through fanclub presale or does it work the same way as a general presale - ie: securing tickets which are not necessarily any better than you could get during the general sales???

Also - what is the red zone?

I lied, Presale starts on friday and new members have to wait until monday. Bit sucky methinks!

EDIT: OR is it a completely different presale for Cedars??? This point I am confused of.

Last edited:
OceanGirl and AndrewCrowley, as I see it's sort of like a reserved general admission area on either side of the staging on the outside catwalk. That makes no sense does it? :huh:

If you go to U2 tickets, concerts and tour dates. Official Ticketmaster site. and click red zone on the right it has a little description and map or alternatively search "u2 red zone' on google images and there's some diagrams.

But yeah it's just like a VIP GA section where you don't have to line up all day etc and that. Someone will give a better description I'm sure :lol:

Thanks mrnathan15. I'm going to see multiple shows. Might give the red zone a try.

Looks like there's not many red zone seats. Do these generally sell out quick or does the high price compared to GA mean red zone is easy to get?

Thanks mrnathan15. I'm going to see multiple shows. Might give the red zone a try.

Looks like there's not many red zone seats. Do these generally sell out quick or does the high price compared to GA mean red zone is easy to get?

I thought that way too, that the cost would sort of deter a few but it seems that they have a good reputation and are quite highly sought after.

But anyway I think it was in the US that they auctioned them off or something but it seems it is a set price for this leg, so as to how quickly they sell I'm not sure. I think in one/both of the europe legs they were sold at a set price as well. By the way some guy on ebay was trying to sell i think it was 4 red zone tickets for $5,000 for a US show!:ohmy:

Thankyou! Just had a look at the red zone tickets on Ticketek. They do look worth it to me... I don't have the patience to stand around all day in line for a great GA spot otherwise, so it would be a good compromise! Does anyone know if the red zone tickets are available through presale??

Whats wrong with waiting until monday? All the GA will be sold out if its the same pre sale.
i'd be highly surprised if they sold out completely, that would then mean no one in the public sales could buy a ga ticket. i think it'd be a bit unfair if someone who just registered today would have access to the same seats in the presale as someone who's been a member for ten years.

i'd be highly surprised if they sold out completely, that would then mean no one in the public sales could buy a ga ticket. i think it'd be a bit unfair if someone who just registered today would have access to the same seats in the presale as someone who's been a member for ten years.

I mean the pre-sale allocation of GA would be sold out.

I don't think that a new member should have the same rights as somebody who registers now, however I think that 4 days wait is a bit silly.

can someone help me so I know if and when i can get presale tickets.. I paid for a $50 membership on u2.com this morning.

When I goto my account info I have a presale access code but under Priority access Group it says "N/A".... why??? I am elagible for presale right???

Can someone remind me, what is the red zone?

As seen on the Ticketmaster Netherlands web site, two sections of GA tickets are being auctioned off to raise money for Product (RED).

They're calling the two sections "(RED) Zones", and according to the auction page, the package includes:

- Special VIP entrance and greeting by (RED) Zone Hosts
- High profile General Admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runway
- Built-in seating for pre-show comfort
- Access to special concession and merchandise stand
- As a special bonus, the top 10 highest winning ticket bids for each show will also receive a pre-show backstage tour of this highly anticipated, revolutionary product design.

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...-tickets-discussion-here-part-iii-203069.html

I was going to join U2.com for the presale code, but having to wait a WHOLE DAY means that I probably wont get GA tix (espesh since I was looking to go into a group deal purchase).

Looks like U2.com has once again failed to lure me in :(

I lied, Presale starts on friday and new members have to wait until monday. Bit sucky methinks!

EDIT: OR is it a completely different presale for Cedars??? This point I am confused of.

Whats wrong with waiting until monday? All the GA will be sold out if its the same pre sale.

For the US each presale group had their own ticket allocation (& all contained GA's). So someone from Breathe (2nd group) could miss out on GA's if they came late to the party for their presale, while someone in Boots (3rd) could still get GA's if they were quick when their presale started. The more senior groups had a higher proportion of tickets (well, GA's at least), so for a high demand show like Vegas it was easier to get GA's for members of Horizon (1st), than Boots (3rd), although it was still possible for Boots.

The general sale then had the remaining allocation. For the high demand shows, GA's were still possible, but much harder to come by than for all presale groups.

Think it all worked out pretty well in the US for this tour (for GA's at least), & seemed like a fair process to me.

So for Oz & NZ I'd also expect each group to have their own ticket allocation (including GA's). Group 1 (Horizon, Breath, Boots & Magnificent) will have more GA's, so they'll be easier to come by here, but group 2 (Cedars) should have GA's too, though you'll want to be quite quick, as there'll be a more limited supply.

:panic:

sooooooooooooooo, I have two codes . . . I can buy 2 tix for 4 shows right

No, looks like Oz/NZ are going the way of the European presales. Each code can only be used for 1 transaction, ie. for 1 show. :angry:

From the U2.com FAQ
Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy in the NZ/Aus U2360 Tour Presale?
A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR tickets for any ONE show. The code can be used ONCE only against up to four tickets at any one show in NZ or Aus.

RZ is standing (with a few seats at the back of each RZ), not seated. From memory I believe there were about 300 people per side, less for some shows (like Vegas), where the field size restricted the size of the RZ's. Much less crowded than GA, but less energy too. There was actually a leaked diagram from the 1st leg for Gelsenkirchen, Germany, that quoted space for each individual in GA at 1 square metre, & space in RZ at 3 square metres per individual.

At $350 a pop, I think they'll be easier to come by than GA's.

How does the LiveNationAustralia one work?

yeah, Ticketmaster lists a LN presale happening on Wed 1st Sept 3pm. Hope Ticketek does the same, as I'm looking for Sydney tickets.

I'm signed up to livenation.com.au, no word of a presale yet (nothing in My Live Nation), but they have sent me an email about the tour, so fingers crossed presale info arrives shortly.

If you're not a member of Live Nation, it's free to sign up, don't know if it'll be too late for the presale though. Also there may be presale codes floating about on the internet the day of the presales, if you do a bit of digging, although this may just be a US thing.

I don't think the Live Nation presale will offer GA's, nor will the venue presales.

Just looking at the Etihad stadium seating plan that seems to have recently been put up, it looks though nearly every seating bay is available for crowds? I know this is probably just an early rough draft but that would be pretty awesome! :D

Here's the link: U2 tickets Etihad Stadium Docklands, VIC, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

Think it looks about right. Some seats unavailable low down behind the stage, due to the height of the stage, & the catwalk behind the stage, some low seats unavailable at opposite end of the stadium, due to the sound tent. There are speaker/lighting towers at the far end of the stadium (around aisle 21 & 28). These were also blacked out for some shows, but they're quite thin, so may not be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom