"Overall" Were You Pleased With The 360 Tour (Leg 1 & 2)..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well here is another negative point.

Don't get me wrong, overall it was just magnificient, but hey we have to complain about something, not...?

Although the sound quality overall was better than on previous (u2) stadium concerts I visited, it's really a pity that stadiums and good sound quality a lot of times don't go together. Stadiums are not built for music, especially not those with a roof on it. As said, the sound was way better than other times, probably because of the 360 setup. But it's still quite annoying that the one thing that is most important in going to MUSIC concerts, and that is the MUSIC, is often disappointing... The problem here is of course also that demand is so enormous high, that arenas is not an option (at least not in Europe) if you wanna give all fans the opportunity to visit your concert, so I don't blame U2.
But personally, I would prefer an end stage setup on a field were the music sounds perfect above a fantastic claw in a stadium.

I think this is there best tour theme wise since ZooTV. The imagery/lighting they created is really moving.

Only thing that I didn't care for was:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
MLK
Walk On
One
Where The Streets..

It just came too U2 by the numbers for me. My wife loved the show except for this section in the set. Maybe if they did:

Crazy Tonight (Remix)
Discotheque
New Years Day
MLK
Kite

All I Want Is You (Put "One" early in the show, less predictable)
Streets

Ultraviolet
Bad
MOS

First U2 show for me.

Awesome stage and screen, had a better time in GA than I expected (less crowded, and less loud - I head earplugs). Highlights: MW, the new songs and Ultraviolet. Nice to hear all the oldies too.

The memory of the excitement of the opening roar of the crowd and Larry starting Breathe, with the screen revealing the band sticks out the most for me.

First U2 show for me.

Awesome stage and screen, had a better time in GA than I expected (less crowded, and less loud - I head earplugs). Highlights: MW, the new songs and Ultraviolet. Nice to hear all the oldies too.

The memory of the excitement of the opening roar of the crowd and Larry starting Breathe, with the screen revealing the band sticks out the most for me.

:up:

my first was ZooTV, and i'll never forget the opening of that show. that's a memory that will always stick with you.

:lol:

that's right. i'm still looking for my ticket stub so i can finally prove it and clear my name!!11

Loved these shows more than Elevation and Vertigo.

NLOTH is a great live album. All the new songs were amazing live. And, what is there left to say about the Claw. :drool: :weekend:

I agree that I would have killed for something off of Pop. I've never heard any of it live and would have freaked out.

Definatley pleased with the show I went to. Totally met all of my expectations and then some. I am so happy that I was fortunate enough to be at Chicago 1 and hearing Bad :love: was a highlight for me. Will definatley be a concert to remember!

Great selection of songs by the way. Almost 60% of the songs played were from this decade! This is a good point, cause it means they consider their latest music as relevant and they don't wanna be a greatest hits band (see Rolling Stones on last 2/3 world tours)

Based on their last shows:

- 14 out of 24 songs from this decade (=58%)
- 4 songs from the 90's, all from Achtung Baby (=17%)
- 6 songs from the 80's

'Negative' points:

- no POP-songs !
Interesting point phommel, I hadn't thought about it that way before. :up:

Regarding Pop, everyone should remember that the last time U2 did a big global stadium-only tour it was in support of Pop. So logically all those stadium crowds have already heard Pop and U2 decided to play something different.

Of course, that line of reasoning really only works for the fans in the US and Canada, and not the Euro crowds.

I saw 2 shows (Phx & Vegas) and loved every minute. Even though the setlist was identical, U2 continue to make each show a separate and individual experience/vibe.

My one and only complaint would be too much ATYCLB - although I do love Stuck in a Moment acoustic, playing 5 songs was a bit much when songs like Bad, New Year's Day or anything from Pop could have easily been switched in from time to time.

I still had a blast and am going through a slight case of "U2 concert withdrawl syndrome." I guess that's what bootlegs are for! :D

My one and only complaint would be too much ATYCLB - although I do love Stuck in a Moment acoustic, playing 5 songs was a bit much when songs like Bad, New Year's Day or anything from Pop could have easily been switched in from time to time.

Yeah, this would be the one minor quibble I have as well. Really a shame Bad only got played once in the US (although thank goodness I was at that show!).

I still loved the shows, though!

I really didn't care for Leg 1. It was all in Europe and stuff.

:wink:

Leg 2--4 shows, very satisfied. My main concern was that the stage would overwhelm the music, but it was not even close. How something that big could be so versatile and seamless in the show is amazing.

And I LOVE stadium crowds!!!

My only whine is about the opener and the closer. Breathe just doesn't cut it for me as an opener. It should start an encore.
MOS, was okay as a closer. But, after Walk On from Elevation and the slightly more random nature of the closer during Vertigo, MOS was a little disappointing.

Mark

Breathe should have closed the 1st set (after Walk On). Crowd would have been loosened up by then.

And Boots, NLOTH, or Being Born should have opened.

NLOTH rocked my socks off :wave:

The 3 shows I've been to this year were my first and it was even better than I could've dreamed. In the 4 years I was waiting for a U2 concert I would have never imagined I would see UV and Bad (chance was bigger on that one ofcourse), both my favourites, live on this HUGE stage.
POPmart was the DVD I watched the most and I never thought they could top this, I think they did:D The shows were absolutely amazing.
One small note, the opening was super weak imo. Expected more from it having this stage and all. Whenever I hear Fez-being born I can see the band walk up and the crowd going mad in my head. I think that would've been a way better opener. Breathe sounded like it was still Snooze Patrol playing.
Also, stuck and IALW are boring. Drop them please.....replace them with MOFO/discotheque after Crazy tonight and the place will blow up!
Got 2x seats and 1x GA this year. GA was pretty cool but with this stage, seats are awesome aswell; not feeling your feet hurt from standing since 16:30 etc is what I prefer :wink:!

I do hope they change the setlist up big time next year in belgium/germany :D, oh and The Killers as support act would be my dream :love:

hanvt seen the guys since 2005 i was pleased with the
360 tour shows i attended.the 3 Croke park shows and
Glasgow show was Great.it takes my tally to 17shows since
1987 seeing the guys.the new songs sounded really great
live:up:theres not one song i didnt like. i hope for 2010 though
we get Fez/Stand up comedy/and sum tunes from POP
and '2 hearts beat as one' would really make my day.i also
think we may have sum new tunes?

ohh enjoyed these shows better than the Vertigo tour
and to me its just gonna get better in 2010:applaud:

Amen

I went to 4 shows (2 RZ, 2 in the circle) and loved each one a little more than the previous one.

I think most of the new songs translated really well live. That alone makes this tour superior to Vertigo, in my opinion. If only they'd ditch a couple of the ATYCLB songs, I'd have no complaints at all with the setlists.

UV is the clear highlight of the tour for me so far. Blows me away every time I see it.

I think most of the new songs translated really well live. That alone makes this tour superior to Vertigo, in my opinion.
They took a few shows to grow on me, but in the end, I was really in love with SYCMIOYO and Miracle Drug. And I wish Original Of The Species and Crumbs From Your Table would have been played more. I :heart: both.

It's been brilliant.

Glendale/Phoenix was my first U2 show ever. And while the set could have been better, it was by no means a disappointment.

Best live "Streets" ever... I was almost in tears of joy, it was that good. I was so glad they brought back TUF and UV. Both were amazing.

Also... UC was freaking epic.

And then the claw. Heck, my brother who is into gangsta rap and thinks U2 sucks, saw my pic of the claw and said it was nice!

Only thing I don't like is that ATYCLB is my least favorite album, and they are featuring half of it on their setlist. I would only keep Walk On & Beautiful Day (just because they'll never drop this one). I would drop Stuck, I A Little While & Elevation, no point on playing them all, and Stuck really is boring in my opinion. Other than that I think the show is awesome, new songs sound great, stage is amazing and they still have a great live presence.

I saw 4 shows (Berlin, Amsterdam1, Dublin1 and Toronto1).
This tour is amazing .... and Dublin1 was an experience for itself :love:

I experienced my first U2 concert in Vancouver and it was amazing. No criticism for the music or the boys. I can't wait for my second show in Edmonton - now that I know the awesomeness they deliver it is a little painful to wait till June for my next fix. I didn't take my guy the first time but I am this time - the stage is something else and will impress even a lukewarm fan. Scored my first GA for Edmonton. Yahoo!
:love:

Super good stuff. :up: I think the new stuff resonated well with us diehards but may not have played well with the 'casual fans'.

I saw 4 shows this leg and I'm hoping for a couple changes for 2010, nothing drastic, mind you, but I will be a bit disappointed if I see 6 shows and every single one is the same exact set list.

I saw six shows on leg 1 (which I feel is the better leg of the tour) and I couldn't have been more pleased. I had the time of my life at the shows and have so many fond memories. I was very pleasently surprised how well the new stuff was translated live and I'm glad they actually kep on playing all the 7 new songs for both legs - with the exception of the break Unknown Caller took for some shows.

I miss U2 and can't wait to see them again.

Super good stuff. :up: I think the new stuff resonated well with us diehards but may not have played well with the 'casual fans'.

I saw 4 shows this leg and I'm hoping for a couple changes for 2010, nothing drastic, mind you, but I will be a bit disappointed if I see 6 shows and every single one is the same exact set list.

Me too. I was hoping for, & expecting, changes for the Vancouver show. Last night of the leg, first show after the Rose Bowl (& it's preceding 'rehersal' nights), but no such luck. Still the show did feel quite different, when viewed from different locations around the stadiums.

Mix it up, a little, next time please :pray:

I have been going to U2 tours since POP (having missed JT and Zoo). My opinion is that this band just keeps getting better and better each tour/era hold a very special place in my heart and as time goes by I appreciate them even more. I really LOVE the set list the visuals are AMAZING and the band is full of energy! I saw them 3 times this past leg
AZ, LV, LA and already have tix for the 2 California shows and waiting for WA, and hopefully will go to the CO show and Im thinking Mexico (maybe)I know that there will be new surprises as well as new songs (if they manage to keep that deadline for Songs of Decent. )
Overall I get so excited to see all over again.

Back
Top Bottom