Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to decide if its worth joining u2.com this late in the game for the presale...

dreading trying to get tickets during the regular sale, whatwith the site breaking down (thinking of first leg vertigo chicago).

so, anyone have any opinions on whether any decent tickets would still be left when group c gets a chance at the presale?

Just had a look at the U2.com website / message boards and Baja posted the following a little while ago (apols if this is somewhere else already . . . mods feel free to delete/move if necessary :) )

Ok party people, here is some info
Keep checking back to this specific post, as it will be updated with more info to help make the presales go smoothly. Please copy and distribute to any and all fan websites or mailing lists you are on.
READ THE ENTIRE POST
THEN READ IT AGAIN

We are aware that some of the presale emails have a misprint and contradict themselves on which seniority level the subscriber is in. A correction is forthcoming. Please check this post for a breakdown of the seniority categories. This should clear up any questions on which category you are in

WOO HOO!!!! The tour has been announced
So on your marks, get ready, GO!!!!

Questions? Yes, I know you have many, and as soon as I am given the OK, ill post the explanations. But I can tell you that the access to the pre-sale will be based on seniority with U2.com. Seniority IS NOT, REPEAT NOT based on your member number. WHY? Because there are a LOT of users that have a low #, (which is just the # on your account and when you signed up for U2.com) but let their accounts expire, so they go to the back of the line.

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE).

I will be collating the questions I see in the forum and answering them IN THIS POST. So please check back often.

If you have not gotten the email, DON'T WORRY (I haven't either, LOL) we send them out in batches or we would crash the system. Also, the codes are being loaded into the system, so please give us a day to get it done. It WILL be there. Links to the tour pre-sales will be emailed AND posted on the site, so you are covered. UPDATE : I have just been informed that emails will START to be sent in the next few minutes, please give it a day. CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!!!!!!

If you are having problems with access, please know we are working furiously to fix the technical issues, if you have messaged me or posted, you are good.

Lastly, due to the number of messages I am receiving, if you PM a question that is answered in any of the FEATURED TOPICS, I will delete it. So please READ THIS ENTIRE POST AND CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UPDATES

Did you you like the stage set up?
Baja

Hope that helps explain some of it

:wave:

(Got my email from U2.com about 5 hours ago . . . living in Australia though I still don't know whether to hang onto it in case its good for possible dates in 2010 or not :crazy:)

Has anyone asked Baja why some NA dates were announced and then went away? Please say they're still there and just waiting to be published!

I haven't got an email yet, but my code on the tours section shows U2A...hopefully, that's good. Been a paid subscriber since 2004 and Prop before that.

Still disagree about the seniority thing though.

I haven't got an email yet, but my code on the tours section shows U2A...hopefully, that's good. Been a paid subscriber since 2004 and Prop before that.

Still disagree about the seniority thing though.

yeah, that's the last hope i have too, except that i let my membership lapse for 2 years. but my code does say U2A.

Question;
On the last pre-sale, did you have a choice of either seats or GA's? Or first choice is whatever you get?

I believe you could choose between the different price levels (but I went straight for GA)

Well, I broke down and re-subscribed a few minutes ago. I let my subscription expire four years ago. I'm sure I'll be in the third group, but I haven't gotten the email yet. My code starts with C.

I hope I didn't just waste $50. I'm only interested in GAs.

I'm stressing out already. Buying U2 tickets is quite possibly my least favorite activity ever. :|

Still no e-mail... I've been a member since the propaganda years mid-80s and my presalecode starts with 2A etc.. I thought I would have had an email by now...
Just sit and wait...:hmm:

Still no e-mail... I've been a member since the propaganda years mid-80s and my presalecode starts with 2A etc.. I thought I would have had an email by now...
Just sit and wait...:hmm:

might depend on your name as well, ie they send out Horizon group alphabetically, then Breathe etc?

I'm Horizon and surname starts with F - got my email 5 or so hours ago :shrug: . . .

be patient it'll come :yes:

This may seem like a random question but its something that I need to clarify before the presale. Its mainly directed to people in the UK.

On the presale email, it says under 'Ways You Can Pay' that 'most major debit cards' are suitable forms of payment. I own a Natwest Maestro debit card, does anyone here use one of these, and do you believe that this should suffice? I emailed U2.com a few hours ago but obviously they've probably got tons of queries to deal with at the moment. Do you think if I contact my bank that they may be able to answer my question??

My e-mail says "as part of the ________ group of subscribers" [literally, there's just a blank in the message] and "as a paid up Horizon subscriber." I was psyched initially because "Horizon" was the only reference I saw, but apparently there's supposed to be another word in my e-mail - [and since my code is U2B, that is probably supposed to be Breathe] - bummer.
That is a confusingly drafted e-mail.

My text was in a light yellow and had to change it to black to read.......just a possibility yours might be the same.

might depend on your name as well, ie they send out Horizon group alphabetically, then Breathe etc?

I'm Horizon and surname starts with F - got my email 5 or so hours ago :shrug: . . .

be patient it'll come :yes:

Mine is 'Horizon Group' as well , sounds like the name of a nursing home . :lol:

does anyone know dates and times that concerts go on sale. If 3 days before, it means presales for Sweden/Italy start tomorrow!

this is all that's been posted on U2.com

Date Venue City State Country PUBLIC ON-SALE
30 June 2009 Camp Nou Barcelona ES ON SALE SOON!
07 July 2009 San Siro Milan IT Fri. 13 March
11 July 2009 Stade De France Paris FR ON SALE SOON!
15 July 2009 Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann Nice FR ON SALE SOON!
18 July 2009 Olympic Stadium Berlin DE ON SALE SOON!
20 July 2009 Arena Amsterdam NL Sat. 14 March
24 July 2009 Croke Park Dublin IE ON SALE SOON!
31 July 2009 Ullevi Stadium Gothenburg SE Fri. 13 March
06 August 2009 Slaski Stadium Chorzow PL ON SALE SOON!
10 August 2009 Stadium Makimir Zagreb HR ON SALE SOON!
14 August 2009 Wembley Stadium London GB ON SALE SOON!
18 August 2009 Hampden Park Glasgow GB ON SALE SOON!
20 August 2009 Don Valley Stadium Sheffield GB ON SALE SOON!
22 August 2009 Millenium Stadium Cardiff Wal. GB ON SALE SOON!
12 September 2009 Soldier Field Chicago IL US ON SALE SOON!
16 September 2009 Rogers Centre Toronto ON CA ON SALE SOON!
20 September 2009 Gilette Stadium Boston MA US ON SALE SOON!
24 September 2009 Giants Stadium New York NY US ON SALE SOON!

apologies if this already covered _ but I am in the Uk and can buy 4 tickets for 1 show, whereas in the US the 4 tickets can be spread across diff shows in the US ??? What gives _ hardly equal treatment !!!!! Mike:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom