Official "Bitch about the stupid mask" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think she and her situation are important, and while normally I'd say it's good to call attention to her situation, in this case I have to say:

OH JESUS GOD, NO.

Ridiculous and dare I say a little embarrassing that this is what they came up with?

Totally speechless. Awful. Breaking the flow of the show to lecture us on cell phones (Bono and his dangerous devices chat) was bad enough... but this could be lowest gimmick of them all. There are literally 1,000,000 ways you could honor this important humanitarian cause aside from this stunt. This is pathetic bordering on tasteless.

It reads like an article from The Onion and it makes me very afraid of what is planned for this tour.

I'm pretty sure this will die before the public ever catches wind...

If not, I'm not sure what you're talking about I'm a Rush fan.

Let me get this straight, you want concert goers to listen to "My Humps" during the opening act and then put on an Amnesty mask to top the night?

Two, no, three words: Spinal freaking Tap

although having a washer drier up in place of guitar amps on stage is a little odd as well :lol:

:lol: this is freaking brutal! The fans won't do this and the casual fans who attend sure as hell won't. This idea is pathetic. Seriously at what point did they as a group think "Yeah guys that's an awesome idea. let's do it. Masks for everyone!!!!!" TERRIBLE!

I'll start shooting rubber bands at the band if they decide to wear this. And urge the rest of the GA pit to do the same. :|

if this get reported on in the wider world it will be over forever as far as credibility goes in some quarters, it's actually pretty sinister and in bad taste. I sincerely cannot believe that this has been passed by all the people in their inner circle as "ok". It's actually comedy genius, but for the fact it's serious.

I vote for worst thing that U2 have ever done...

Michael Jackson mentioned in Playboy Mansion, and now this. It just stacks the fuck right up.

:lol: I forgot about the MJ reference. Weird.

some one needs to start the petition against this now and we can all sign it. I don't know how or I would but the band has to seriously know this is a terrible idea.

I'll 3rd it a the worst idea ever by the band

Worst career move ever.

I think Bono has the hots for Miss Suu Kyi

Playing the song you wrote about the bloody woman is plenty respectful. Bono you are a toss pot

Hey, I just saw something cool out in the ocean....

A shark jumped over this surfer dude and.....

Bono, U2, you do this, you've lost all touch of reality and you've officially "Jumped the Shark"...

Now I appreciate the Kings Of Leon shows I go to.... All rock, no schlock...

Can't we just listen to music anymore? Imagines/Visuals are so much more compelling than a mask or Bono talking and talking (granted he's done this his whole career....).

they could rehearse god part II or hawkmoon today, and all i'd see is that stupid fucking mask :mad:

Back
Top Bottom