Perspective is everything: EdgeFest's tour so far...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeFest

Refugee
My first three shows with the identical setlist (WPG/EDM/SEA) were sending me into a tizzy because I was not wanting to be made a sucker to see the same one 11 times or close to it. My second "leg", however, has proved absolutely amazing. I learned that the setlist doesn't mean a thing when you are with special friends and have special experiences surrounding and during the shows. And man, did I have some special experiences.

East Lansing - save for the Fly, same setlist, but this was my first time in the pit, and although I made an educated guess, I ended up RIGHT in front of where Edge stood 80% of the time he was on stage, it was incredible. You can't judge by the support band's equipment or even Edge's rack as it's not directly in front of it, but I made note of some equipment up inside the screen for 'next time' if I had one since I nailed that spot this time through some gift from above. At the time it was the best show ever, because of the spot I had. Had some special Edge interaction too which my heart will sing about until the end of my days... even though the setlist was static, the band was ON, and it was such an amazing night that the setlist didn't matter at ALL. Having The Edge play the outro to the fly a mere 15 feet above me made me INSANE.

Nashville - we were in Adam's Red Zone which is a bit tough as you usually can't see Edge well, but he came over during Crazy and danced immediately in front of me in a t-shirt - it was already the hottest day EVER so it couldn't get worse... if I was going to faint it would have happened long ago, really. Epic just for that moment, and the AIWIY ending? Absolutely magical, which made it an incredible show minus the view. Was a perfect place to be in the Red Zone as we saved ourselves by not lining up all day in the heat (a decision made in October and although it was costly, worth EVERY PENNY!) I was hoping for Desire, but to get a moment at a show that everyone will talk about for years? Priceless.

Chicago - we had seats behind the stage but hearing OOC and OTH was PERFECT, it would have been a show where we really needed a surprise to make it epic due to our seats, and man DID THEY DELIVER. Also behind the stage was the best place to hear Edge say "Oh for fuck sake!" trying to work out the OTH chords, I'm STILL giggling about it. Watching everyone's vids you can barely hear it but it was loud and clear back there... cute and unforgettable.

Montreal 1 - I had some other commitments during the day and had a personal dream come true, so I arrived at the show not caring where I ended up or quite honestly if I even went to the show to tell you the truth. In a sea of 40,000 I shockingly ran into Matkin from U2gigs and enjoyed the show with him as we were both alone with our friends doing serious GA - couldn't have had a better person with me right then, we had a great time together... thanks lil' bro - it was special And you got my excited story first hand. The setlist didn't matter here as I was flying for other reasons, and it was the perfect show to just stand back and watch.

Montreal 2 - Went for the gold here, in which case it was outer catwalk Edge front row. Lined myself up to the sweet spot, and was rewarded with Mysterious Ways dancing immediately in front of us there. And OOC/amazing version of AIWIY/nice return of Stuck/Shine Like Stars/Ultraviolet? ALL WIN. In this case there was no place I'd rather be as it was beautiful to see the full band during AIWIY in an amazing version. Made the right decision there. GA was a living hell all day, but it began to fade as soon as my hands touched the rail. Enjoyed the show with new friends on either side - had an amazing time - just magical.

Toronto - Back to front row Edge, exact spot as I had in Lansing, and some ULTRA special Edge interactions here. To those around me in the pit, you know my story. What a dream that was. Again a static setlist... but did I care? No way! Because I was proud for it to be in Canada and all the awesome Edge smiles, nods, waves and the wave as he walked off the stage, dancing with him to Discotheque (for real, it was so awesome, my flag came true that night - still looking for a video of him busting it 15 ft away from me), him completely rocking us the solo of SBS - he was TOTALLY on fire... I was dying to hear Bad, but after the show? Who cares!

New York and Minneapolis are my last two shows, and I have seats in NY with StrongGirl so no matter what is played it will be amazing. Minneapolis I have RZ1 so one last goodbye to The Mr. as he comes around the catwalk for Crazy. Will I cry? Maybe. But I have had everything I'd ever dreamed of happen on this tour leg, and I am so very very fortunate to have made the right decisions on where I had my tickets at each show, the wonderful friends I was surrounded with, and the beautiful new friendships made along the way, that I can hardly ever look back on this and want for anything.

I've cherished every moment I've had and never looked at a show wanting to be anywhere else different than where I was. I'm in such a state of zen right now it's incredible. What a summer.

:love: Great experiences, all of them. You just put it in perspective brilliantly. Montreal1 and Toronto may have had the same setlist, but they totally were different shows. Every single show is special. Oh and you're awesome, I'm glad to have met you. :D

Nice recap, I took GA to Hel 1 and seats on back for 2 just to see the show from different perspectives and loved it

:heart:

You have been at all 4 of my shows this leg, and I really enjoyed getting to see you at the gatherings! Here's to one more!:up:

No Seattle? :sad:

Seattle was memorable for me for the fan party and sad for a missed opportunity I had earlier in the day but because of my mood (I shouldn't have let it get to me but I did) the show was rather meh, especially because we were standing back in the GA and I couldn't see much. However, getting to hear my pal Tracey squeal when Bono brought out the harmonica for AIWIY was worth the price of admission....

:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom