Official "Bitch about the stupid mask" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sure by now U2 management knows that fans arent too fond of the whole "mask" idea, and I would hope that they would bring down the (u2.com) webpage with all of the "Walk On/Mask" information.

I do believe they should encourage their fan base to further look into this "just" cause, and bring attention and stir up a movement by other means, because, lets be honest, "wearing" a mask in a concert where we will all be secluded in, will not speak out to others in the rest of the world, additionally, it will be a mood killer!

Just my two cents.

adammask.jpg

people get ready.

OMG..:lol:

Ever since an American man swam up to and entered her home uninvited, she has been held in a prison in Burma. NOT her home. She has been denied visits by her doctor and only very few people have been able to see her.
Her life is in danger now as she's ill and cannot get medical aid in prison.

I don't know how it will help. I only know that when Bono mentioned Apartheid, Bishop Tutu's daughter contacted him to let him know that many more joined the fight.
When he did the Vertigo tour and had people texting to the One Campaign, it doubled it's target membership (2 million instead of 1).
So what happens at these concerts does matter.

I'll leave it up to Bono to figure out how it will work.

I'm not saying anyone else should do this. I just feel that I should. Dorky, dumb or whatever...if it will help, I'm in.

Whatever you feel about the mask idea, please don't dishonor her.

Birdlover

Students and opposition leaders are being slaughtered in Iran, just because they want to be free. That's more important to me and the wider world then Burma ever will be.

Students and opposition leaders are being slaughtered in Iran, just because they want to be free. That's more important to me and the wider world then Burma ever will be.

no oil in Burma is there...

no oil in Burma is there...

It's not about oil..don't simplify it with that blood for oil stupidity. It's about having a stable nuclear armed middle eastern country that is friendly toward the western world. Iranians actually want to be free and are trying to make it happen. They want to overthrow an oppressive, tyrannical intolerant regime.

It's not about oil..don't simplify it with that blood for oil stupidity. It's about having a stable nuclear armed middle eastern country that is friendly toward the western world. Iranians actually want to be free and are trying to make it happen. They want to overthrow an oppressive, tyrannical intolerant regime.

i'm really sorry - i speed-read your post as "Iraq", and was thinking how our governments are v. quick to act in the name of "democracy" when there are other underlying motives and resources involved

totally aware and sympathetic re. situation in Iran, yes

but if they want to "overthrow an oppressive, tyrannical intolerant regime" as you say, well, what's the difference with Burma then? are you not interested because there is no obvious threat to you personally then?

oh and
It's not about oil..don't simplify it with that blood for oil stupidity

i'm entitled to my opinion

i'm really sorry - i speed-read your post as "Iraq", and was thinking how our governments are v. quick to act in the name of "democracy" when there are other underlying motives and resources involved

totally aware and sympathetic re. situation in Iran, yes

As soon as I see the oil thing mentioned with Iran I go into a kneejerk reaction.

They should bring awareness toward the Iranian situation because western media has largely dropped the ball on covering it.

People are fighting for democracy, against a military regime in Burma as well, you know. And I have a feeling they don't give a shit about what's important to you or your definition of the "wider world". No offense.

alright this is how i see it.

This lady is obviously a very strong woman that has gone through a lot in life and yes we should pay our respects to her, but I believe this is the wrong way to do it. We are at a CONCERT and even if the song is wrote for her and many songs are about spiritual and religion and so forth, U2 fans don't want to be preached at a concert. Bono's speech before One on the Vertigo tour was boring even though it was for a good cause and his speech is acceptable, but wearing a mask (Come on, this is not a KISS concert!) of some woman who most of us never heard before in our lives (and I'm speaking of the general public) just does not seem right.

Sorry if this is not coming out right, but come on people who go to concerts want to listen to music and rock out and go crazy, not talk about politics and important people.

AS IF!!! I can't wait to see how many fans are actually gonna show up with masks...:down:

Back
Top Bottom