Only 1 support act per gig?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyJB

Refugee
Has anyone heard anything more about this? It seems there will only be 1 support act per gig at the moment, which seems a bit strange since the last few tours have all had 2.

Personally I reckon U2 need to get White Lies as a support band. Very good U2-inspired new band.

i thought that the dublin gigs have more than one opening act this tour? I am not sure if that's true, thought I read it somewhere.. Anyone know this for sure?

I didn't know that about the US but I'm pretty sure the last few European tours have had 2 support acts per gig. Definitely in the UK nearly all big stadium shows will have 2 support acts.

I went to Giants Stadium on Popmart and support was Long Pigs and Fun Lovin Criminals. Cant speak for rest of tour though

OK, yeah I wasn't sure, the three Popmart gigs I saw only had one each...

Rage Against the Machine

Smashmouth

Third Eye Blind

definately the worse tour as far as opening acts go.

Does someone has an overview of support acts?

I am wondering who we will get in Amsterdam (please, no black eyed pies).

Vertigo was 2 support acts, but elevation tour only had one in Netherlands (Kelis....)

we had The Bodeans and The Pretenders opening up in Oakland '87. I missed the Bodeans set but the Pretenders were great!

Third Eye Blind were terrible, I would have like to have seen Rage though...

Rage was interesting...

I'm not the biggest Rage fan, I think a lot of their songs sound the same, but I can respect what they are doing.

But it was quite funny, they introduced their last song with a rant towards policemen and then tied it into a rant towards the security at the show, called them all "pigs" and he was hoping to get an agreeing response from the audience and the audience just sat their in silence... There were definately Rage fans there, and even they were quiet...

On Popmart, Madison, WI had the Fun Lovin' Criminals as the opening act.

They were not good. Even their lame attempt at their horn player playing "On Wisconsin" on his flugelhorn could not save their asses.

:down:

At Notre Dame 10/10/01, we got Garbage. :huh:

United Center Chicago 5/9/05 was Kings of Leon, and United Center 9/20/05 was Dashboard Confessional.

I was hoping for someone like Editors, but I'm happy with Snow Patrol at Soldier Field, and then Muse in Charlottesville. No Black-Eyed Peas for me, thank you very much!

At Notre Dame 10/10/01, we got Garbage. :huh:

United Center Chicago 5/9/05 was Kings of Leon, and United Center 9/20/05 was Dashboard Confessional.

I was hoping for someone like Editors, but I'm happy with Snow Patrol at Soldier Field, and then Muse in Charlottesville. No Black-Eyed Peas for me, thank you very much!

I didn't realize you were going to C'Ville. I going to that show too.. :hyper: So glad too that I don't have to listen to BEPs.. ugh.

I was wondering about this. If I remember correctly, in North America last tour, the start time noted on the ticket was 7:30. The opener went on then, till about 8:15, and then U2 at 9. This tour, it's 7:00. So that means that they've set aside a tiny amount of time for a second opener (unlikely), the one opener has longer to play (doubt it), or that U2 will play longer than the standard 2 hours (hopefully). What do you all think?

Back
Top Bottom