Official "Bitch about the stupid mask" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, there is no defending this. Most of my friends may casually like U2's music, but think they're a bunch of ego manaics, or just plain old wankers. "This song is not a rebel song dude....."

Just as I get a few people to realize that U2 actually makes good music and isn't always focused on saving the world........

Tell me this day was just a bad dream and I have just woken up and nothing is wrong. :huh:

They can't be serious :lol:

Whose idea was this?

I can already hear Bono shout: Now get out your masks.

Or, if we don't: Get out your f u c k i n g masks! Now!

:lol:

I'm all for supporting Burma, but they can't honestly think people are really wearing these masks?

On the other hand: Will U2 stop playing Walk On if noone wears the mask?

:hmm:

Seriously, this will flop. Let's carry balloons instead.

and we still have the spiderman musical to look forward to.
oh and everything I said about yachts, musicals and middle of the road. I am never taking anything back again!

plays his old UF record and dreams of better times:sad:

i cannot fucking believe this. all the fucking technology and money in the world, and this is what they want us to do?

fuck man. fuck. sorry for all the swearing, but this is ridiculous.

Damn, I don't know what's worse: the mask or taking up precious setlist time with Walk On.

They can't be serious :lol:

Whose idea was this?

I can already hear Bono shout: Now get out your masks.

Or, if we don't: Get out your f u c k i n g masks! Now!

I'm all for supporting Burma, but they can't honestly think people are really wearing these masks?

On the other hand: Will U2 stop playing Walk On if noone wears the mask?

:hmm:

Seriously, this will flop. Let's carry balloons instead.

maybe if I bring a lightbulb they will play elec.co again :hmm:

i cannot fucking believe this. all the fucking technology and money in the world, and this is what they want us to do?

fuck man. fuck. sorry for all the swearing, but this is ridiculous.

I think you didn't say "fuck" often enough. :wink:

i normally separate the music from bono's bullshit, but this is un-ignorable

Hey, why does everything have to be Bono's fault? For all we know, it could be Larry's idea.

Or the guys on U2.com were just bored and decided to do this themselves.

With the technology they're using at the show, I'm sure they will just project the masks onto our faces, no matter if we want to or not.

Damn, I don't know what's worse: the mask or taking up precious setlist time with Walk On.

i'm actually really pumped for Walk On....one of my favorite U2 songs of all time.

by the way people, don't completely overreact here and let it ruin your "pre-tour buzz". that's just idiotic. this sucks, but not THAT much.

with all of the great songs they are practicing and the way the Set List is shaping up. I just knew they would have to do something lame, I was expecting a 20-30 minute speech on something from Bono (which I would take after seeing this) but this is taking lame into the stratosphere

W...T...F... :|

what's the feeling on other message boards? surely NO fan is going to go for this?

For the first time ever I feel he just DOESN'T FUCKING GET IT. :down:

He reckons we're a sophisticated fan base, well treat us like it...

Can we actually get them to take it down, quickly?!

i'm actually really pumped for Walk On....one of my favorite U2 songs of all time.

by the way people, don't completely overreact here and let it ruin your "pre-tour buzz". that's just idiotic. this sucks, but not THAT much.

Agree with both.

That's what I sometimes cannot understand about this forum: Intead of laughing something just off, people act as if their lives are depending on a U2 concert.

Seriously, if no one wears that stupid mask, they will drop this idea very soon, so let's just b-o-y-c-o-t it.

Yes! Rebellion against U2!!!

And I LOVE Walk On!

i should ease up on the swearing, but man, i can't wait to see what happens from this...

as in, i hope I never see these masks again.

medium.jpg

let me refresh your memory :wink:

with all of the great songs they are practicing and the way the Set List is shaping up. I just knew they would have to do something lame, I was expecting a 20-30 minute speech on something from Bono (which I would take after seeing this) but this is taking lame into the stratosphere

W...T...F... :|

Well, you can actually chose between mask and 30 minutes speech.

Come on people, stop being so damn melodramatic. Life is serious enough.

Yeah, I like to hate on Walk On but I do like it. But I think what it had to offer as a great live track was mostly tied to a very specific point in time. Looks like there are a lot of great songs being brought back, so I won't complain. Yet. :wink:

I think you didn't say "fuck" often enough. :wink:

Hey, why does everything have to be Bono's fault? For all we know, it could be Larry's idea.

Or the guys on U2.com were just bored and decided to do this themselves.

With the technology they're using at the show, I'm sure they will just project the masks onto our faces, no matter if we want to or not.

I bet it was the Brainiac that picked GOYB as first single

Well, you can actually chose between mask and 30 minutes speech.

Come on people, stop being so damn melodramatic. Life is serious enough.

I don't know what's funnier you taking me serious or you somehow (not surprisingly) defending this

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom