My Tips for obtaining "Public Onsale" Tickets Through Ticketmaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, I'm only worried because i need to get 4 GA's tomorrow. lol

You should be fine. I'm Boots too, and the only presale I've ever had trouble with the past two tours is Toronto 1 this tour. That was because RIM employees (tour sponsors) pillaged the supply of tickets for that show before the presale, and by the time they got to the Breathe category, pretty much all the GAs were gone. I ended up getting 4 TO2 in that presale and trading for TO1's though, so it was fine.

Last leg, I got 2 Chicago GAs in the general sale.

be there at the start of selling and never select best available

Ugh this is not necessarily true. I was on TM last week waiting to get tickets to another artists show. I was on there RIGHT when the clock turned and it just kept giving me crappy seats. I selected every combination I could, not just best available and it still was giving me not so great seats. Well I bought them anyway and now today, even just a week or two later, I can pull up much better seats for the same show. WHY?? Hate Ticketmaster. Now I'm stuck with shit tickets when I could have just waited and got better ones had I known they were going to release them like that.

It just makes me mad. For shows other than U2 that I dont have a presale code for I think I'm better off going through stubhub or another ticket broker.

You should be fine. I'm Boots too, and the only presale I've ever had trouble with the past two tours is Toronto 1 this tour. That was because RIM employees (tour sponsors) pillaged the supply of tickets for that show before the presale, and by the time they got to the Breathe category, pretty much all the GAs were gone. I ended up getting 4 TO2 in that presale and trading for TO1's though, so it was fine.

Last leg, I got 2 Chicago GAs in the general sale.

Okay score! Thanks.

Ugh this is not necessarily true. I was on TM last week waiting to get tickets to another artists show. I was on there RIGHT when the clock turned and it just kept giving me crappy seats. I selected every combination I could, not just best available and it still was giving me not so great seats. Well I bought them anyway and now today, even just a week or two later, I can pull up much better seats for the same show. WHY?? Hate Ticketmaster. Now I'm stuck with shit tickets when I could have just waited and got better ones had I known they were going to release them like that.

It just makes me mad. For shows other than U2 that I dont have a presale code for I think I'm better off going through stubhub or another ticket broker.

Sometimes they like to screw with the scalpers (and us) - i.e. let the scalpers / us buy the crap seats immediately and release the good ones later. Sometimes this is the artist's idea. Also, many times good seats are sold, but then credit cards get rejected a day or two later and those seats get thrown back into the pile. It's a crappy system, and I hate Ticketmaster too. :angry:

Sometimes they like to screw with the scalpers (and us) - i.e. let the scalpers / us buy the crap seats immediately and release the good ones later. Sometimes this is the artist's idea. Also, many times good seats are sold, but then credit cards get rejected a day or two later and those seats get thrown back into the pile. It's a crappy system, and I hate Ticketmaster too. :angry:

It was stated in other posts that a few 250 tickets sold by fan club (ticket Club) that were on side and behind the band..... Ticketmaster and Live Nation will sell bad tickets first to rabid fans so they have better seats for the public to buy as show gets closer to happening. Helps sell out show. If only bad tickets were left you would have empty sections as a person buying without the panic of 1st day sales are more discerning about what they pay to sit.
It is all a scam IMO:down: GA is only way to know you got a ticket at a fair price and you just might get into inner circle where you actually see the band.

Im sure that is certainly true. It makes sense. But I also think as the show approaches and people want tickets,arent they also prone to just buying anything if they see that tickets are still popping up? It seems you cant really win.... unless youre the CEO of TM or something? lol :angry:

My #1 tip would be to use a presale password site like *link removed by Bonochick* (the cheapest and best one). That way you get the passwords for the presales and can get an early chance to buy tickets, instead of waiting for the public onsale. Also, use a software like Broker2.0 instead of messing with proxies to fool ticketmaster.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
My #1 tip would be to use a presale password site like *link removed by Bonochick* (the cheapest and best one). That way you get the passwords for the presales and can get an early chance to buy tickets, instead of waiting for the public onsale. Also, use a software like Broker2.0 instead of messing with proxies to fool ticketmaster.

Cheers!

Lol at bumping at 20 month old post (with your 1st) to shill for ticket software

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers!

Please don't spam. It violates our rules, irritates people, and pollutes the earth. Okay, well, it does two out of those three things.

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=rules

What constitutes a post or thread worthy of being closed, deleted, or edited by the forum moderators?

Any posts or threads advertising your forum or website are unacceptable and considered spam, and will be deleted.

Back
Top Bottom