NY2 Rescheduled!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GretzkyU2Yanks

Acrobat
this is an email I just received from TM.

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event.
U2 360° Tour, scheduled at the Giants Stadium on Friday, September 25, 2009, at 7:00PM, has been rescheduled. The new date is Wednesday, September 23, 2009, at 7:00PM. The U2 performance on Thursday, September 24th will proceed as scheduled. The change was necessitated by the rescheduling of the New York Jets football game later that week. We regret the inconvenience to U2 fans.
Original tickets will be honored for the new date. If needed you may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method.
If you have paperless tickets, ticketFast delivery, or your tickets were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you may obtain a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service no later than September 22, 2009 by 3:00PM ES/DT @ Ticketmaster - Help
Please provide your order number, name, and the last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase your tickets
If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets to:
Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
U2 360 Tour (NY1) Refund
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311
Please make a copy of the tickets for your own records before returning the physical tickets in the mail. Include the name & address on the account, your Ticketmaster order number, and a daytime telephone number in case we need to reach you. Your tickets must be received in our office no later than September 15, 2009 by 3:00PM ES/DT. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $4.00 per order processing fee, any ticketFast, or UPS delivery charges and in-store pick up charges are non-refundable. If you have any questions, please contact us online at:
Ticketmaster - Help
Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

From U2.com

SCHEDULING CHANGE FOR GIANTS STADIUM PERFORMANCE27 August 2009
The U2 concert previously scheduled for FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th, 2009 at Giants Stadium in New Jersey has been moved to WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23RD, 2009. The performance on Thursday, September 24th will proceed as scheduled.

The change was necessitated by the rescheduling of the New York Jets football game on Sunday September 27, 2009 from 4:15pm to 1pm out of respect for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, which starts that evening. Yom Kippur is the holiest day of the Jewish year.

The spectacular staging installation for the U2 360° tour requires up to 2 days to disassemble. The original 4:15 PM game time scheduled by the NY Jets provided enough time for the band to load out the set. The change to 1 PM was logistically impossible for U2. In order to accommodate the New York Jets, the NFL and the state of New Jersey, which owns the stadium, and out of respect for U2 and Jets' fans of Jewish faith, U2 agreed to move their show rather than pursue other options.

'We regret any disruptions this may cause U2 fans.' said Dennis Robinson, President and CEO of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority and Thad Sheely, Executive Vice President - Stadium Development and Finance of the New York Jets. 'Out of respect for the religious holiday it was critical that the game time was changed. The NJSEA, along with the Jets, want to thank U2, their management staff, their fans and Live Nation for their immediate response in helping us remedy this situation.'

Tickets for the Friday, September 25th performance will be honored at the newly announced show date of Wednesday, September 23rd. Refunds, if necessary, will be available starting Friday, August 28th (through September 22nd) at point of purchase for U2 ticket holders of the September 25, 2009 show who cannot make the September 23rd date.

The U2 360° Tour scheduled for Thursday, September 24th is not affected and will proceed as scheduled.

Also being discussed here:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...giants-stadium-east-rutherford-nj-195087.html

I'm going on Thursday. Ive noticed that usually U2 have saved the more obscure songs for the second night. For me this could be bad because out of the inconvenience U2 may choose to play special songs on Wed.

its nice of them to blame it on religious reasons so nobody can be upset, but really the NFL just wanted to change the timing of the game for TV reasons.

its not like Yom Kippur is suddenly occuring on the 27th at sunset. dont think they know this when the NFL schedule was made???

not blaming U2 of course...I guess they dont have as much clout as we like to think.

I just got the email from Ticketmaster. I think U2 should send out an email as well, but we know how well there emails get sent out

Um, the time of the game was change back in mid-April.... So its definitely took U2 a while to change the date...

yeah I just caught up on the other thread. that link you posted of the news article changes my view a TON.

had we even bought the tickets as of April 18th?? either way, its crap to wait this long.

let the U2 bashing in the media begin...

Fuck I specifically bought tickets to the Friday show off StubHub because I didn't have class. I have class all night Wednesday and already planned on skipping classes for the Thursday show. Needless to say I'm not thrilled about this.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

If U2 are in Vienna on the 26th for the M.J. tribute show,that will tell the change of the date.It has nothing with the jewish holiday or the time change on the jets game.

So don't be surprise that we'll read U2's presence for the M.J. show in the next couple of weeks.

If U2 are in Vienna on the 26th for the M.J. tribute show,that will tell the change of the date.It has nothing with the jewish holiday or the time change on the jets game.

So don't be surprise that we'll read U2's presence for the M.J. show in the next couple of weeks.

That will be interesting. Right now the rumour is that they will be the musical artist for the SNL season premiere in NY that Saturday the 26th.

I was wondering about that too. I thought maybe they would do something live via satellite, but what about the SNL rumors. If they were to fly to Vienna for the 26th, there is no way they could do SNL that same day

Um, I live in Vienna. No way U2 are coming to this scam of a tribute show.

Yeah, I have to agree with this. I really doubt U2 would risk pissing off 80,000 of their fans so that they can perform 1 or 2 songs at a tribute concert. I mean, even if they WERE to perform at the tribute concert, they could still do the show on Friday 9/25, then immediately after the concert fly (on their private plane) overnight to Vienna, and be able to perform a song or two that evening. I don't think the MJ tribute is the reason for switching the show- more likely that someone dropped the ball, or that they finally realized the load-out would be impossible for a 1 pm game (which they should've realized earlier)...

sorry to everyone who's inconvenienced by this. But I guess it's better than having them cancel the show altogether?

Yeah, it sucks indeed. Things like that happen with other bands and tours as well, but it still sucks. I hope people aren't affected too much and are still able to change their schedules/plans.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with living in New Jersey. I only have to switch work days

yeah it sucks, but its not the end of the world. its 'just' a concert after all. at least TM is offering a (almost full) refund and giving plenty of time to respond to cancel.

look on the bright side, anybody looking for GAs (I need 2 more) should be able to find them in a ticket drop for sure now.

sorry to everyone who's inconvenienced by this. But I guess it's better than having them cancel the show altogether?

I agree, and I feel bad for the people that are inconvenienced too.

But I had 2 shows from 2 other artists cancel on me so far this year (and NOT reschedule) and that is far worse. :angry:

What the @#$%#@#@$!!!!!
Laura, thanks for letting me know. If I change the hotel schedule, I'll have to see how much the new rate is going to be. It might not be the same rate. :(

This is a nightmare. I don't have any more days off from work. I'll have to get back after the show on the 24th or leave really early on the 25th to make it in to work so I can take Wednesday off. :rant:

its nice of them to blame it on religious reasons so nobody can be upset, but really the NFL just wanted to change the timing of the game for TV reasons.

its not like Yom Kippur is suddenly occuring on the 27th at sunset. dont think they know this when the NFL schedule was made???

not blaming U2 of course...I guess they dont have as much clout as we like to think.

It's all Mark Sanchez's fault. :ohsnap: For some reason the media is a smidge obsessed with him and now he's starting. Upon further review, maybe it is because of Yom Kippur...or maybe Sanchez has a ton of Jewish fans? Who knows.

For the record: I love Sanchez. J-E-T-S Jets!Jets!Jets!

Back
Top Bottom