Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here! I still have no email but my code starts with U2A.

I better be Horizon since I was Prop member and didn't let my U2.com membership lapse.

Same for me. No email yet but I have a U2A#. Was a Propaganda member then a member continuously on U2's site since it began.

Does anyone know if there´ll be just a small amount of tickets for each category at the presale? Or are 100% of the tickets available?

I´m a bit worried because I just signed up today - so I´m C. I wonder if there will still be GA tickets available when I get my chance. If not, I could have spent my 50 bucks for something better than this membership.

Same for me. No email yet but I have a U2A#. Was a Propaganda member then a member continuously on U2's site since it began.

I think if you've been a u2.com member the whole time you're definitely Horizon group--I joined when they mentioned presale tickets for Vertigo (which worked out nicely for me), and have been a member the whole time. That = Horizon for me.

My code starts with U2C....guess that might suck for me. I just signed up so I think I'm out of the "Horizon" group.

Does anyone know if there´ll be just a small amount of tickets for each category at the presale? Or are 100% of the tickets available?

I´m a bit worried because I just signed up today - so I´m C. I wonder if there will still be GA tickets available when I get my chance. If not, I could have spent my 50 bucks for something better than this membership.

I don't actually know how pre-sales work (and I assume they are different for different bands) but I was always under the impression that they are very deliberate about how many tickets and which tickets they release for pre-sales. It is not like all the tickets are available for browsing (as far as my experiences anyway). Oftentimes crap tickets are released during pre-sales so they have a better chance of being sold, then tickets at each price point, and not lots of great seats. Again, I'm not expert, that's just what I have seen and heard in my own experiences.

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered. I saw someone ask, but I couldnt find the answer (I'm being a bad boy and looking at Interference at work, so I cant spend too much time searching). I was a member of the fan club during the Vertigo tour, but havent renewed it since. Is it too late for me to renew my subscription and still get the presale code? I hope not :(

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered. I saw someone ask, but I couldnt find the answer (I'm being a bad boy and looking at Interference at work, so I cant spend too much time searching). I was a member of the fan club during the Vertigo tour, but havent renewed it since. Is it too late for me to renew my subscription and still get the presale code? I hope not :(

You can but from what I gathered you would be in the last group.

hmm....that's very confusing.

My e-mail says "as part of the ________ group of subscribers" [literally, there's just a blank in the message] and "as a paid up Horizon subscriber." I was psyched initially because "Horizon" was the only reference I saw, but apparently there's supposed to be another word in my e-mail - [and since my code is U2B, that is probably supposed to be Breathe] - bummer.
That is a confusingly drafted e-mail.

But what if I am not going to any of the shows that they are offering on opening day of the pre sale?

It is my understanding (and I have nothing to back it up) that either all venues will go on pre-sale at the same time (less likely) or each venue will have 3 days of pre-sale (more likely). So if you want to get tix for NY you can do it on day one (opening day) of NY pre-sale if you're in Horizon Group.

My e-mail says "as part of the ________ group of subscribers" [literally, there's just a blank in the message] and "as a paid up Horizon subscriber." I was psyched initially because "Horizon" was the only reference I saw, but apparently there's supposed to be another word in my e-mail - [and since my code is U2B, that is probably supposed to be Breathe] - bummer.
That is a confusingly drafted e-mail.

Just mouse over it and it will be become visable

It is my understanding (and I have nothing to back it up) that either all venues will go on pre-sale at the same time (less likely) or each venue will have 3 days of pre-sale (more likely). So if you want to get tix for NY you can do it on day one (opening day) of NY pre-sale if you're in Horizon Group.

My venue is not even on the list :sad:

Can I horizon myself for the next leg then? :hmm:

US folks buying Euro tickets?

So now that we have our presale codes I'm wondering 2 things:

1) does presale guarantee tickets?
2) other than having to get up early early in the am...should i anticipate any trouble buying tickets to a Euro show from the US? anyone else do this for Vertigo?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you use your presale code to buy tix on ticketmaster, or do you need to use the u2.com website, the reason I ask is my membership is a little screwed up (I have my presale code) but I have no access to the rest of the u2.com site, even though I'm a paid member...I'm a little worried that I wasted 50 bux for nothing....:sad::sad::sad::sad:

So now that we have our presale codes I'm wondering 2 things:

2) other than having to get up early early in the am...should i anticipate any trouble buying tickets to a Euro show from the US? anyone else do this for Vertigo?

Thanks!

No it doesn't guarantee but you are *almost* certain to get them in the pre-sales.

In the general sales it will be a monster bun-fight.

Just had a look at the U2.com website / message boards and Baja posted the following a little while ago (apols if this is somewhere else already . . . mods feel free to delete/move if necessary :) )

Ok party people, here is some info
Keep checking back to this specific post, as it will be updated with more info to help make the presales go smoothly. Please copy and distribute to any and all fan websites or mailing lists you are on.
READ THE ENTIRE POST
THEN READ IT AGAIN

We are aware that some of the presale emails have a misprint and contradict themselves on which seniority level the subscriber is in. A correction is forthcoming. Please check this post for a breakdown of the seniority categories. This should clear up any questions on which category you are in

WOO HOO!!!! The tour has been announced
So on your marks, get ready, GO!!!!

Questions? Yes, I know you have many, and as soon as I am given the OK, ill post the explanations. But I can tell you that the access to the pre-sale will be based on seniority with U2.com. Seniority IS NOT, REPEAT NOT based on your member number. WHY? Because there are a LOT of users that have a low #, (which is just the # on your account and when you signed up for U2.com) but let their accounts expire, so they go to the back of the line.

IF YOU WERE A PAID SUBSCRIBER AS OF 3/08/09 YOU WILL BE IN EITHER DAY 1 OR DAY 2 OF THE PRESALE

Also, there is NO cut-off date for access to the pre-sale. If you open a paid account on U2.com you will get a presale code. However, depending on your seniority, is when you will be able to buy your pre-sale tickets. So, the most senior members get first crack, which means best choice (SEE ABOVE).

I will be collating the questions I see in the forum and answering them IN THIS POST. So please check back often.

If you have not gotten the email, DON'T WORRY (I haven't either, LOL) we send them out in batches or we would crash the system. Also, the codes are being loaded into the system, so please give us a day to get it done. It WILL be there. Links to the tour pre-sales will be emailed AND posted on the site, so you are covered. UPDATE : I have just been informed that emails will START to be sent in the next few minutes, please give it a day. CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER!!!!!!

If you are having problems with access, please know we are working furiously to fix the technical issues, if you have messaged me or posted, you are good.

Lastly, due to the number of messages I am receiving, if you PM a question that is answered in any of the FEATURED TOPICS, I will delete it. So please READ THIS ENTIRE POST AND CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR UPDATES

Did you you like the stage set up?
Baja

Hope that helps explain some of it

:wave:

(Got my email from U2.com about 5 hours ago . . . living in Australia though I still don't know whether to hang onto it in case its good for possible dates in 2010 or not :crazy:)

Thanks!

I bought tickets for Barcelona during Vertigo using a presale code. Nothing different, other than learning your way around the website that will be selling the tickets. I'm fluent in Spanish so it wasn't a problem, however, I did have my doubts about the whole willcall situation so I sent some good friends in Spain a copy of my ID and credit card used to buy the tickets and they went to one of the outlets the next day and picked them up for me.

If I decide to go again to Barcelona I'll probably do the same thing.

I'd be interested to hear from people in the US who purchased Euro tickets last tour and had to pick them up at willcall. Did you have any problems?

Pre-sale doesn't guarantee, but last time keep in mind the pre-sale was for arenas. This tour is stadiums, so there's automatically more tickets to go around, so chances are much better.

Additionally, I got tickets in the first leg presale once U2.com fixed its problems, and also got seats in the third leg of US Vertigo arenas. So I'm guessing it will be easier this time.

Got tickets for Dublin in the pre-sale without any problems.

I bought tickets for Barcelona during Vertigo using a presale code. Nothing different, other than learning your way around the website that will be selling the tickets. I'm fluent in Spanish so it wasn't a problem, however, I did have my doubts about the whole willcall situation so I sent some good friends in Spain a copy of my ID and credit card used to buy the tickets and they went to one of the outlets the next day and picked them up for me.

If I decide to go again to Barcelona I'll probably do the same thing.

I'd be interested to hear from people in the US who purchased Euro tickets last tour and had to pick them up at willcall. Did you have any problems?

Thanks! Fingers crossed..

Pre-sale doesn't guarantee, but last time keep in mind the pre-sale was for arenas. This tour is stadiums, so there's automatically more tickets to go around, so chances are much better.

Additionally, I got tickets in the first leg presale once U2.com fixed its problems, and also got seats in the third leg of US Vertigo arenas. So I'm guessing it will be easier this time.

Got tickets for Dublin in the pre-sale without any problems.

Fab.. I am going for Dublin too.. already booked my hotel (hope that does not jinx me)

Question;
On the last pre-sale, did you have a choice of either seats or GA's? Or first choice is whatever you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom