Nashville U2 Show Venue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungYall

Babyface
Where U2's performance was absolutely amazing at the Vanderbilt Stadium, questions ran rampant about why exactly promoters chose that venue over the Nashville Coliseum, which is a much newer facility, can handle a much larger flow of people and can seat 15,000 more. My experience getting in through the gates, herding through the halls to get to my seat was less than satisfactory (having beer spilled on me and my girlfriend). I went to U2s 360 tour in Chicago, Soldier Field during their first leg and the experience was much much better.
The only thing I can guess as to why they played Vandy instead of the Coliseum was due to Nashville's fireworks people setting up near the Coliseum.
1. I hope U2 doesn't wait another 29 years before rocking Nashville again (only venue to sell out)
2. I hope the Coliseum is available and willing to have U2 next time around

lp field host a country music festival in summer (as you're probably aware), and the festival promotors have the right to say whether or not an event can be held there - and guess what? they said no to letting u2 play there.

i think it was a vastly better venue than lp field could have dreamed of being. you'd have had 15,000 more idiots to spill beer on you (really, your only complaint? that's not the stadiums fault) at lp field, and a much shitter atmosphere.

Can't wait to see them in Minneapolis - I don't think it's as small as Nashville, but it's definitely smaller than others, as was Vegas (which was awesome).

Stadium didn't effect the show

Don't get me wrong. I love living in Nashville and particularly love frequenting local venues and reveling in the intimacy of small venues, nothing beats it. I just feel, out of the four U2 shows I've been to, that Vandy Stadium was the worst when it comes to facilitating fans, getting them through the gates, getting them through the halls and into the seats, not to mention I get pissed when its as humid as it was the night of the show. Besides that, I was closer to the stage than I had ever been at larger stadiums like Soldier Field, which was awesome.

Can't wait to see them in Minneapolis - I don't think it's as small as Nashville, but it's definitely smaller than others, as was Vegas (which was awesome).

Yup. :up::up::up:
SQXBLZYTSNDUNXJ.20090423225736.jpg

Yeah, the logistics can be more annoying, but heck, even the giant stadiums can have annoying logistics. It varies so much from show to show as far as flow of traffic, flow of fans and organization.

Yeah, the logistics can be more annoying, but heck, even the giant stadiums can have annoying logistics. It varies so much from show to show as far as flow of traffic, flow of fans and organization.

I loved the smaller stadium, but those of us in GA only had access to porta potties. Now, I normally don't mind a clean porta potty, but as soon as the sun got low, it was completely dark once you closed the door. Just glad that I refrain from drinking beer until after the concert.

I loved the smaller stadium, but those of us in GA only had access to porta potties. Now, I normally don't mind a clean porta potty, but as soon as the sun got low, it was completely dark once you closed the door. Just glad that I refrain from drinking beer until after the concert.
yes. not to mention those porta-potties then blocked most of the access to the exit. it sure was fun leaving through that huge bottleneck.

:up:

Is it too much to ask for little solar lights in the roofs of port-a-potties? Even the cheap little solar yard-lights at Target or Walmart would help.

:shrug:

Yeah, Vandy was kind of a dump, but I loved seeing U2 in a smaller stadium. At the Georgia Dome I reserved a seat that I had expected to be pretty good, but I felt as if I were a mile away from the stage because the arena was so huge. It was like when the Beatles played Shea Stadium.

Back
Top Bottom