Package Deals for 360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stonecircle

The Fly
For the Vertigo tour, I purchased a package deal for Honolulu which included tickets, lodging and a luau (LOL). It was a great way to get guaranteed tickets. I believe the company that offered these packages went out of business.

Anyone out there know of any package deals like the ones that have happened in the past?

I'm not talking about the RED auction or VIP stuff listed at Ticketmaster.

Thanks for any help!

I'm actually surprised that it doesn't seem this is being offered in the US for this tour.

Event Travel is offering those packages for the European shows, but it looks like after all of the drama that happened with ETS during the Vertigo Tour, Live Nation/U2 must have decided they didn't want to deal with that situation again (even though OTX did honor all of the ETS packages that were sold for 5th leg.)

I had a blast at the San Jose ETS Tours function for Vertigo '05. What in the world happened to them? It was great - transporation, everyone was so nice...

I know - the last show of the tour in Honolulu was a pipe dream without the availability of the OTX/ETS deal - and they certainly did everything to make good on a tough situation when they went under.

What is Event Travel?

^ Yes, but eventtravel only offers packages for European shows, which also surprised me. I was planning to take a package for maybe New York, but there isn't anything offered. We took a package for Milan I, which is great because it includes GA tickets, even for sold out shows. If you take the ticket/hotel package, you don't need to go to any pre-concert party, they just send you the stuff. The shipping costs are very high, though. I'd only do it again if I really cannot get ticket any other way, but for one concert it's ok. We have regular tickets for the second Milan show. Eventtravel sends the packages out pretty late, but it's not a real problem. Since u2.com and u2tour.de are recommending it, it seems to be a good deal. I wouldn't book something like that with just any other site.

^ Yes, but eventtravel only offers packages for European shows,

That's what I said in my first post.

Normally ETS (which is a different company than Event Travel) sold these types of packages in the US (and Australia/New Zealand). I purchased quite a few of the pre-concert party packages for Elevation and Vertigo. This company was also the "official U2 tour company" which is why I always felt comfortable using them.

They went out of business after the 4th leg of Vertigo and there was a lot of drama figuring out what was going to happen to all of the packages that had already been sold for the Australia/New Zealand/Hawaii after the shows were postponed. Luckily another company OTX honored the ETS packages and everything worked out. Both ETS and OTX were Canadian companies.

There was some type of relationship between OTX and ETS because I recognized the guy at the Hawaii party as the same guy giving out the tickets at the ETS parties. In fact it was this guy who told us at the Portland pre-concert party that there would be a show in Hawaii and that was way before the concert was officially announced.

Not sure why none of these packages are being offered in the US this time. Maybe this leg just wasn't long enough to justify it, or with stadiums they didn't believe there would be demand for these types of packages. :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom