Norman, Houston, Dallas - PreSale & General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amazing sales for Dallas. Looks like they may have sold over 70,000 tickets the first day. It should sellout easily before show time in October. It will likely set the attendance record for a concert in Texas.

i checked tm.com and it says my ticket has been printed, so that's good. they probably strapped on the shell of a turtle and pointed him in my general direction.

hope it gets here soon.

-dan

Hi sorry if this is obvious or has been asked before. This is my first U2 concert experience. I got two tickets yesterday for the Oct. Dallas show. I got the 55 dollar tickets and just put in best available. My confirmation says I'm in section FLD6 and then lists row and seat numbers. Is this GA? I can't find that section on the Stadium map but just making sure I know where I'm going to be or if I need to get there in the morning to camp out. Thanks!

This is really, really f*ckin annoying. I emailed Ticketmaster on Saturday about the problem with there being no option for International Will Call for the Norman show.

I had a response on Sunday saying "Thank you for letting us be of service to you. We really appreciate your custom and your comments. You are real just swell. We love you. You should select International Will Call from the list of options."

So I replied saying THERE IS NO International Will Call option - THAT is the problem you useless sycophantic muppets.

I had a reply on Monday saying that they would fix it.

I've been checking for $30 tickets every day and there are only single seats left. I've actually been offered the same seat every day. But I still can't buy the damn thing! It still isn't fixed.

Patience. Calm. Think of the colour blue, and butterflies, and rainbows ...

do they charge all the fees for red zone auction? if not, then that's a pretty good deal. it's only $45 more than a regular GA.

oh, I didn't know they were separate. I got Red Zone 1. That's Edge's side? Freaking awesome! $233 for a pair so just a minimal fee. $115 won the auction.

Does anyone here think Dallas audiences are kind of bland. Ive seen U2 there twice and the crowd is good at best. Anyone agree? Troy Aikman was said Cowboys fans are the quitest in the NFL. Iam on the fence about Dallas/Norman shows. I dont know which one to attend. I do know that for rock shows OKC is one of the best crowds in the U.S. , but I dont know if that will translate to a great audience for U2 in OKC.

Does anyone here think Dallas audiences are kind of bland. Ive seen U2 there twice and the crowd is good at best. Anyone agree? Troy Aikman was said Cowboys fans are the quitest in the NFL. Iam on the fence about Dallas/Norman shows. I dont know which one to attend. I do know that for rock shows OKC is one of the best crowds in the U.S. , but I dont know if that will translate to a great audience for U2 in OKC.

I've never seen a show in Dallas (this fall will be the first), but as far as crowd enthusiasm for the U2 shows I've seen they're in this order:

1. Salt Lake City - crazy loud - tons of die hard U2 fans (lots of singing along)
2. Phoenix - similar to Salt Lake City but not as loud
3. Los Angeles - solid crowd
4. San Diego - my only show here was the opener for the Vertigo tour. As such there were probably a lot of people who had flown in from elsewhere for the show. It was alright.

I've seen three U2 shows in Dallas. Crowd seemed fine to me, but I don't pay much attention to the crowd at a U2 show. It's me and the band.

I'm glad I don't have to drive to Dallas to see them on this tour! :hyper:

Ive seen three shows in Dallas too, and this year will make a fourth. I thought the crowd was pretty good. Going to see Depeche Mode in Dallas in August as well. But looking forward to Norman the most, because im from there i suppose and the last time u2 played here i was a kid.

I live in Dallas

Does anyone here think Dallas audiences are kind of bland. Ive seen U2 there twice and the crowd is good at best. Anyone agree? Troy Aikman was said Cowboys fans are the quitest in the NFL. Iam on the fence about Dallas/Norman shows. I dont know which one to attend. I do know that for rock shows OKC is one of the best crowds in the U.S. , but I don't know if that will translate to a great audience for U2 in OKC.

I have seen U2 here every tour since UFF ('85 front row center - 1st ever scalper tix)...through Vertigo tho' I missed Zoo and Pop due to starving artist issues. Every show (crowd wise) was amazing except for the Vertigo tour (from just outside the elipse) where the crowd seemed very "rich." It just felt like the entirety of the crowd didn't really catch the vibe that is necessary for a successful U2 show. That changed when Bono pulled Sunjay Devarajan out of the crowd to do Angel of Harlem and the energy level was through the roof through the end of the show.

The whole point is, you have to count on the band to gauge things and make the adjustments that ups the energy and makes the show exciting...I have never been completely disappointed in a U2 show and don't know if I ever will be...even in Dallas. Just my 2 cents.

Hope to see you here...I will be...Red Zone...I can't leave getting close to the stage to chance as my 11 year old son (his 2nd show) and 5 foot tall wife (her 3rd) will be there with me so this is the best way to make everyone happy. I can't wait!!!! :bonodrum:

Soooo excited! I'm seeing Houston, Dallas and Norman shows - all GA. OU grad (class of '96) and just thrilled I get to see them in OU's stadium!

Does anyone have a copy of their tickets for Norman handy? For some reason, I had an extra pair that I got through the fanclub presale, which I bought at 10:00am on Tuesday, April 14th. Since Ticketmaster didn't print the word "FAN" on them, the buyer thinks that my tickets are fakes or something. Does anyone have any Norman tickets bought through the pre-sale that have the word "fan" on them?

i just got tickets to Houston, and this will be my first time seeing U2 on the west coast (NY girl here). Any suggestions would be helpful!

First suggestion: locate the West Coast and make sure you don't end up there. Houston is nowhere near the West Coast.

I have seen U2 here every tour since UFF ('85 front row center - 1st ever scalper tix)...through Vertigo tho' I missed Zoo and Pop due to starving artist issues. Every show (crowd wise) was amazing except for the Vertigo tour (from just outside the elipse) where the crowd seemed very "rich." It just felt like the entirety of the crowd didn't really catch the vibe that is necessary for a successful U2 show. That changed when Bono pulled Sunjay Devarajan out of the crowd to do Angel of Harlem and the energy level was through the roof through the end of the show.

The whole point is, you have to count on the band to gauge things and make the adjustments that ups the energy and makes the show exciting...I have never been completely disappointed in a U2 show and don't know if I ever will be...even in Dallas. Just my 2 cents.

Hope to see you here...I will be...Red Zone...I can't leave getting close to the stage to chance as my 11 year old son (his 2nd show) and 5 foot tall wife (her 3rd) will be there with me so this is the best way to make everyone happy. I can't wait!!!! :bonodrum:

you didn't miss a thing by skipping that Pop show at the Cotton Bowl. Worst U2 show I've ever seen. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom