NY2 Rescheduled!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
24th

I am relieved that the 24th show doesn't change as it is the only one I am attending

By the way if someone is interested I am giving for free a night in a double room at Sheraton Meadowlands for the night of Sept.24th (I paid in advance to get a nice rate but finally booked a hotel in Manhattan for the whole week)

I'll just have to put your name instead of mine and you won't have to pay anything at the hotel

Well, i guess i now have to hope that they come back with The Claw in 2010. Nice of them to not play a single show in NY or New England on a Friday or Saturday. It's 2 hours in either direction from where we are and BOTH stadiums (Boston & NJ) are absolute nightmares to get in and out of. Not to mention that we specifically picked the Friday show because we have had to save all of our off days for our honeymoon later in the year. Grrrrr. Surely this wouldn't have happened if they hadn't made up a new Jewish holiday this year. What's that? This has been around for centuries?? Oh, well, i guess maybe this was avoidable then! The excuse they are using just doesn't sound all that believable. The football game was moved by 3 hours. If they were cutting it that close that 3 hours affects the game, how could they have even scheduled those dates in the first place??!?

This whole thing is a giant clusterfuck.

I am sick and tired of people high up not taking a moment to look at the calendar to see when the Jewish holidays are. They come and go every year, and althought the date might change, they still come and go every year. By now you would think it would be something that people would learn to schedule around (((said very quietly: especially as many of the TV and sports execs are Jewish.)))

I mean imagine someone saying out of respect they were altering the plans for some show due to Christmas because they did not bother to check when it was.

They can save all their "out of respect" bullshit. This is a fuck-up on the NFL's part as well as Principal Management. If there was even a question things would need to be rescheduled they should have changed the tour dates from the beginning. It is not like they are rescheduling due to weather, or a band member getting sick all of a sudden - they are rescheduling due to a holiday that occurs once a year EVERY YEAR.

Assholes.

I honestly think that each Friday ticket holder should get their money back whether they go to the show or not.

...And this should be paid for out of the New York Jets coffers.

If I sound bitter - I am - this fuckup also ruined my plans and I am only one out of 80,000.

:down:

wow... what about those who've booked flights to fly in specially for the 25th?

bit late notice for this type of thing i think... :down:

Not happy--but what can I do? I am still seeing 2 U2 shows...

Is there any word yet on entry to the claw for North American shows? I cannot get there as early on Wed now...

Here is another novel idea - recruit 1000 locals to help tear down on Saturday and clean up. I would be happy to volunteer to spend that Saturday doing that. We could get the place spic and span (or at least clean enough for those dirty Jets fans.)

PS - Go Big Blue!

This whole thing is a giant clusterfuck.

I am sick and tired of people high up not taking a moment to look at the calendar to see when the Jewish holidays are. They come and go every year, and althought the date might change, they still come and go every year. By now you would think it would be something that people would learn to schedule around (((said very quietly: especially as many of the TV and sports execs are Jewish.)))

I mean imagine someone saying out of respect they were altering the plans for some show due to Christmas because they did not bother to check when it was.

They can save all their "out of respect" bullshit. This is a fuck-up on the NFL's part as well as Principal Management. If there was even a question things would need to be rescheduled they should have changed the tour dates from the beginning. It is not like they are rescheduling due to weather, or a band member getting sick all of a sudden - they are rescheduling due to a holiday that occurs once a year EVERY YEAR.

Assholes.

I honestly think that each Friday ticket holder should get their money back whether they go to the show or not.

...And this should be paid for out of the New York Jets coffers.

If I sound bitter - I am - this fuckup also ruined my plans and I am only one out of 80,000.

:down:

Just wanted to let you know that your not the only one who got blown out of the water with this news. My friend just informed me that she can not make the rescheduled show on the 23rd becuase she's going to see Dave Matthews. Oh well hopefully they come around again or its the tour DVD for me. :angry:

Here is another novel idea - recruit 1000 locals to help tear down on Saturday and clean up. I would be happy to volunteer to spend that Saturday doing that. We could get the place spic and span (or at least clean enough for those dirty Jets fans.)

PS - Go Big Blue!

I am sure there are union rules that go against hiring locals. Still they should have been able to figure out an alternative to changing the date. This is really unacceptable.

I guess the lesson here is no one ***** w/ the Jets and Springsteen in Jersey. They are always going to win the battle.

I am sure there are union rules that go against hiring locals. Still they should have been able to figure out an alternative to changing the date. This is really unacceptable.

I guess the lesson here is no one ***** w/ the Jets and Springsteen in Jersey. They are always going to win the battle.

I dont know why you cant **** with the Jets their lucky if the get 30,000 fans per game.

There are some IATSE rules, yes, but they can hire outsiders if they sign paper work. They would have to get paid though, they couldnt do it a free. And you get a cool U2 Local Crew shirt after too ha. But, I have worked for IATSE before without being apart of them

SMB

Um, the time of the game was change back in mid-April.... So its definitely took U2 a while to change the date...

Maybe they needed to figure out the logistics of getting the claw up and down and now that they've done Europe, they now know it would be impossible to get things cleaned up by the time the NFL (Jets) need it.

Maybe they needed to figure out the logistics of getting the claw up and down and now that they've done Europe, they now know it would be impossible to get things cleaned up by the time the NFL (Jets) need it.

They've been putting up/taking down the claw since the end of June. Two months ago.... I think they'd have to be pretty stupid to wait until the end of the European tour to figure this out... If the Jets/NFL notified U2 back in mid-April when the time changed (or if some in U2's camp even noticed this, I am assuming they keep monitoring the situation at all venues. At least I hope they do), then most of the blame lies in U2's lap. Sorry, but thats just the truth..

Not about the rescheduling but the late notice of rescheduling. Once the time was moved up by 3.25 hours. U2 should have had a conference about if this affects things and if they thought at all it would be a problem, then they should have rescheduled back in late-April/ early-May. Probably less fans would have been screwed over...

Still I can't believe that 3.25 hours would cause a rescheduling. Why don't they just start the damn concert at 5pm then. The sunsets at 647pm on the 25th... They come on at 7pm instead of 9pm...

According to local newspapers here, Michael really liked the Austrian castle/s and Schonbrunn is the most famous one. Allegedly the stage will be crown-shaped.

They've been putting up/taking down the claw since the end of June. Two months ago.... I think they'd have to be pretty stupid to wait until the end of the European tour to figure this out... If the Jets/NFL notified U2 back in mid-April when the time changed (or if some in U2's camp even noticed this, I am assuming they keep monitoring the situation at all venues. At least I hope they do), then most of the blame lies in U2's lap. Sorry, but thats just the truth..

Not about the rescheduling but the late notice of rescheduling. Once the time was moved up by 3.25 hours. U2 should have had a conference about if this affects things and if they thought at all it would be a problem, then they should have rescheduled back in late-April/ early-May. Probably less fans would have been screwed over...

Still I can't believe that 3.25 hours would cause a rescheduling. Why don't they just start the damn concert at 5pm then. The sunsets at 647pm on the 25th... They come on at 7pm instead of 9pm...

and Giants Stadium is kind of out in the middle of nowhere, so I can't imagine they would have to worry about noise curfews and could work around the clock to get the claw down.

According to local newspapers here, Michael really liked the Austrian castle/s and Schonbrunn is the most famous one. Allegedly the stage will be crown-shaped.

I'm sorry but that's quite tacky and typical of the Jackson's. Crown-shaped...like a king...the King of Pop. I for one won't be watching it.

These changes don't affect me because i'll be in NY on the 22nd anyways. I feel bad for the inconvenience this will cause everyone.

And couldn't they move the game to Monday night?

No, because there's one Monday night NFL game for broadcast each week. They'd have to change the date of another game too, lol. Schedule, Schedule, Schedule, Schedule!!!

These changes don't affect me because i'll be in NY on the 22nd anyways. I feel bad for the inconvenience this will cause everyone.

No, because there's one Monday night NFL game for broadcast each week. They'd have to change the date of another game too, lol. Schedule, Schedule, Schedule, Schedule!!!

Well, they could still have the game on Monday night, just wouldn't be televised...of course, it's about the almighty advertising dollar.

I REALLY feel sorry for anyone who has a conflict now with the new date and the fees they will incur from the airlines, and trying to get a decent hotel room, etc.

The person who twittered for atu2 said that it is going to cost them $500 to change their flight, since it is so late

Back
Top Bottom