Norman, Houston, Dallas - PreSale & General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ya, I f'd it up and went to ticketmaster instead of following the link on my e-mail. oh well, i'll get tix on Friday.

If you are a breathe member you can go right now and get tickets.

well they must have fixed it, im a breathe member and it says my password is not active so i guess i will try tomorrow like im supposed to. :up:

If i cant get GA's then i might bid on the red zone, it would be nice to have my own personal bar and shitter up by the stage.

Does anyone really think all of the Dallas GA tickets will be sold out before the General Sale? Seriously?

(honest question here)

Gang...I would keep trying for the Norman show regardless of your group. I am a "boots" member and purchased my tix at 1005 am today! I went back in at Noon at purchased 4 more using the SMGOKC codes.

U2 is screwing the fan club members who pay $50 on the "hope" of getting pre sale tix "before the general public". Every Hornet season ticket holder and OU season ticket holder got an email with those codes.......and they sent them on to multiple friends......which leaves the "boots" members out in the cold if they follow the direction on the u2 360 website.

And yes....Norman will be a sellout tomorrow if it isn't already for the exact reason I stated above........and all the "regional" folks that will head down. It is gonna be awesome.

The West side of the stadium is the "back".......the East side faces the front of the stage......even though it looks to be a pretty cool "360" setup.

U2 is screwing the fan club members who pay $50 on the "hope" of getting pre sale tix "before the general public". Every Hornet season ticket holder and OU season ticket holder got an email with those codes.......and they sent them on to multiple friends......which leaves the "boots" members out in the cold if they follow the direction on the u2 360 website.

I disagree. As with the earlier presales, the U2.com ones provide a much better chance at getting GA tickets, whereas the blocks of tickets reserved for the various season ticket holders are usually not premium seating(or as much of it). The majority(vast?) of U2.com members here have been able to get GA's during the presales, but just about zero GA tickets have been available with all other presales.

Well that pretty much depends on if your definition of premium seating is GA. I can see the incredible appeal of those GA seats but my main gripe with the system is letting in literally tens of thousands of non u2.com members to select seats before "paid" u2.com members.

50k OU season ticket holders (plus friends) & 13k Thunder season ticket holders (plus friends) come out to a whole LOT of folks available to get in line. Who knows how big the "block" of tickets is for this group.....but I imagine that is a pretty significant number.

"paid" u2.com members were allowed to buy tickets today two hours before all the local presales went on. Today was totally crazy. OU students had a presale. Season ticket holders for OU, Thunder, Redhawks, Yard Dawgz and Blazers all had presales. They even had a presale for SMG-Tulsa.

I couldn't get the ticket I wanted today so I'll try again on Friday. After that, I'll have to decide how much extra to pay for what I want. Since I don't have to drive to Denver or Dallas for this or get a hotel room, I'll just put that money towards getting the ticket I want.

I couldn't get the ticket I wanted today so I'll try again on Friday. After that, I'll have to decide how much extra to pay for what I want. Since I don't have to drive to Denver or Dallas for this or get a hotel room, I'll just put that money towards getting the ticket I want.

Try fansite trades / purchases before you go to another broker. Fans will sell you tix at face value. Good luck.

Be careful ticketgod will find you if u play with the system too much. For the indoor zoo tv tour I was able to pull tickets easily but there was a limit of 4. Ends up I got 8 for one venue in two purchases. One was on the floor 20 rows from stage others were on side half way back. I was stoked but a week later TicketGOd emailed and said my one of my orders was canceled. The floor tickets were my first purchase and it was the one they canceled and I ended up sitting on side.
Play games with TicketNation and they will find you and destroy all in your path..........
:doh::reject:

I have a handful of friends who know I love U2 and want to see them with me because I can talk up a U2 show :wink:. Anyway, I was able to get 8 tickets together at Reliant with the "Texans/Reliant" presale code in section 550 row B (mid-tier section facing the stage) for $42 each!! The section right below were $95 seats. I just placed 2 orders & was lucky enough the seats were next to each other.

I sent a text out to everyone who wanted tickets & everyone was ecstatic. I'm just happy that I'll see U2 in Chicago & Houston for $84!! I plan on going to Vegas and buying a $95 seat.

My Boots was not working Wednesday morning, So I went with the Reliant code. I now have 3 club level tickets for the wife and child.
Good thing u2.com is sending the CD set, or I would feel cheated for spending $50 just for a pre sale code.

got my dallas GA. even though i have 1 ticket left on my code, i think i'll save it for 2010 just in case and try the general sale for norman.

anyone know if there are still GA aval for norman? I have a friend that has a boots code.

I just checked in 3 hours after the sale began for Breathe members, and I was still able to get a GA ticket. Not sure if it'll still be up for the Boots sale, but there are still some there right now though!

Just got two GAs to Dallas in my boots. But does anyone know if 2010 is considered a separate tour with a new 4 tix max?

Back
Top Bottom