Online petition for normal volume @S. Siro - please sign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonofab

Babyface
Hi,

Some residents of the San Siro area in Milan have managed to get the volume significantly reduced for the two concerts next week. This is going to seriously damage the event. In case you plan to attend these concerts, or if you just want to show your support, you may sign the online petition we prepared: Volume U2 S. Siro

Thanks for your help and support.

The text is in Italian; the translation follows:

We kindly ask the authorities not to limit the volume of upcoming U2 concerts to 78 dB as we read in the newspapers, but to allow the level requested by the band and by the promoters. More than 160000 people have bought tickets for these shows; we think this huge and peaceful crowd has the right to enjoy the shows at the same standards planned for other cities, inside and outside Europe. If this is not done, important musical events will prefer less narrow-minded cities to Milan in the future, damaging its economy and reputation. It already happened with Bruce Springsteen. Do not let it happen again.

Thanks to the San Siro residents for their understanding.

i'm not sure i understand. but if this is for the band turning the volume up, i'm all for it.

Local authorities want to limit the volume perceived in the residential area to 78 dB, following a protest organised by a few local residents. Promoters asked for 80 dB, which makes a huge difference because of the logarithmic scale. We are asking to keep 80 dB.

Just follow this link: Volume U2 S. Siro

If you scroll down you will find a button with "firma" (sign) written on it -you just push it and enter your name and family name ("nome", "cognome"), your e-mail address ("la tua e-mail") and your city code ("CAP").

Thanks for your help!

Kind of silly. I mean, its only for 2 nights right? Wear earplugs if you dont like it. lol.

78 dB???? That's the amount of sound a sportscar is making!!!

This is going to be my first U2 concert ever, I'm looking forward to it for FIVE years now. This can't be true.
I just signed the petition.

We are 101 now and running... Not so many, but I started this only 6 hours ago. Please keep signing and thanks for your help.

Ciao
Fabrizio

It is for outside the stadium. Otherwise, we would hear really nothing ;-)

Omg what a limit... Even our lawnmower makes 100db's...

I know it's for the outside but still come on it's a concert what do you expect?

That really sucks. I'm not going to Milan, but I'm going to sign the petition to help out

I signed it.

But should have written an English version as well. As you say yourself, many people have bought tickets to these concerts, not only Italians.

GOOD LUCK!!

Signed, U2 will break those rules if they have to, i'm sure of it:up:

The band won't respect this limit, they'll rather be fined. That's ridiculous. The crowd will make more noise than that. Don't worry.

I would sign, but it's not really my business since I don't live in Milan and I'm not going to either of the shows (although I wish I was, and I'll be in attendance via setlist parties!).

Meh, it's Italy. I'm sure they'll find a way to "accidentally" turn up the volume (or find the right person to pay to overlook the ordinance).

First, it was Barcelona who penalized the band over noise..............now, it's Milan's turn? :doh:

Will Paris and Nice follow suit...? What's wrong with European officials? :|

I guess U2 won't worry about it and will play on normal volume. A 15.000-30.000 euro fine won't be a problem after two nights at San Siro. As far as it goes, I guess they could pay fines all over Europe only with Nou Camp money.

Back
Top Bottom