Norman, Houston, Dallas - PreSale & General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It wasn't possible to buy tix for Norman through Ticketmaster if you were outside the US and Canada. There wasn't a International Will Call option that was available for other US gigs. I was hoping to get $30 seats. Humpf.

It wasn't possible to buy tix for Norman through Ticketmaster if you were outside the US and Canada. There wasn't a International Will Call option that was available for other US gigs. I was hoping to get $30 seats. Humpf.

Well that's not going to help them sellout. I guess Norman doesn't want any foreigners coming to their town. ::| :doh: :huh:

i don't know what market they are trying to serve with Norman. It's obviously not Kansas City or St. Louis or Denver as those NFL teams are on the road that weekend. It can't be Texas, otherwise it'd be in Austin. So that means they wanted OK who obviously couldn't give a rat's ass about U2.

I don't think anyone ever kidding themselves by thinking this show would even sell respectably. I hope they don't cancel, for 2 reason:

1- those who bought tickets for this concert certainly deserve to see U2 live

2- U2 need to walk onstage and see a half full stadium or less... burst their bubble a little bit.

I wouldn't say NO ONE in Oklahoma wants to see u2. An arena show at the ford center would have sold out nicely. It's more of a problem with the scale of the show. That stadium holds 82K for football. It's huge. An in-the-round show for u2 might hold as many as 90K-95K. That's a crazy amount of seats for a state with 3.5 million people. Contrast that with, say Spain, population 40 million. Two shows. Huge difference. Imagine, one in every 35 or 40 people in the whole state would have to go to fill the thing. And with two shows in Texas, and the OU-texas game being the day before, it just wasn't reasonable...

Well that's not going to help them sellout. I guess Norman doesn't want any foreigners coming to their town. ::| :doh: :huh:

Yeah, I emailed Ticketmaster about eight hours ago about this problem and not heard a bean back. I guess someone forgot to tick an option box when they were creating the webpage and it wasn't picked up during any testing. Assuming they do test these pages of course.

a second dallas show would have sold better. i'd say of the people on this forum going to dallas, 3/4 are going to Norman.

id say give it some time, the sky isnt exactly falling yet, tickets have only been on sale officially to the public since this morning.

that said, i think they could do a little bit better promotion here. TV, radio, etc. I haven't seen anything about this on the news, just a few radio commercials and thats it. And it wouldnt hurt if local radio played something more recent than "Beautiful Day", id imagine Magnificent would go over pretty good if they'd ever play it.

Anyway we have six months to sell this thing out, or even get respectable numbers. Hopefully it will happen, i woudnt jump off any bridges just yet over one day of poor sales in one market.

The problem is that for all we know only half the GA's have been sold if that. Now that will be great for the fans on the field, but the show itself will be hampered.

The problem is that for all we know only half the GA's have been sold if that. Now that will be great for the fans on the field, but the show itself will be hampered.

"for all we know" is right, because truthfully we really don't know. You act as if ticket sales are going to end at midnight, which im pretty sure they won't unless someone pulls the plug. Chill out and relax, this thing will sell more with better promotion and as time passes. :sexywink:

what kind of seats are people getting for $95 in Norman? Yesterday during the presale (I missed the first day of presale hubbub!! :doh:) I was able to pull Section 29, but row 69 or something like that. Today I'm pulling section 27 Row 38. Made me wish I should've gotten the Section 29 yesterday!

You can't get GA's now 1 day after public sales started. Dont worry about Norman sales, worry about filling Jerry Worlds 8 billion seats. I'd rather see them in Norman in a smaller stadium.

You cant get a pair of the $30 tickets for the Norman show. GAs are gone . I think this show will be fine. I cant see them selling out the place though. $250 is alot of money for tickets to people in Oklahoma, but i hoe it sells out. I really want U2 to go there and blow people away.

You can't get GA's now 1 day after public sales started. Dont worry about Norman sales, worry about filling Jerry Worlds 8 billion seats. I'd rather see them in Norman in a smaller stadium.

It seems Jerry World would sell out much easier than OU stadium. Doesn't DFW have about 14 million or so times the amount of people that Norman does?

It seems Jerry World would sell out much easier than OU stadium. Doesn't DFW have about 14 million or so times the amount of people that Norman does?

Lol....You've got a point there, but there are plenty of people in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Kansas that would rather take the closer drive to Norman than Dallas. In the past Dallas drew LOTS of fans from Oklahoma to Dallas. In the end, both shows should do fine. I just think it's funny people talking about a half full stadium and a failure that could have been avoided by moving this show to X stadium or city.

Yeah, but the OKC metro area total is pretty big. Comparing Norman proper to D/FW is comparing apples to oranges - remember, Jerry World isn't just drawing from Arlington.

Yeah, but the OKC metro area total is pretty big. Comparing Norman proper to D/FW is comparing apples to oranges - remember, Jerry World isn't just drawing from Arlington.

Your point is valid. Going back to the original point - I don't think the argument that Jerry World will be more difficult to sell out due to the number of seats holds any water. DFW metro is approx. 6.6M, OKC is 1.2M. I'd prefer to see them both sell out!

I would have preferred the Cotton Bowl (outdoors, public transportation) but I don't think people are going to think twice about not going because its in Arlington. It's not like a Ranger game where there's 81 games. This is a one time event.

I would have preferred the Cotton Bowl (outdoors, public transportation) but I don't think people are going to think twice about not going because its in Arlington. It's not like a Ranger game where there's 81 games. This is a one time event.

To be honest, I'd like to go to the New Cowboy Stadium just to check it out. It'll be brand new, state of the art, and looks like an awesome place. That would be worth the price of admission by itself. I'm sure it will be a great show.

You cant get a pair of the $30 tickets for the Norman show. GAs are gone . I think this show will be fine. I cant see them selling out the place though. $250 is alot of money for tickets to people in Oklahoma, but i hoe it sells out. I really want U2 to go there and blow people away.

$250 is allot of money regardless of where you are in the country for a concert ticket! It's obvious that the U2 market is not as strong in Oklahoma as some other parts of the country but this concert will do just fine. Keep in mind this is over 6 months away and people are a little more concerned about OU/Texas tickets and paying for their Thunder season tickets. I'm sure getting a ticket the day of the show will be tough.
We can always dip into our horseshoe fund if we're short on cash!
:doh:

$55, just like every other concert on the tour.

As for Oklahoma, we all know that it sucks, so no surprise that it won't sell out.

45-35!

It is fun watching the wait time on Ticketmaster fluctuate up and down. But it's also nervewracking.

I had debated on buying a presale code for Dallas and did it at the last minute. I'm sure glad I did...I can't believe GA was all soldout before general onsale. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom