Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably right, and it is a waste of money... I managed fine for Vertigo without presales, after all. But I'm a massive stress-head and this takes a lot of stress out of it (although you wouldn't have thought so with the way I've been carrying on since the weekend!).

Red Zone is $350, which seems like a hell of a lot of money to me. On the other hand, it saves a lot of stress in terms of queueing up as well, and it's for a good cause and all.
And on the other other hand, I'm looking at a lot of plane tickets and hotel costs that I wouldn't have if I'd been content to settle for the Melb show(s). :D
Oh I have no doubt stress will be involved somewhere in my ticket buying!!!! :D

$350 is OK for what they're offering, actually. After last tour I swore blind I'd never do GA again, but now I'm thinking maybe one last shot... and this is one way to do it in comfort *ponders some more*

So did we figure out: Is the Cedars pre-sale the same allocation of tix as the higher rated members or is it the same allocation?

Given that the group 1 pre-sale ends before the group 2 (Cedars) one starts (if only by an hour, I think?), I'm leaning towards there being a different allocation, or maybe they'd add some more GA or Red Zone if the first pre-sale's allocation ran out... but I honestly have no idea.

On the other hand, it might not be considered fair if someone who was in the group 1 pre-sale missed out on Red Zone, but someone else in group 2 got some. I dunno. :shrug:

Pure speculation on my part.

All I've heard about second show dates (via the old friend-of-a-friend route) is that apparently if there's a second show in Melbourne, it's more likely to be on Friday the 3rd rather than Thursday the 2nd. :shrug:
I'm not finalising my leave forms until they announce something officially. :wink:

$350 is OK for what they're offering, actually. After last tour I swore blind I'd never do GA again, but now I'm thinking maybe one last shot... and this is one way to do it in comfort *ponders some more*

what happened last time?

i can't believe i have a ticket to see U2 :hyper:

us Aussies, we're all so greatful and hugging and joyful and willing to sit on sidewalks and get sunburn and sore arses, unlike those in Europe and the US who get shows every second week... :lol: it offers a different perspective.

Anyone purchase Sydney GA's today and wasn't able to get them posted? have to do venue pickup?

:wave: . . . kinda confusing but I was so excited to have actually got tix that I just went with it . . . there's some blurb on the end of the confirmation email that explains how to collect . . . but seeing as I can't get them until the end of the general public sale I shall save that particular excitement for another evening :lol:

I have a feeling it will be the 14th for Sydney. When I booked the hotel both the 13th and 14th were at higher event rates and the other dates around that were standard rates. Could be completely wrong, but that's how I'm reading it. Also, I recall someone on here mentioning they found out the dates a few days before they were announced and that the 14th was the likely 2nd show for Sydney.

I had to go with the box office/venue pickup option too.

oooh excellent . . . looks likey I have to put in for another day off then :yippie:

I'm really really hoping that I can grab red zone for the second show - and it would be even sweeter if I managed it in a presale :D . . . hublet wont be moved on the wifey travelling alone for shows and seeing as I have no friends who are open to bribery and corruption (dammit :angry: ) this was my happy compromise . . . of course, I am eternally hopeful that my wily charms will convince him between now and december :sexywink:

so glad to hear that everybody seemed to get what they were looking for :up:

and thanks again to coolian and acrobat angel for posting the link I needed to see the presale page . . . pre ticket anxiety had me blind to the obvious :doh: :lol:

fingers crossed I'll bump in to some of you lovelies in december and we can all squeeeeee together :D

yeah eventually, lol

phew . . . I hafta say I feel your pain . . . I let my membership of U2.com lapse before the Vertigo leg (cashola problemos) and missed out on tickets altogether for the first two shows . . . I cried like a fricking baby for about 2 hours and could not actually speak to anyone I knew who had tickets for a day or so . . . :der:

the great kharmic gods of loveliness will look after you :)

Anyone know if GA is still available for Brisbane?

To repeat an earlier request...

I have a pre-sale code for Melbourne with 3 remaining purchases.

I want a pre-sale code to purchase 1 GA for Brisbane.

Anyone want to swap?

This was posted on u2.com. Not sure it affects anyone but just in case:

Due to ticketing limitations, if you wish to purchase (RED) ZONE tickets the following restrictions are in place

You can only purchase 2 tickets per transaction

If you want to purchase only 2 tickets, then you may do so via the online presale

If you wish to purchase more than 2 tickets for (RED) ZONE, you need to call the following numbers for venues handling Ticketmaster (Melbourne and Perth ONLY)

In Australia please call 136 100

International callers +61 3 96749700

Baja also posted that if you were put in different RZ's because of 2 separate RZ purchases, they are trying to sort that also, so it might be worth contacting them if anyone has that issue also.

Anyone else here signed up with LiveNation and supposedly getting pre-sales through them? I am but haven't heard any hard information yet except the pre-sale is supposedly 3pm Wednesday. But I heard that from somewhere else.
Do you think with the LiveNation pre-sale there will be a fresh batch of tickets or is it the same pot as the U2.com members?
I am desperate to get 2 x GA for Melbourne and just wondering how hard that's going to be.

phew . . . I hafta say I feel your pain . . . I let my membership of U2.com lapse before the Vertigo leg (cashola problemos) and missed out on tickets altogether for the first two shows . . . I cried like a fricking baby for about 2 hours and could not actually speak to anyone I knew who had tickets for a day or so . . . :der:

the great kharmic gods of loveliness will look after you :)
aww, that sucks :( i totally feel your pain about cashola problems. oh, the concerts i've missed out on because of that. glad you get to see the shows this time! :)

what happened last time?

i can't believe i have a ticket to see U2 :hyper:

us Aussies, we're all so greatful and hugging and joyful and willing to sit on sidewalks and get sunburn and sore arses, unlike those in Europe and the US who get shows every second week... :lol: it offers a different perspective.

Well this Aussie isn't that willing to sit on footpaths and get sunburnt and sore arses and haemorroids, I'm getting too old for this palaver :lol: But if I can bypass all that and swan into GA for just 350 bucks and gaze at Adam in adoration, well hellooooooo :love:

Anyone else here signed up with LiveNation and supposedly getting pre-sales through them? I am but haven't heard any hard information yet except the pre-sale is supposedly 3pm Wednesday. But I heard that from somewhere else.
Do you think with the LiveNation pre-sale there will be a fresh batch of tickets or is it the same pot as the U2.com members?
I am desperate to get 2 x GA for Melbourne and just wondering how hard that's going to be.

is there a livenation presale? surely getting U2 tickets can't be as easy as signing up for free to livenation?

Well this Aussie isn't that willing to sit on footpaths and get sunburnt and sore arses and haemorroids, I'm getting too old for this palaver :lol: But if I can bypass all that and swan into GA for just 350 bucks and gaze at Adam in adoration, well hellooooooo :love:

That's why we are looking for some comfy blow up cushions - no haemorroids here :lol: Anyway, in subiaco there should be lots of fallen eagle feathers to make the pavement a bit more comfy :D (just had to get that in :sexywink:)

December is going to be an awesome month :up:

yeah, it was telling me that too. i forgot to mention RZ is always will call the day of the show, so hopefully nobody's expecting to be able to trade them.

:scratch: will call? does that mean collecting from the venue *lingo fail* :D

aww, that sucks :( i totally feel your pain about cashola problems. oh, the concerts i've missed out on because of that. glad you get to see the shows this time! :)

:hug: . . . I eventually got a ticket to the third sydney show and then I cried for hours with happiness :lol: :coocoo:

amen to that (fingers crossed the gods will help me get red zone for syd show numero deux). . . cept I'm trading the Adam adoration for Bono bliss :sexywink: . . . and I am giving GA one last *cough* youthful *cough* whirl . . . put in for the day off and all so I can relive my stupid crazy younger days before the arthritis sets in :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom