Norman, Houston, Dallas - PreSale & General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Again, sorry if this is a n00b question, but:
Is there a deadline to join the club to get into the presale? Can I join the same day that I want to buy tickets? Do I have to wait for something in the mail or wait for an e-mail verificiation?

I'm pretty sure you can join the day before (or even hours before) and get your code. But maybe wait to hear from someone else just to make sure. The email verification comes really quickly and you can also sign in on the site to get your code, just in case you don't get your email once you become a member.

i was checking tickets for other shows on ticketmaster, and apparently you can pay for your membership on there at the same time you want to buy your tickets in the presale. But you'll have to wait till thursday to do that.

Are GA tix all one price? Sorry I am way out of the loop and now I have to get informed before Tuesday at 10am. :ohmy:

well i checked, the dallas show is listed on live nation.

So is every other show. Doesn't mean anything regarding ticket sales.

Here's the Dallas seating chart from ticketmaster.

Seating Chart. Official Ticketmaster site

27481s.gif

Well, most show GA's are all $55, but the Rose Bowl show was 56.50. Probably some fee added by the Rose Bowl itself. So, yes, most shows are $55 for all GA with some slight variation at some venues.

Presale codes for Norman are as follows:
OU season ticket holders-BOOMER
SMG presale-SMGOKC
Both go on sale Tuesday @12
Someone owes me a beer at the show!:applaud:

Would you happen to know the ticketmaster link for the OU season ticket holders presale? Thanks

Hope the Cowboys pre-sale code gets leaked like Houston's. I wanna save my U2.com pre-sale codes, 2 left. Have to do pre-sale, away from internet for a week after General on sale haha even though I know I have no worries for the Texas shows selling right away

SMB

a little google searching revealed this as a common Dallas Cowboys presale code "STHSPECIAL" (something special). Don't know if it'll work - anyone have any other info?

Worst case, it doesn't work and I gotta use a Breathe code Wednesday. Houston will work, Arlington is up in the air

SMB

Hope the Cowboys pre-sale code gets leaked like Houston's. I wanna save my U2.com pre-sale codes, 2 left. Have to do pre-sale, away from internet for a week after General on sale haha even though I know I have no worries for the Texas shows selling right away

SMB

Houston presale code is ??? :crack:

So let me get this right. There are two sets of codes. My code for horizon from u2.com and another from ticketmaster? Who gets the ticket master code? Or shall I ask how do you get that code?

Different venues have different codes. There is no "ticketmaster" code. They are codes for season ticket holders and promotion. Like, the New Jersey shows, if you signed up for a newsletter, you got a FREE code. They go on sale 2 hours after U2.com Horizon members get a head start. They DO NOT include GA's. But, if you want seats, it's a great way to go and you get to save your U2.com codes.

SMB

Is U2.com ever going to send us an email with details about tomorrow's pre-sales? A friend of mine has gotten emails about pre-sales for OU season ticket holders and Ford Center patrons that take place at noon tomorrow, but I would presume that those of us in the Horizon group have earlier access than that. Also I am confused by the posts in this thread indicating that we have to have multiple pre-sale codes, one from Ticketmaster, one from U2.com, etc. It would be nice to have some official word on the matter.

I used the Chicago Bears season ticket code and got 2 tickets without the stress of waiting or participating in the general sale. They were upper level tickets ($30 seats) but I'm just happy to be there opening night. They did have more expensive seats available but I was saving those for Houston.

Just to everyone a FYI, I've seen U2 in Houston the last 2 tours & both times the crowd have been A+

I think there is one code for U2.com members.
Ticketmaster code is a seperate thing for those who are members of the site or work at ticketmaster.

Back
Top Bottom