NO Stadium show in Ireland 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hello, talked with one of my "friends" I knew that the band has booked the stadium San Siro in Milan in July for two shows.

Good stuff! Everything is starting to leak now. London, Italy, Croke Park... All within (probably) a few hours of the album announcement!

What About Marley Park? I saw Coldplay there a few days before seeing u2 at Croke.. Its a bit of a hike but it was a Beautiful open field concept.. Might be a cool change of pace for the boys. Just a Thought.

My "friend" told me that the band wants to play ONLY in stadiums here in Europe.
Here in Italy there was the intention to organize something like Reggio Emilia in 1997 (150.000 fans) in an open area, but the band wants only stadiums!!!

Hmm - all stadiums? Sounds like a big production number to me. How exciting! Maybe it's going to be a full, in-the round show which would explain why they'd insist upon stadiums...

Hmm - all stadiums? Sounds like a big production number to me. How exciting! Maybe it's going to be a full, in-the round show which would explain why they'd insist upon stadiums...

Well they seemed to perk up at the In the round suggestion last night on the prog :hmm:

I'm starting to get that nervous feeling in my stomach that I felt waiting for the Vertigo tour dates that the UK dates will clash with my June exams, which caused me to miss out in 2005.

When will someone from the band's management just mention to them that June is a crap month to play the UK cos their younger fan's (a demographic they are surely trying to encourage to attend) are all in the midst of shitty exam time from GCSEs all through up to universities, if only they'd wait till July all would be dandy!

Please no Amsterdam. Rotterdam would be way better. The Amsterdam Arena is the shittiest stadium in the world for a concert because of the acoustics. Although I have to admit 16-7-2005 was a really great gig.

Please no Amsterdam. Rotterdam would be way better. The Amsterdam Arena is the shittiest stadium in the world for a concert because of the acoustics. Although I have to admit 16-7-2005 was a really great gig.

I think the Kuip is a bad choice right now. If it's being troubled by tremors at a Marco Borsato gig, how bad do you think it would be with a U2 gig? They haven't been there in 10 years!
I think it's better to go to the Arena again, too bad for the sound quality, and return to the renewed Kuip for the next tour!

i saw them on the vertigo tour at the cardiff millenium stadium. the roof was closed so guess it was like a cross between arena+stadium...SORT OF...but to be fair the sound was fucking appalling during the 2 support bands and not THAT much better by the time U2 went on.

I don't want to sound like a snob but as long as the venue's got good acoustics the fine! Or somewhere small. Imagine U2 at the royal festival hall. :drool: haha yum i'd pay good money for that.

I think the Kuip is a bad choice right now. If it's being troubled by tremors at a Marco Borsato gig, how bad do you think it would be with a U2 gig? They haven't been there in 10 years!
I think it's better to go to the Arena again, too bad for the sound quality, and return to the renewed Kuip for the next tour!

Oke you're right, probably De Kuip is in bad condition. I don't like The Arena anyway:wink:

Back
Top Bottom