Official "Bitch about the stupid mask" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that does sound lame. I take back what I said about them not being dumb during concerts, they're ridiculous and I agree with those who say it is a waste of paper and they'll only be trod upon, stomped into mud and beer after the show and add to the garbage. But still the whole idea of wearing them in public is so crazy it should be embarrassing to the band already.

Somebody posted somewhere that they put out a call for girls to do this (they had to be available for both shows), they wanted NON U2 fans only. :shrug: I have no idea... can't remember where I read it either. Sorry. Maybe someone else will recall.

Somebody posted somewhere that they put out a call for girls to do this (they had to be available for both shows), they wanted NON U2 fans only

were the boys worried they would get jumped by girl fans or something? :D

Found this on flickr :lol:

3681253720_c61be01c4a.jpg

scary!

It's pretty horrible, but imagine how hysterical it would be if EVERYONE in the stadium put theirs on at the same time. Man... that would be epicly hilarious.

This thread died, and I wonder why I would ever think of reviving it, but hey, I 'masked up' in Chicago for Walk On, and no one teased me or hurt me or anything.

When I put on my binoculars to spot Mom and Dad across the stadium, they were easy to find, 'cause they were the only people in their section with the masks out.

But I think it works as a gesture no matter how few do it. The people onstage are the volunteers we saw outside at the One, Amnesty, and Burma booths.

One middle-aged man of apparently Asian descent who was working at the Burma table was so visibly excited when we took the masks they were passing out, and I said we would wear them. It was intense--his emotion and enthusiasm and gratitude were real. Then, later, when I had my mask out and saw him onstage, I felt the connection again.

At the end of the day, the song Walk On is amazing and the cause legit. I was really moved and glad to be masking it.

Edge agrees in this video:
U2.com > Sign In

To be honest for the 2nd Chicago show (I really couldn't see what was going on during the 1st show) the response in the pit with people holding up the mask was better than any of the 4 European shows I had seen. I think even Bono noticed it.

ETA: Cool clip. Yep, that confirms that they noticed the response.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom